Tuna Steaks

w0cyru01

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I spotted tuna steaks on sale at the store so I picked some up.

Now that I have them...how do I cook them? I was thinking just put some oil in a pan, throw steak in to sear the outsides leaving the inside pink, then eat with a yam and green beans.

Any other ideas?

Grill that bitch up, tuna steaks are great. You can grill it through and eat it like a fillet, or if it's from a clean place, sear the fuck out of the outsides, but leave the inside largely raw, and slice it into strips and lay it on a salad w/good greens, nuts, and a little bit of fruit.

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=266161

This is one of my favorite recipes. It sounds weird, but the Avocado Hash compliments the Tuna incredibly well.

Avocado hash:
1 med , ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and finely diced
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
2 tbl minced fresh chives
1 tbl minced fresh basil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Definitely grill, apply a little dill and olive oil. Lay over a bed of spinach leaves, it's badass.

I spotted tuna steaks on sale at the store so I picked some up.

Now that I have them...how do I cook them?

Don't. Slice 'em up real thin with some soya and wasabi, and you're good to go.

I'm always tempted to buy them, but they're so overpriced around here. I did get a ton of cheap fresh halibut last week though, so delicious.

1 tbsp Soy
1 tbsp Ponzu
1 tbsp Mirin
1.5 tsp. Rice Vinegar
Wasabi and Sesame Oil to taste

Let the tuna soak in that for 15-30 minutes. Sear it up real nice on a grill or cast iron pan. yum.

man, i wish i had the money to eat really good food all of the time. must be nice.

meh, it's not really that expensive, my friends scoff at the awesome meat and vegetables i buy, whilst spending $120-$150 week on fast food and delivery

Back