Tyron or GSP?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After last night, lots of people are asking the question.

But lets be real here. GSP is right up in the greatest of all time category. Does anyone consider Twood the greatest fighter of all time?

Maybe we give it a few years before we can compare with a bit more definition.

GSP is miles ahead, Tyron is good though

GSP, Tyron's last and by far most impressive fight not withstanding, in any way at all.

Georges is just WAY better everywhere, maybe but for pure power.

Strange it took all this time for someone to finally make a thread about this.

Idk but I think we need a few more GSP Woodley threads to get a better idea

Woodley has way better precision & timing. His stand-up is on whole another level, while GSP is little bit better on ground. If we look at only skill-set i would go with Woodley, but at this point it's still GSP because his record is more impressive as a champion.

They are both 37 and if they were to fight right now im picking t Wood and GSP is one fight removed from being MW champion so let’s not act like it’s an unfair comparison.

oh goody yet another discussion on it , must read

Oh, brother... only on Sherdog could this be a thing...

These threads are redundant. Anytime a fighter gets a good win it's the same shit comparisons and GOAT talk all over again.

But to answer anyway, at his age, Tyron will never get anywhere close to GSP. Even if he could, his losses and questionable wins already takes him out of the question.

LEGACY: GSP
IN A STRAIT FIGHT PRIME FOR PRIME: WOODLEY 7/10 times
imo:D

It's more of a matchup thing, Woodley is a horrific matchup for GSP. GSP was such a good grappler with a great gas tank, so I won't leave out the possibilities he could wall and stall for 5 rounds 3/10 fights.

Gsp is probably the second most explosive fighter at WW. I think he can game plan well against Tyron, but GSP has a mediocre chin and he won't take Tyron down easily. Though rn I have to pick Tyron to win, but definitely GSP if this was pre-Hendricks title run.

If I were to rank WW champs by accomplishments I would go 1. GSP, 2. Matt Hughes, 3. Woodley.
Thats not to suggest that one will beat the other, just that by comparison Woodley has some way to climb to be considered the greatest WW ever.

Certainly becoming "One of" - if not already...

Note there is no one GOAT imo...

They are both 37 and if they were to fight right now im picking t Wood and GSP is one fight removed from being MW champion so let’s not act like it’s an unfair comparison.

One has had two acl surgeries

Back