• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyron Woodley Claims He Is The Greatest UFC Welterweight Ever

omfg just cause he got blessed with a lucky shot and won the championship does not mean you are the goat of a division, gsp would eat him up then shit him right out, when wonderboy beats him i wanna hear him say this again.

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

When he dominates for over 5 years ill agree...until then.....negro please!!

I think a few people are just angry because Tyron didn't lose in 1 round to Wonderboy like many Sherdoggers predicted.

Again, I disagree. An awful lot of winners are highly insecure people, whose very insecurity pushes them to achieve. And there's an awful lot of losers populating our prisons who think they are God's gift.

A certain amount of confidence is necessary to success in many fields, and athletics is one of those fields. But being confident does not require a lack of objectivity to the extent that one is delusional.

You may hold a different personal opinion but its NOT relevant to what these guys think to succeed.

You wont likely find anyone who is excellent at their craft insecure about their expertise, certainly not athletic excellence and definitely not great champions.

Thats just fundamental aspect of being a winner.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

He's the champ and he has confidence in his abilities, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. To get to ufc champ I think you legit have to believe you're the best ever.

Well, almost all fighters are completely delusional in regards to how good they actually are. You have to believe in yourself in order to do well otherwise you might as well quit. The one thing about Woodley's statement that I think is good is that he'll continue fighting and kicking ass until he proves it to everyone. This indicates that he's aware he hasn't done enough yet, so at least he's not on Ronda's level of delusion. We all know Woodley isn't the best and never will be so it will probably be a tough loss to swallow once he loses his belt and the media cares less about him.

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

Honestly he is out of his mind. He can't compare himself to Gsp (who i'm not a huge fan of) GSP's record speaks for itself. He is a fucking legend. Not like Tyron. I think Tryon is pretty elite but he is a dick,(dare I say racist?) and he doesn't market himself well. He is seriously fucking delusional if he thinks he is more impressive then GSP.

Tyrun avoided the presser after the Rory fight, which is odd because of the list guys who were "transferred" Woodley's name wasn't on the list. He did so little, I doubt he was seriously hurt.

I think Tyron spends a lot of time trying to forget about the time Rory made him stand in the corner like a bad boy.

I'm not sure if I buy this. Does it really make you less of a man to realize that others are better, or that others in the past have been better than you are? If being an alpha means being delusional about your own capabilities, then maybe being an alpha isn't such a good thing.

I've always admired athletes with a strong sense of their own abilities. Like Leroy Hoard once said, "If you need a yard, I can get you three every time. If you need five yards, I can get you three every time."
If you are a fighter and you believe that others are better than you, even after you have trained hard and you are coming in with a strong gameplan, then you need to stop, because you are putting your health at risk for no reason.

Tyron has the "touch of death," and he is a good wrestler, on paper, he is currently a bad match up for EVERY SINGLE welterweight in the UFC. Why shouldn't he have confidence in his talent, skills and preparation?

At this point, some people are just looking for any excuse to justify their hate.

I think Tyron lacks confidence, despite what he says, but I am not mad at him for saying it. With his skills and talent, he should have CRUSHED Wonderboy beyond a reasonable doubt. He should be fighting Damian Maia now.

Tyron lacks that next level mental gear that dominant champions have, and that is why he under utilizes his skills.

Cool if he believes this but he's got a lot of work to do to prove it.

Yeah, and it's the color of your skin that makes people dislike you.......

You may hold a different personal opinion but its NOT relevant to what these guys think to succeed.

You wont likely find anyone who is excellent at their craft insecure about their expertise, certainly not athletic excellence and definitely not great champions.

Thats just fundamental aspect of being a winner.

Can you cite any research or evidence beyond your personal belief? You may feel like a world beater, but you are losing this debate.

If you are a fighter and you believe that others are better than you, even after you have trained hard and you are coming in with a strong gameplan, then you need to stop, because you are putting your health at risk for no reason.

Bullshit.

You don't need to believe you are better than everyone. In fact, that's not a sensible approach at all. Having a realistic view of your own capabilities as well as those of your opponents is the best.

What have you succeeded at in life by deluding yourself as to your skills?

If he beats Wonderboy and Maia, I'll start to consider the notion.

Back