Typecasted actors

I guess you have a point about Noomi Rapace. The dragon tattoo chick, and Prometheus are different characters, but you can think of them as being the same person but having been born into different circumstances.

They are similar roles as you pointed out but I think they're different enough that it really isn't fair to say she was type casted.

Russel Brand plays the exact same character in every movie. And apart from Forgetting Sarah Marshall I've never found him to be very funny

I may get some flack for this, but I have always felt Al Pacino is type cast. Sure he breaks out of the Italian/Italian-American mobster criminal/"business associate" role every now and again (Scent of a Woman kind of), but he is known for those preceeding roles.

Mark Hamil is funny because he was first type cast as Luke, then broke away in voice acting, now is type cast for Luke and voice acting as the Joker

Jason Statham is probably the most typecasted actor of all time. Every movie he makes is a carbon copy of the previous. I aint complaining tho, I luv em.

some of his earlier stuff with guy ritchie isnt, but now its almost always
"deadly criminal type with a moral compass"

Schwimmer actually is a good actor. Watch Big Nothing. He's great in it

I may get some flack for this, but I have always felt Al Pacino is type cast. Sure he breaks out of the Italian/Italian-American mobster criminal/"business associate" role every now and again (Scent of a Woman kind of), but he is known for those preceeding roles.

Mark Hamil is funny because he was first type cast as Luke, then broke away in voice acting, now is type cast for Luke and voice acting as the Joker

Pacino is always cast as the guy who gets pissed off and yells. Anything from "And Justice For All" to present, the dude just fucking yells at some point.

Daniel radcliff- always seems to be a wizard

I rest my case.

If you can watch this ^^^ whole video without bustin' out laughing then you are a better man than me.

Stifler was the first to come to mind as soon as I saw the thread title. I see he was mentioned in the first reply as well. American Pie, The Rundown, Dude where's my car, Dukes of Hazzard, Road Trip, etc.

Shia has been typecasted as a leading man. Horrible typecasting.

Robert Downey Jr., successful cocky guy (Tropic Thunder notwithstanding)

That's mainly due to his string of Ironman and Sherlock Holmes movies recently. He's played a wide range of characters in his career.

I rest my case.

If you can watch this ^^^ whole video without bustin' out laughing then you are a better man than me.

lol that was almost as funny the Nic Cage freakouts or Sean Bean death sequences

That's mainly due to his string of Ironman and Sherlock Holmes movies recently. He's played a wide range of characters in his career.
True.

Watched A Scanner Darkly the other day. Forgot he was in that.

What are you a lawyer?

(Both are correct, although typecasted puts more emphasis on past tense action.)

Between those and that road trip movie he did with Zack Galifinakis, those are pretty much all of his roles from the last 5 years though. He's been around a while, but his career resurgence has been due to playing that one role very well.

Sean William Scott (Stifler) broke out of the typecast a bit in "Goon". It was a pretty entertaining movie.

Pacino is always cast as the guy who gets pissed off and yells. Anything from "And Justice For All" to present, the dude just fucking yells at some point.

His first ten years or so he wasn't like that, then along came the 80s, and HOOHAH! It's never gone away.

Back