• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyron Woodley calling out Demian Maia for UFC 209

dude, f*ck what wonderboy has to say. He had his shot and he LOST. No person at WW is more deserving of a title shot than Maia. Good on Woodley for recognizing that. This is a very dangerous fight for him. More than a rematch with a "tricky striker" he ALREADY BEAT.
Neither guy lost that fight. That's why it was a draw. That being said both guys deserve that title shot so it's a tough call to make.

Good for Woodley taking on the true number 1 contender. Wonderboy can go to the back of the line only Helen Keller thought that fight was a draw.

The #1 contender is the guy who beat #1 & #2 ranked Hendricks and Rory then took the champ to a draw. Not the guy who beat fringe top 10 WWs who are about to retire and have losing records over the last 3 years.

I just talked to Demian about Woodley tweet. He literally started crying. He even asked me if i had a pen to sign the papers. I'm gonna talk to Dana now and tell him: MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU BALDIE!

I think he just doesn't like Wonderboy for some reason...

Maybe cause all the other champs were fighting fighters who didn't deserve it? I love Cody, but I absolutely saw the case for TJ (hopefully they meet now), RRR getting a TS at a different opponent despite being completely outclassed, Conor fighting anybody but defending his belts, etc.

And he is champ and making no money. So, yeah I see why he might be mad.

That is the deal when it comes to being a PRIZE FIGHTER though. This isn't like the NFL or NBA. Not everyone is going to be making the big bucks. It goes by your ranking AND how well you sell to the audience. Don't blame everyone else for Tyrone's lack of appeal. Blame his own bullshit.

RRR getting a title shot is bogus, if they really cared about protecting THAT investment they would have given her a tune up fight with some part time mom who trains 1/4 of the time that Ronda puts in.

Connor gets what he has put in, he isn't my favorite fighter, but he has put in the work with Media/Fighting to get to where he is today monetarily...Even taking short notice fights to appease the bosses(something Tyrone hasn't done). What exactly has Tyrone done except perform badly against Gastellum/Rory/NateTheGreat? And what has he done besides ducking Lombard among a couple other bad style matchups? What has he done besides playing the constant victim and abusing the race card?

The way you perform in and out of the ring is what dictates the money, many people need to realize this, including Tyrone.

Well?

Honestly? That is the fight to make.

I personally don't think WB and Woodley should be having a rematch anyway.

Maia has certainly earned his shot, and should be fighting for the title.

Did Wonderboy and Woodley fight? Does Woodley still have the title after the fight? Then he defended it.

He didn't win. They have unfinished business like finding out who would win in a fight.

The #1 contender is the guy who beat #1 & #2 ranked Hendricks and Rory then took the champ to a draw. Not the guy who beat fringe top 10 WWs who are about to retire and have losing records over the last 3 years.
You're talking about the wins and losses of who Maia beat BUT having the nerve to list Rory (3-3) and Hendricks (2-5) in the last three years?

Tyrun gotta live up to that name
Did Wonderboy and Woodley fight? Does Woodley still have the title after the fight? Then he defended it.

Basically a draw which means obvious choice is rematch, not "tyrun" away and fight another opponent

You're talking about the wins and losses of who Maia beat BUT having the nerve to list Rory (3-3) and Hendricks (2-5) in the last three years?

They were ranked #1 and #2 when Wonderboy beat them. Hendricks had a losing streak AFTER Wonderboy destroyed his career. Condit and Brown were already losing most of their fights when Maia beat them which is why they were ranked nowhere near #1 or #2.

I wanna hear what WONDERDAD has to say about this!

dude, f*ck what wonderboy has to say. He had his shot and he LOST. No person at WW is more deserving of a title shot than Maia. Good on Woodley for recognizing that. This is a very dangerous fight for him. More than a rematch with a "tricky striker" he ALREADY BEAT.

Except he didn't.

They were ranked #1 and #2 when Wonderboy beat them. Hendricks had a losing streak AFTER Wonderboy destroyed his career. Condit and Brown were already losing most of their fights when Maia beat them which is why they were ranked nowhere near #1 or #2.
Cool, so Wonderboy's only victories of note in the UFC are against a fighter that lost his way out of the UFC and a fighter that can't even win a match in the UFC or make weight? Good to know.

can't believe people are actually saying this makes sense after the champion failed to beat the number 1 contender. I totally get why woodley doesn't want it tho. He hit WB with his best shots and still couldn't put him away and lost the 5th round.

I just talked to Demian about Woodley tweet. He literally started crying. He even asked me if i had a pen to sign the papers. I'm gonna talk to Dana now and tell him: MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU BALDIE!
Crying? Was he very happy?

Unnecessary quotation marks to detract from Maia's claim at the title shot AND trying to dodge rematch with Wonderboy

Woodley still a douche

In Tyruns potato of a brain a guy asking for a rematch after a draw is entitled. But him going around asking for money fights with a guy who hasn't won a fight in 5 years, or a super fight with the champ despite not being a draw and having 0 defenses isn't. Dude is the most entitled fighter in the UFC.

I'd like to see a jeapordy match with him and Cody Garbrandt, I might put my money on Cody.

What's up with the "deserves".

Is he saying that in that way because he thinks it's bullshit to go by who deserves or because he thinks Maia does not deserve it?

Woodley is gotten to. When Wonderboy goes on the offensive, he turns his sights to Maia.

Back