TUF 17 Finale: Faber vs. Jorgensen Prelims PBP (Discussion) 2:30pm PT/ 5:30pm

Looking back I would have liked to see Quinlan VS Casey and Samman VS Andrews. Know Idea what Joe Silva was thinking with some of these match ups.

Um WTF are you thinking?

So you want to guarantee at least one guy with no heart, not even gas for two rnds & completely one dimensional gets another UFC fight?

What kind of crap matchmaking is that?

I'm still shocked that i actually like woman's MMA. I'd wager they have a solid fight.

These girls are tougher than a lot of the men in my opinion.

That's the most dangerous fucking thing I've ever seen in modern UFC.

Absolutely ridiculous. No idea how Herb didn't see that.

It's actually allowed. That is what is ridiculous. That is a LEGAL move to break out of submissions. How fucked up can the rules be?

A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet straight up in the air with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponents body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

"How well Uriah uses space".. Uriah is a beast but.. Really? He ends up with his back against his cage in every single fight, all the time.

Sorry but that's ridiculous. It's one thing to move yourself into the way of a knee when you're grounded fair enough, but that surely doesn't cover being fucking SPIKED when you're holding a submission on. If it does the unified rules are fucked.

Dude a spike is an offensive maneuver, meaning it has the purpose of slamming you on the head, an armbar escape is a slam, the opponent could've very well landed on their back. There is a difference.

"@MMAjunkieJohn: Spoke with @HerbDeanMMA, who confirmed the no-call on Samman slam. Casey has option to let go of hold, therefore no foul."

Kneeing a downed opponent shouldn't be a foul, because they have the option of getting up. :rolleyes: Fucking ridiculous.

It's actually allowed. That is what is ridiculous. That is a LEGAL move to break out of submissions. How fucked up can the rules be?

than let go off the submission before you get smashed?

you arent forced to hold on and hope you dont get your head smashed into the floor. :eek:

pretty much like trying to triangle rampage.,....

Kneeing a downed opponent shouldn't be a foul, because they have the option of getting up. :rolleyes: Fucking ridiculous.

you are really comparing someone holding you down and kneeing you to someone HANGING onto someone else?

The unified rules are just filled with ridiculous loopholes. You can escape a submission by smashing the guys neck on the canvas, but you can't knee him in the head if his hand touches the ground.

That said, I won't cry over King losing Good riddance.

A little bit of trivia..

They film these pre fight interviews with the fighters the day before the fight, but tell the fighters to say things like "I'm going to win tonight" etc.

"How well Uriah uses space".. Uriah is a beast but.. Really? He ends up with his back against his cage in every single fight, all the time.

That's true. Uriah does not control the octagon very well. He DOES measure distance very well, which is completley different.

A little bit of trivia..

They film these pre fight interviews with the fighters the day before the fight, but tell the fighters to say things like "I'm going to win tonight" etc.

I.. I thought that was pretty obvious.. :redface:. I mean, what fighter would want to get filmed etc when he's got the fight of his life a few hours ahead of him?

The less they show the mouth breathing degenerates that populate UFC crowds, the better off mixed martial arts is.

Back