Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

Lol at all the turds in here giving Woodley shit as if he were wrong.

I like GSP, but how the fuck is Tyron wrong here?
GSP is considered the WW GOAT. He retires for a while, and then just comes back to fight Bisping....and ONLY because he thought it was an easy win. He wasn't saying shit when Silva, Weidman, or Rockhold were holding the belt.
He has said nothing about reclaiming his old belt against a guy he's never faced in Tyron, and instead of that, there are talks of him going DOWN to 155 to face Mate Diaz!?!?! A guy who couldn't cut it at WW is supposed to now face the GOAT WW? And Tyron is the one in the wrong?
Lol fuck outta here
<36>
GSP is cleary picking his fights to be easier. He said it himself, its like the stock market. Highest reward at a given time, at the lowest possible cost. After all those years dominating, he deserves the right to play that game.

I honestly think GSP beats Tyron, but he'd have to train REALLY seriously. The biggest risk for GSP is not losing to Tyron, but blowing out another ACL in training. And the way GSP would need to train to fight Tyron, there's probably a ~50% chance he'd blow his ACL again.

GSP has accomplished all he needs to. Why should he risk his ACL again to beat a guy he knows he can? It makes much more sense for him to take easier fights and challenge himself at LW. There's much less risk of blowing his ACL fighting at lightweight, where he can train a little easier against the smaller guys.

But seriously, if GSP signed to fight Tyron and actually made it to the fight, he's wrecking Tyron Woodley. Better standup, and he can neutralize Tyron's wrestling. And GSP is too smart to get hit by that telegraphed big right hand.

Anderson vs GSP is not a interesting fight, because the latter would be KOed inside one round, high left kick. There is a reason GSP ducked the Spider

And there was a reason Silva ducked Shogun and Jones.....and it wasn't because they were friends.

GSP is considered the WW GOAT. He retires for a while, and then just comes back to fight Bisping....and ONLY because he thought it was an easy win. He wasn't saying shit when Silva, Weidman, or Rockhold were holding the belt.
He has said nothing about reclaiming his old belt against a guy he's never faced in Tyron, and instead of that, there are talks of him going DOWN to 155 to face Mate Diaz!?!?! A guy who couldn't cut it at WW is supposed to now face the GOAT WW? And Tyron is the one in the wrong?
Lol fuck outta here
<36>

Exactly. lol He isn't interested in it. He wants to accomplish other things and make more money. Why is that so hard to understand?

GSP has done everything he wants to in WW; if he fought and beat Woodley, all the haters would cry and call Woodley a can.

Intelligent, skilled, and athletically gifted with a good work ethic. That said, if he retired tomorrow I could care less because he is also boring when in the cage. Don't blame him. Woodley walks away from the sport with minimal damage but I don't want to watch him fight ever again.

Lol fuck outta here
<36>

As you said Nate couldn't cut it at WW.
So how did you feel when Tyron when was pushing hard to defend his belt against Nate Diaz?

So how did you feel when Tyron when was pushing hard to defend his belt against Nate Diaz?

I would say GSP and Woodley have both moved forward with bitch moves, LoL.

Edit: Assuming all this stuff is true.

So Woodley is complaining about a fight rumor that Dana White floated 2 weeks ago, one which NEITHER FIGHTER INVOLVED actually said anything about the fight and have pushed back against the rumor, because he feels he's being ducked by a DFW rumor?

Look, honestly, if anyone believes GSP is going to 155 then they must think that his illness after the Bisbing fight was severe. No one is fighting 30lbs lighter than their last fight less than a year later. No one. Unless his digestive illness was so bad that he straight up lost over 30lbs of muscle, which would mean he wouldnt be cleared to fight.

Woodley is being a troll about a fantasy troll rumor. Why isnt he calling out Hughes for ducking him, its about as legit a discussion.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?
How many times has Dana White said X fight is happening, simply for a negotiation tactic? He's either trying to cut the cost of GSP/Diaz/McGregor's purse, or he's trying to make the UFC look healthy for their TV deal.

The fact that Woodley doesn't recognize this is indicative of his lack of foresight.

If GSP didn't retire for years and then come back I would agree with Woodley. As it stands GSP is only coming back into MMA to do what he wants and doesn't really give a shit about titles.

I would say GSP and Woodley have both moved forward with bitch moves, LoL.

Edit: Assuming all this stuff is true.

Yeah you're probably right actually. I think GSP is just going for big money fights since he came back though, first Bisping at MSG and now Diaz. To be fair he doesn't owe Tyron or the WW division anything at this stage.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a retired ex champ coming out of retirement and feeling he has done every thing he needs to do in his natural division and his GOAT legacy is secure there and his goal now is only big name, big money legacy fights.

it is assinine to try and say a retired GOAT ex champ can only return if he gets back into the contender mix in his natural division or he is ducking.

Had GSP stated 'my goals in coming out of retirement are a shot at the MW belt and a shot at the LW belt and if the UFC wants to make those fights I am interested. Otherwise I will remain retired' there would be no reason to criticize that. The only people who are critical are haters who do not want to see him add such big legacy fights and accomplishments to his resume.
no one demanded that.
But fighting above his "natural" WC then jumping it to fight below....

...shows me he either was lying when he said it would take years to move ONE division above, or he is blatantly ducking the one in the middle.

Yeah like when GSP AVOIDED the WW division for about 10 years?
No, silly.
he avoided MW (when Silva was at the top).
Actually, thinking about it a little further, he also avoided when Weidman or Rockhold were champions... now he is avoiding while Whitaker is at the top...

It seems he only did not avoid it while Bisping was at the top.

Sure says a lot!

Exactly. lol He isn't interested in it. He wants to accomplish other things and make more money. Why is that so hard to understand?
GSP isn't Conor.
He has talked about his legacy and being a true martial artist.
I'm not hating on GSP for wanting to make money. That's fine.
But you cannot be the WW champ, and look at the guy who is considered to be the WW GOAT NOT take a fight with you and have no comment.
WTF else is Tyron supposed to say?

Again, i respect GSP's position, but Tyron isn't wrong either.

If Nate wants to go up, then that's fine.
But Tyron was looking for any money fight he could get.
And more than that, Nate's name didn't come up until way after Nick and GSP and Bisping. He wasn't pushing that hard for a Nate fight, nowhere near what he was doing to get the other fights

GSP isn't Conor.
He has talked about his legacy and being a true martial artist.
I'm not hating on GSP for wanting to make money. That's fine.
But you cannot be the WW champ, and look at the guy who is considered to be the WW GOAT NOT take a fight with you and have no comment.
WTF else is Tyron supposed to say?

Again, i respect GSP's position, but Tyron isn't wrong either.
Tyron should shut up and make his own legacy.

You GSP haters make zero sense, it's unbelievable. The guy had one of, if not, the best careers in the history of the sport, legacy and money wise. He also fought the toughest opposition, always.

The fucking guy saw an opportunity at MW to fight Bisping for the title, and took it. Not a single MMA fighter out there, past present or future, would not have made the exact same move. Yet people hate on him for it. Noting, he beat and stopped a guy that Rockhold, Henderson or Silva couldn't. But it's bisping, so ya know, fuck GSP.

Now he wants to move down to LW MAYBE and win that title. That means more for his legacy then regaining the WW Title. Sorry Tryon, it just does. Again, people hate on him for it. But when Edgar moved down, Pettis moved down, TJ wanted to move down, DC moved down, and anyone else, they don't get hated on.

I suspect that the UFC is making him do this Nate fight first, before giving him an immediate title shot, after the way he screwed them at MW.

It's nice to see that most people get it.

GSP doesn't owe anyone anything.

He cleared his division out TWICE.

Back