TUF 18 TV Ratings Jumped 22% in Week 4, As Expected. (Update: Hi Roxy!!)

Didn't everyone?

Everyone... except Ronda.
from what Miesha said in her interview, Ronda's been single for a long time. I wonder why

As for the ratings, it really gives credit to last week's episode. People must have really been hyped after last week's episode.

It's not like people tuned it AFTER watching an episode, and realizing how awesome it was.

As weeks go by, it'll become more clear.

I think the ratings jump has everything to do with the women fights. WMMA is relatively new for most people and I think most are at least curious about how well the females can fight and put on a show. I think Dana made a mistake by not making this an all female show, but I guess he just wanted to be cautious. I do hope that the rest of the women's fights are better than the first two.

20120906085540_IMG_90462.JPG

bellator5.jpg

weigh-ins are more enjoyable for womens fights

Bunch of WWE diva fans tuning into to see women in lycra rolling around grunting with one another and wrapping their thighs around each other. In other words, the new fans that they were hoping to attract. Everybody knows TUF exists, you either watch it or you don't, putting the women in increased the chances of getting viewers who aren't necessarily MMA fans.

To be fair I dont remember the hype or talk in previews for mens episode.
We all remember this from the week before the two womens episodes. They had commercial after comercial saying

"One of the most shocking fights in TUF history!!!!" It was the meh Baszler-Pena fight.

"The most emotional fight in TUF history!!!!" It was emotional after but I wont give my thoughts on the actual fight because Roxy is the shit and reads the boards.

When they hyped the shit out of Uriahs KO the week before it happend it got bigger ratings then other episodes and it's been like that in the past too.

Well? What are your predictions for Week 5?

I get the feeling Grant gets the better of Fisette. Then Rousey will pick the next girl match up.

but what was all that drama from the first episode with Grant crying in the locker room and apologizing to Ronda? and Dana apparently kicking someone off the show?

i wonder if that happens in the next episode...

I guess I'm not the only one who is much more interested in the ladies than on the guys on the show. some of the best female fighters there, while I don't really give a fuck who of those guys is the next Colton Smith or Bubba McDaniel.

I actually came to post that it's because Roxanne is a badass, and there she is.

But it's clearly because of the Dennis Hallman cameo.

is that crackovia in your av?

That's great :D

If this IS Roxanne then wanna say you are super awesome!!! From first episode you were my fav on the show, love your awesome smile, attitude and spirit!! Wish you the best in future fights!

I guess I'm not the only one who is much more interested in the ladies than on the guys on the show. some of the best female fighters there, while I don't really give a fuck who of those guys is the next Colton Smith or Bubba McDaniel.

I've got a feeling most of the guys in this box don't even remember the names of the dudes who will be fighting next week, lol.

Dave Meltzer:
Ultimate Fighter is replayed again at 8 p.m. tonight on Fox Sports 1. If you actually add up all the viewership of the show during the week between the replays and DVR viewership, you're doing in excess of 1.7 million viewers.

If this IS Roxanne then wanna say you are super awesome!!! From first episode you were my fav on the show, love your awesome smile, attitude and spirit!! Wish you the best in future fights!
That is a verified account so it's her. And yes, she is definitely awesome!

Episode 5 was't bad at all, I hope the viewers number does dip too much compare to Week 4.

Episode 5 was't bad at all, I hope the viewers number does dip too much compare to Week 4.

They will
There was no hype/drama in advance for this week

Next week we get two popular girls in a wild fight so I think the trend will continue

Even the weeks the guys fight like last night the whole episode showed more of Roxy/Rakozcy than Fisette. I wish the entire cast was female. I wish somehow Tate would bring in Gina Carano for a guest appearance,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back