News TUF 32 casting begins featuring Middleweights and Featherweights

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Casting is underway now through Jan. 19 for “The Ultimate Fighter 32,” the promotion announced Thursday, with the season expected to debut in June 2024. A person with knowledge of the series told MMA Junkie that filming is expected to begin in March.

The upcoming season will feature featherweights and middleweights. Coaches will be determined and announced at a later date. The season will air on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+.

Casting is underway now through Jan. 19 for “The Ultimate Fighter 32,” the promotion announced Thursday, with the season expected to debut in June 2024. A person with knowledge of the series told MMA Junkie that filming is expected to begin in March.

The upcoming season will feature featherweights and middleweights. Coaches will be determined and announced at a later date. The season will air on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+.

There have been 31 seasons of Ultimate Fighter? Damn, they are catching up to Survivor in number of seasons. I remember when calling someone a TUF Noob was an insult on this forum, but now it's a great compliment

I'm so confused why they keep this show going, the return seasons haven't been all that good and most of the guys are pretty low level.
Even bringing guys like Conor couldn't maintain the interest.

Yeah, I don’t know why either. The most legit prospects get signed directly, then the next go through contender series, so all that’s left is the lowest “prospects.” It’s been years since the show produced a real legit talent.

Yeah, I don’t know why either. The most legit prospects get signed directly, then the next go through contender series, so all that’s left is the lowest “prospects.” It’s been years since the show produced a real legit talent.
Last season was pretty funny in terms of the level of guys they could get for it.
It had the vets versus prospects premise, but majority of the vets were significantly younger then the "prospects".

I think only one of the prospects managed to get a win and he was a 36 year old bantamweight.

Definitely agree with the post, but would contend that Brian Battle has developed in his time in the UFC and has shown the potential to be a Top 15 guy down the road. Short Hair Pooh Bear is a problem! That being said, definitely got brought in to the big show quicker than he would have if not for TUF.

I'm so confused why they keep this show going, the return seasons haven't been all that good and most of the guys are pretty low level.
Even bringing guys like Conor couldn't maintain the interest.
Probably because it makes money.

Dana needs more snow baby

This show also only adds about 4 or 5 fighters after the entire thing.

Seems they're asking for a lot of investment for very little pay off.

DWCS is way, way better. Just let them fight and see if they're any good, the rest of it is boring.

You'll need a solid pro record to get on these days, it's been over a decade since it's been anything else

They should do a season like a developmental contract...guys who have small records or none and want to try and go all the way..

No fights past 3 ...

Id tryout if it was like that...no joke...would have to MW at the moment don't think i can make 145 lbs currently...LOL...

This way the winner will be someone the fans can. Say they've watched from the beginning

Please bring back booze. The house has been so dry (pun intended) without it. I’ll take drunk idiots being entertaining over milquetoast “fighting for my family” fighters.

..And before anyone chides me, this is reality TV for sports entertainment. For as much as the ufc values polarizing personalities these days, Can we get some better characters/personalities? Find some Perry, O’Malley, Walker type idiots and throw them in the house.

Please bring back booze. The house has been so dry (pun intended) without it. I’ll take drunk idiots being entertaining over milquetoast “fighting for my family” fighters.

..And before anyone chides me, this is reality TV for sports entertainment. For as much as the ufc values polarizing personalities these days, Can we get some better characters/personalities? Find some Perry, O’Malley, Walker type idiots and throw them in the house.

Every house comes with a drunk Leben ready to go

Does this thing still pull ratings? , just my opinion but it’s served its purpose, it’s basically 45 minutes of grown men acting like frat kids and 1 fight an episode
DWCS is so VASTLY superior

I'll watch the fights.

<Fedor23>

Back