Typecasted actors

Did anyone mention Adam Sandler? What ever that character is, he plays the same one in every movie.

With a few exceptions, nearly every actor.

Most actors have a very broad range, but throughout their career are only given the opportunity to show a small percentage of it. That's often why with high profile TV or movie actors you may feel like you are watching them portray the same character over and over again. This is a by-product of the business. How many times has Adam Sandler played the same obscene clown in recent memory? But I guarantee you he can do much more than that (and we see glimpses of it in Funny People and Punch Drunk Love.)

This. There are very few actors that play roles that completely separate themselves from other roles in most of their films. To some extent Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. and Christian Bale are leading examples.

I cant believe nobody has mentioned this man...

THE ULTIMATE TYPECAST

images

BULLSHIT!

Michael%20Cera%5B8%5D.jpg

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3759-michael-cera/

R Lee Ermey. check out his IMDB and try to find someone that wasnt in the military or a cop. even if voice overs he is always a cop or military. honestly, he is in a league of his own when it comes to being typecast

This. There are very few actors that play roles that completely separate themselves from other roles in most of their films. To some extent Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. and Christian Bale are leading examples.

i think depp is actually typecast. i mean every time you need a weirdo/outcast/eccentric he is the go to guy. he hasnt done a normal role in so long, it has even affected the way he talks and behaves in real life. he has developed this weird accent and looks like some kind of cartoon character

i think depp is actually typecast. i mean every time you need a weirdo/outcast/eccentric he is the go to guy. he hasnt done a normal role in so long, it has even affected the way he talks and behaves in real life. he has developed this weird accent and looks like some kind of cartoon character

Depp also lived in France and the UK for years.

Back