TV/Technology Guys: Anybody Know What’s Wrong With My TV

StewDogg11

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So I have a Samsung Smart TV and everything worked swimmingly for about a year. And now the Smart Hub will not even come close to loading up any apps like Netflix or HBO Go even though my internet connection is perfectly fine.

So my sister gave me her old Apple TV and while it works around half the time the other half either results in either SD or the spinning wheel of death.

Damn technology!!! Anybody know what’s wrong with this steaming pile of junk?

So I have a Samsung Smart TV and everything worked swimmingly for about a year. And now the Smart Hub will not even come close to loading up any apps like Netflix or HBO Go even though my internet connection is perfectly fine.

So my sister gave me her old Apple TV and while it works around half the time the other half either results in either SD or the spinning wheel of death.

Is it plugged in?

Of course it’s plugged in smart ass. How would Netflix be even playing in SD if it wasn’t plugged in.

Just trying to help you out, man.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Is the auxiliary plugged in have you tried that?

Did you blow on it?

Seriously, it depends on which one you have and what quality. And the number of inches doesn't matter. Also, what year it was made, not bought. Could beat your smarthub software is already out of date. My last Samsung was only 3 years old. Swapped it out for newer model last month, incredible difference.

Also there are entire forums dedicated to all smart tv models. Google Samsung Smarthub.

Did you blow on it?

Seriously, it depends on which one you have and what quality. And the number of inches doesn't matter. Also, what year it was made, not bought. Could beat your smarthub software is already out of date. My last Samsung was only 3 years old. Swapped it out for newer model last month, incredible difference.

Also there are entire forums dedicated to all smart tv models. Google Samsung Smarthub.

I just reset the Smart Hub and it says I have the most up to date software. I bought it brand new in late 2017...not sure what year it was actually made.

Sounds like you might have blown a flux capacitor.

Just google troubleshooting steps for your TV. Also make sure your TVs software is updated.

turn it off and on a couple of times if that doesnt work hit the back of it a couple of times

Just trying to help you out, man.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Ahhh so you’re going with the way I’ve fixed all my computers over the last 20+ years. The off, then back on method. Always works.

Unplug it for about 10 minutes then plug it back in, I've had a similar issue with my Samsung

Is it possible it was hacked and the CPU is busy uploading high def video of you doing naughty things to yourself? Or maybe it was hacked to mine Bitcoins.

It might need some water to freshen up the system.

I have a 2017 Samsung smart TV as well & it's been great so far.
Except for an issue with loading Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago that I fixed by unplugging it for about 20 or 30 minutes. That did the trick. So try it out when you get the chance.
Good luck.

My Samsung lasted three years before it lost the power supply. Not worth replacing as it wasnt 4k and i wanted one.

If the smart tv stuff doesn’t work it probably means the operating system is corrupted. See if you can do a software update on it, or if Samsung has a way to reinstall the OS entirely. Maybe a firmware update would fix it, idk. As for the Apple TV problem, it is easy to think the two are related. Maybe they are. But until you have evidence that they are, you should operate under the assumption that they are two different problems with two different causes. Otherwise you will find yourself falling down the troubleshooting rabbit hole that leads to nowhere.

Back