Turkey Tries To Shutdown Social Media Due To Document Leak

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hilarious. Turkey is apparently threatening to shutdown all social media in the country, according to the No.1 story in the NY Times, because Turkey's leftist press is leaking documents about a Turkish military police raid on Turkish Intelligence trucks that -- per the rumor -- were shipping weapons and explosives to extremist Syrian jihadis in January, including Al Qaeda. Turkey's government officially claims the trucks were .... lol ... full of food for Syrian refugees. Yep, Turkish intelligence, shipping food to Syrian Turk refugees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/17/w...ock-social-media-over-released-documents.html

"But the BirGun newspaper, as well as other Twitter users, continued to challenge the ban by posting new messages. Twitter refused to block the newspaper’s account but did block specific messages that BirGun had posted showing images of leaked documents in which the military police were said to have confirmed that the trucks contained weapons and explosives. The documents also said the weapons were destined for Al Qaeda."

There is now an active court 'investigation' of the incident, but it seems like (a) the investigating court is probably in the Turkish gov't's control; and (b) aware of that, sources within the Turkish military police have fucked with the central government by leaking the documents, ruining its ability to try to damage control the situation.

Smoking gun indeed ....

We have to get the turks into the EU quickly, so that we can change them.

More on topic though, that whole region is about to blow big-time. They've reached a point where the major powers are all going at each other so hard that you won't even need US meddling as a catalyst. The meltdown will become self-sustaining.

Last edited:
Omg, sorry, but those countries even though it's in their MO, suck at lying. Hilarious and sick all in one.

Brutal. But, shows the usefullness of instantaneous mass-media in keeping the government accountable.

We have to get the turks into the EU quickly, so that we can change them.

More on topic though, that whole region is about to blow big-time. They've reached a point where the major powers are all going at each other so hard that you won't even need US meddling as a catalyst. The meltdown will become self-sustaining.

And with Russia supplying arms to Syria and looking to negate their economic crisis with Saudi investments . . . If I wasn't convinced of a future apocalyptic scenario I just might be.

Nice. Can we boot them from NATO now?

Nice. Can we boot them from NATO now?

If you are booting people giving weapon to jihadists from NATO it will be more deserted than Google+.

im sorry, but they can get the fuck out of nato

well, this sure ain't gravy.

If you are booting people giving weapon to jihadists from NATO it will be more deserted than Google+.

Google+ is so amazing. It is way better than Facebook. Did you know Google has a version of Office that includes a Word like program and Paint ? The interface is bigger and brighter than Facebook too. I hope it replaces FB very soon.

Boot them from Nato. They should never have been members and the USA shouldn't have bitched it hard when they let Turkey incase Cyprus.

Google+ is so amazing. It is way better than Facebook. Did you know Google has a version of Office that includes a Word like program and Paint ? The interface is bigger and brighter than Facebook too. I hope it replaces FB very soon.

whats the pay like at Google?

Boot them from Nato. They should never have been members and the USA shouldn't have bitched it hard when they let Turkey incase Cyprus.

Turkey and Greece were perfect backdoor entry points into the Soviet Union, it was perfectly understandable for NATO to secure such bases.

The US didnt bitched it hard because the invasion was justified, its the occupation which was wrong, and the US seems to not give a fuck about occupiers overstaying.

What EU needs to do is force Erdogan out, not push Turkey into an islamist country.

whats the pay like at Google?

That was a completely honest post. I never used to use my plus account either but now I count down the days when the people will wake up and make the switch. You already use google on a daily basis. Why sign into crammed interface spam book when you can access all of your google accounts and apps with one sign in as soon as you open your browser?

lol what a bunch of nonsense.

I really need to convince my friend to come home from Turkey.

Back