Turtle Position

why not just grab their balls...that'll make em squirm too... are you seeing the point now?

How is that the same?
The elbow to the back is equal to pulling gaurd. It's cheap but effective.
It's not a strike.

Just for the record in a fight i would go for the balls

well just watch the master of the turtle position in action in any of his many Pride Fights

Sakuraba, he was the master of the turtle position ... did it so often, against so many Gracies ( and other highly skilled BJJ fighters ) and never got in any danger of a RNC ( or any other kind of submission ) from that position.

Herring used it against Kongo, he had few sweeps from the turtle. He must have watched Telles DVDs! :D

How is that the same?
The elbow to the back is equal to pulling gaurd. It's cheap but effective.
It's not a strike.

Just for the record in a fight i would go for the balls

pulling guard is as cheap as using your elbow to dig into someone's back? Pulling guard is cheap at all? see I have to disagree completely. why not just start grabbing pressure points to make someone open up? the fact is digging your elbow into someone is nott\ an attempt to use technique it is an attempt to inflict pain. Hell in wrestling where you no doubt picked up the elbow in the back to open up someone it is not even cheap is technically illegal, granted it is hardly ever called but that is no excuse to use it.

Your post to me seems to imply, and I could be wrong as I have been before, that you enjoy more inflicting pain then actually using technical move. if someone is balled up in turtle there are much more technical and effective things you can do then dig an elbow into someone.

pulling guard is as cheap as using your elbow to dig into someone's back? Pulling guard is cheap at all? see I have to disagree completely. why not just start grabbing pressure points to make someone open up? the fact is digging your elbow into someone is nott\ an attempt to use technique it is an attempt to inflict pain. Hell in wrestling where you no doubt picked up the elbow in the back to open up someone it is not even cheap is technically illegal, granted it is hardly ever called but that is no excuse to use it.

Your post to me seems to imply, and I could be wrong as I have been before, that you enjoy more inflicting pain then actually using technical move. if someone is balled up in turtle there are much more technical and effective things you can do then dig an elbow into someone.

He's trying to tell you he's a trash spaz with no technique.

Pressure points are a technique.
Yes I do enjoy inflicting pain and yes I enjoy getting it. I am a catch wretler and tough as nails. I do what needs to be done to win under the rules.

I'm sure you think neck cranks are cheap too but yes those are techniques also.
Heel hooks and toe holds aren't cheap either but many BJJs think they are. Why? I don't know.

I likee BJJ alot but there are way too many whiners and pussies that train in it. Just look at the fools in your classes.

If you don't like pain then grappling isn't your thing. Go take a yoga class it's more your speed.

Back