• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF 17 Finale: Uriah Hall vs. Kelvin Gastelum PBP (Discussion)

It seems like Uriah wanted to lose. Maybe the pressure was too much for him and he needed a way to stop it.

I'm interested to see the matchups for both guys after this. Do they still rush Uriah along like I feel they planned to do, or do they take the time to let both guys develop?

Uriah beat urah by fightin like that

Dana is having the worst night of his life.

Not really. For all the hype, they don't need a lot of new talent at MW, since Anderson will be done soon. And it's easy to market Zigano vs Rousey, since Zigano stopped probably the toughest test Ronda's had yet. Doesn't mean Zigano will do much, but prior to the fight Tate wasn't hard to label as the #2 in women's BW.

Having Brock lose was a far bigger hit to Dana. So was Anderson's "performance" against Maia.

Having the TUF favorite lose, regardless of the hype, doesn't really hurt much.

I didn't watch a single episode this season of TUF. From what I heard Hall is an explosive striker. It looked like he could have ended the fight when ever he wanted to but chose not to.

Awesome that they're playing the Harlem Shake

tumblr_mimkutvAQI1ri30tyo1_500.gif

Ok, that's too much. I am logging off the internet.

I'm beyond impressed with Kelvin, that is such a great story. Awesome win for him.

...and with that victory, Kelvin is now qualified to get a few more rounds of training with Rousey :D

I really think Uriah could have won, and is still the better fighter. He pushed Kelvin around when he wanted to (freight train in Round 2, the suplex) and found his range on the feet. He could have lit him up standing if he kept his damn hands up. Frustrating.

The fight was real close, it couldn't went either way. But Uriah has a chance to learn from all this as he prepare to train for his next fight. He'll take this loss very personal and switch up as a better fighter the next time around...

So apparently Hall is going to have to learn to stop a takedown.

His got the physical tools too he just has to commit to improving that part of his game, look at Costa he showed he could defend it pretty well against Guys like Boetsch and McGee so its all on Uriah to improve that hole in his game.

showboated his way to a loss. I just don't understand morons like him

I really like hall but

He has a weak chin
Bad wrestling
Bad striking defense

Good Job Kelvin glad you won, didnt want to see a champ who would just give up once the contract was signed

Hall your a good fighter find some heart and focus or retire

Back