• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyron Woodley calling out Demian Maia for UFC 209

You're incorrect. Retaining the belt after a championship fight is a successful title defense.

I don't see not winning as a defense. He kept it because no one won. Now he has to rematch the other guy because he didn't win.

If he beats Wonderboy this fight I doubt people will look back and call it two title defenses.

Possibly the first time I sort of like what Woodley says, even though this is just to piss off Wonderboy. Too bad the rematch is pretty much certain to happen.
Matchmaking these days is fucked and guys like Maia get boned.

I don't see not winning as a defense. He kept it because no one won. Now he has to rematch the other guy because he didn't win.

If he beats Wonderboy this fight I doubt people will look back and call it two title defenses.
At least in other fight sports, and from what I've seen in the MMA media, fighting to a stalemate is still a defense, since the champ did enough to avoid relinquishing the belt. Thompson killed a few of the guards, but ultimately failed to take the castle-- victory to King Woodley who defended and gets to keep the castle.

If a draw meant he didn't defend, then it would make more sense to remove the belt from Woodley and just make it a fight for a "vacant" title. I've not seen that in any sport, though.

If Woodley wins this second encounter, he'll be 1-0-1 against Thompson, with two title defenses.

True that and he should get educated on it. Hopefully he will. I think he is a good guy personally. And good luck with you and your wife!

He has just repeatedly done and said shit that takes away any want for me to be a fan of his and believe he is good is all. He needs to realize that some people aren't fans of his for a legitimate reason other than race. What you do or say and how you do or say things will have an effect.

Before his race baiting, ducking, and other garbage...I was excited for his buildup in strikeforce. Now, I just find him disgusting.

Thank you for the luck! The difficulties that come from being an interracial couple are bothersome but completely worth it.:D

He has just repeatedly done and said shit that takes away any want for me to be a fan of his and believe he is good is all. He needs to realize that some people aren't fans of his for a legitimate reason other than race. What you do or say and how you do or say things will have an effect.

Before his race baiting, ducking, and other garbage...I was excited for his buildup in strikeforce. Now, I just find him disgusting.

Thank you for the luck! The difficulties that come from being an interracial couple are bothersome but completely worth it.:D

It's always worth it, if you have the right woman. If we all had mixed relationships, there would be no more racedebate at all :D

The move that showed me he is a good guy was, when he didn't take Kelvin's money after Kelvin missed weight by a large margin despite him having not much money either.

Back