News TUF 32 casting begins featuring Middleweights and Featherweights

We're in an age where networks pay a lot of money for even a small amount of viewers.

Maybe they had a multi season contract? Wish frankienyc was around RIP

We need more flyweights. Maybe take thai muay thai fighters and have them train wrestling for 3 months as a special season of TUF.

I'd like to see Timmy "Twilight" Cuamba on the show. He won his DWCS fight but it was a decision so he didn't get the contract. He is a dynamic striker at FW

This show has long outlived its usefulness. I have no idea why they keep it gong unless there's some kind of contractual obligation with ESPN to provide some content.

Casting is underway now through Jan. 19 for “The Ultimate Fighter 32,” the promotion announced Thursday, with the season expected to debut in June 2024. A person with knowledge of the series told MMA Junkie that filming is expected to begin in March.

The upcoming season will feature featherweights and middleweights. Coaches will be determined and announced at a later date. The season will air on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+.

The Contender Series is a far better product to showcase prospects. TUF has been a dead format for almost 15 years.

wat

Pantoja
KKF
Nicolau
Vera
Yair
Mitchell
Usman
Luque
Whittaker
Costa
Suarez
Phillips
Pacheco
Pantoja-7 years
KKF- 7 years
Nicolau- 8 Years
Vera- 9 years
Yair- 9 years
Mitchell- 6 years
Usman- 8 years
Luque- 8 years
Whittaker- 11 years
Costa- 11 years
Suarez- 7 years
Phillips- 6 years
Pacheco- 5 years but didn’t even go to the UFC after

Pantoja-7 years
KKF- 7 years
Nicolau- 8 Years
Vera- 9 years
Yair- 9 years
Mitchell- 6 years
Usman- 8 years
Luque- 8 years
Whittaker- 11 years
Costa- 11 years
Suarez- 7 years
Phillips- 6 years
Pacheco- 5 years but didn’t even go to the UFC after
There have been about 40 seasons of TUF. Everyone I mentioned has been a part of the most recent 10 seasons.

There have been about 40 seasons of TUF. Everyone I mentioned has been a part of the most recent 10 seasons.

I mean 5 seasons ago and 8 seasons ago are the most recent you listed not counting the one didn’t even go to the UFC. To put into perspective, Conor McGregor was champion more recently than all but 2 of those were on TUF.

Reactions: TCE
They should do a season like a developmental contract...guys who have small records or none and want to try and go all the way..

No fights past 3 ...

Id tryout if it was like that...no joke...would have to MW at the moment don't think i can make 145 lbs currently...LOL...

This way the winner will be someone the fans can. Say they've watched from the beginning

Problem would be that they'd more than likely get demolished in the UFC with that level of experience

TUF 32 is coming for 2024, yet there's been about 40 seasons? Wat?

If you include the Brazilian, LATAM, smashes and nations seasons it's 41 seasons I think.

There isn't enough top unsigned talent. It's really not enough money or notoriety from the show to spend weeks trapped like a hamster in that house. They already have the contender series.

I'm so confused why they keep this show going, the return seasons haven't been all that good and most of the guys are pretty low level.
Even bringing guys like Conor couldn't maintain the interest.

Same. Zero interest in it. DWCS attracts any legit prospect nowadays, TUF produces shocking fighters for the most part these days. I don't even know who was on the last season apart from the fact half the cast were UFC washouts who ended up running a train on the 'prospects'. Who wants to see that?

They keep doing TUF because they need bodies to fill out all the fight night cards. Speaking of which, we might be getting even more fight nights which would mean the need for even more bodies

They keep doing TUF because they need bodies to fill out all the fight night cards. Speaking of which, we might be getting even more fight nights which would mean the need for even more bodies

OH BOY, MORE DILUTED PRODUCT TO CONSUME

Back