Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

Fight Woodley and win = shit payday, tougher fight, reclaim WW belt that he already defended 9 times... Sherdog: WOODLEY WAS A CAN ALL ALONG

Fight McGregor/take LW belt and win = huge payday, easier win, makes history being 3x lineal champ... Sherdog: CONOR WAS A CAN ALL ALONG

If Nate wants to go up, then that's fine.
But Tyron was looking for any money fight he could get.
And more than that, Nate's name didn't come up until way after Nick and GSP and Bisping. He wasn't pushing that hard for a Nate fight, nowhere near what he was doing to get the other fights
Tyron calls out Nate at WW, that's ok.

GSP is rumored to be fighting Nate at Nate's natural weight LW, GSP is a bitch.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?

I agree 100%, GSP is avoiding Woodley, Woodley will embarrass him. And I don't even like Woodley as much as I like GSP. I can't stand Woodley....

no one demanded that.
But fighting above his "natural" WC then jumping it to fight below....

...shows me he either was lying when he said it would take years to move ONE division above, or he is blatantly ducking the one in the middle.

Anderson wanted fights above and below MW when he went into legacy mode. It was all about the NAME value.

And you are misrepresenting what GSP stated, as usual.

No, silly.
he avoided MW (when Silva was at the top).
Actually, thinking about it a little further, he also avoided when Weidman or Rockhold were champions... now he is avoiding while Whitaker is at the top...

It seems he only did not avoid it while Bisping was at the top.

Sure says a lot!
Another lie by you.

GSP was focused on his own division during his GOAT WW run as HE SHOULD BE. He was defending against the best of the best WW which HE SHOULD BE.

When Anderson was in that part of his MW run before he cleaned out the division he had no interest in fighting outside MW either. When fights with GSP were suggested Anderson had two standard replies, 'I am happy in my category" or 'that fight does not interest me'. Which was fine and what HE SHOULD BE doing as he was fighting the best MW and defending his belt.

Anderson only changed his tune once he was talking about retirement and had cleaned out MW and then and ONLY THEN did he start entertaining fights outside MW.

GSP being younger and in a deeper division did not get there at the exact same time Anderson did and yet guys like you act like the minute Anderson finally wanted the fight for his legacy GSP had some obligation to move up and fight him instead of Anderson moving down to WW and getting an immediate title shot as Dana said and GSP said he would accept.

Its BS, GSP always had a plan that he stated and that is he would only try himself at MW once he was done with defending at WW as he did not want to risk trying to go up and down in weight and negatively impacting his fights at WW.

So once GSP had retired from WW and the sport and decided to come back his willingness to try himself at MW and LW make perfect sense in that context. He has no obligation to take any more fights at any weight after. NO belts to defend so its the perfect time to experiment.

If Anderson had not lost to Weidman and instead retired with a win and then came back and said I am only interested in two fights, the WW title and the LHW title and I am willing to make weight in both divisions. You would have praised Anderson for being alpha as fuck and instead because its GSP and you cannot put aside your hate you act like this is a negative thing.

{<huh}

So if he's past prime and just wants money fights, why would he be a coward for trying to see if he can make LW? It's not like he wants to hold the ww title again. This is prizefighting, and you guys are calling him a coward for making some coin AFTER having a top 5 career in mma history. It doesn't make sense.

You all need to make up your f*king minds is he fighting for legacy or money fights? Fighting Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor are money fights them two do nothing to add to ones legacy, at least fighting Bisping and beating the current champ is legacy material as would fighting Woodley, correct me if I'm wrong didn't GSP say this come back was all about legacy..? Fighting Khabib is legacy material.

If GSP wants to do money fights more power to him I got no problems with that, if he wants to fight for legacy then Woodley/Khabib are legacy fights. But don't be confusing money fights & legacy fights as one in the same, because the whole deal of the GSP return was suppose to be about legacy not money...

so why comment if you don't care about accuracy or being correct in what you say? I showed you why and how you are wrong and ok, you don't care. You like being wrong. Go celebrate it then.

I don't care about your noise or what you think is right in regards to GOAT's, Legacy's or whatever, that sh!t is for when is all said and done and we look back at your fight life, if you still fighting then fight. WTF does fighting Nate 19-11 Diaz @155 do for anybody GOAT or Legacy status

Haven't both sides said this fight is not happeneing? Yet here we are still saying GSP is cherry picking a fight with nate, when there is no fight to cherry pick? Is that not strange to anybody else? He is cherry picking a fight he is not fighting or asking for?

No, silly.
he avoided MW (when Silva was at the top).
Actually, thinking about it a little further, he also avoided when Weidman or Rockhold were champions... now he is avoiding while Whitaker is at the top...

It seems he only did not avoid it while Bisping was at the top.

Sure says a lot!

How about Silva avoiding any legitimate LHW contender when there was actually no one worthy of a title shot at MW? GSP always had a contender that deserved it at WW. Silva picked fights against guys unranked LHW or a guy that was taylor made for him who was coming off a brutal KO loss in his last fight (as well as in sparring according to rumors).

How about when Silva asked to fight WW Diaz and then after being caught cheating against him, asked for a freaking rematch. How about when he asked for a fight against FW champ McGregor?

Lol at all the turds in here giving Woodley shit as if he were wrong.

I like GSP, but how the fuck is Tyron wrong here?

In your entire retarded little speil, you forgot to mention that woodley called out nate diaz to FIGHT FOR THE WELTERWEIGHT TITLE. When he knew full well that colby or rda were next in line. Woodley is a champion and as such, has AN OBLIGATION to fight top contenders. GSP had those same obligations, but was decent about it and vacated his middle weight title. Tyron on the other hand, has called out gsp, nate and conor. NONE of which are are top WW's at the moment.

Tyron is absolutely in the fucking wrong and so are you. You can say gsp is "ducking" tyron if he wants but him pursuing gsp or conor or nate is him ducking the rightful contenders in the division. And he's now tried to do that THREE times.

Haven't both sides said this fight is not happeneing? Yet here we are still saying GSP is cherry picking a fight with nate, when there is no fight to cherry pick? Is that not strange to anybody else? He is cherry picking a fight he is not fighting or asking for?

For GSP haters, whatever GSP do or no not do, that will always be a friggin good reason to hate.

Lmao Woodley blatantly ducked Lombard on his way to the WW title. Stfu bro. Maybe GSP doesn't want to fight you because "it would be bad for his brand"

Anderson wanted fights above and below MW when he went into legacy mode. It was all about the NAME value.

And you are misrepresenting what GSP stated, as usual.
GSP stated it would take years to move from one WC to another.
Now he's doing it.

You fail trying to defend his lies.

Another lie by you.

GSP was focused on his own division during his GOAT WW run as HE SHOULD BE. He was defending against the best of the best WW which HE SHOULD BE.

When Anderson was in that part of his MW run before he cleaned out the division he had no interest in fighting outside MW either. When fights with GSP were suggested Anderson had two standard replies, 'I am happy in my category" or 'that fight does not interest me'. Which was fine and what HE SHOULD BE doing as he was fighting the best MW and defending his belt.

Anderson only changed his tune once he was talking about retirement and had cleaned out MW and then and ONLY THEN did he start entertaining fights outside MW.

GSP being younger and in a deeper division did not get there at the exact same time Anderson did and yet guys like you act like the minute Anderson finally wanted the fight for his legacy GSP had some obligation to move up and fight him instead of Anderson moving down to WW and getting an immediate title shot as Dana said and GSP said he would accept.

Its BS, GSP always had a plan that he stated and that is he would only try himself at MW once he was done with defending at WW as he did not want to risk trying to go up and down in weight and negatively impacting his fights at WW.

So once GSP had retired from WW and the sport and decided to come back his willingness to try himself at MW and LW make perfect sense in that context. He has no obligation to take any more fights at any weight after. NO belts to defend so its the perfect time to experiment.

If Anderson had not lost to Weidman and instead retired with a win and then came back and said I am only interested in two fights, the WW title and the LHW title and I am willing to make weight in both divisions. You would have praised Anderson for being alpha as fuck and instead because its GSP and you cannot put aside your hate you act like this is a negative thing.
Sorry, but I started reading the first two sentences, and it was so full of lies, I just had to ignore the rest.
Both Silva and GSP cleaned up their divisions. The clamour for their fight was exactly because of that.

GSP said he was too small, then he said it would take a full year off just building muscles, then he just flat out dismissed it.
Heck, he even said he was so small, he should make LW instead of MW.
Then he retires.
Then Bisping gest the belt, he (all of a sudden) wants to fight at MW.
Then Dana (foreseeing the duck) puts in his contract that he would have to defend the title, and so GSP signs it and fights Bisping.
Then he run.

Now, he is moving to LW ignoring and leapfrogging Woodley's division. Because he wants none of that.

I don't particularly mind this move, biut call it for what it is.

GSP only wants to "test" himself on fights that are no test at all.

How about Silva avoiding any legitimate LHW contender when there was actually no one worthy of a title shot at MW? GSP always had a contender that deserved it at WW. Silva picked fights against guys unranked LHW or a guy that was taylor made for him who was coming off a brutal KO loss in his last fight (as well as in sparring according to rumors).

How about when Silva asked to fight WW Diaz and then after being caught cheating against him, asked for a freaking rematch. How about when he asked for a fight against FW champ McGregor?
LOL it is so funny watching you squirm.
We were talking about GSP. WHy change the subject every single time?
I know why... because you can't defend him, so your desperate attempt to change topics is your last hope from admission that there are no excuses...

Rather than continuously looking for a big $$$ fight he needs to fight contenders in his division...he's hardly been active since winning the belt..

If he put together a couple of exciting title defenses people would forget about his boring fights and he could finally be a compelling guy to put in a big money fight instead of trying to feed off another fighters drawing power.

Back