trying to find a better way to match gi sizes to body types

yeah i was just taking a peek at fushida's website and they don't publicly show off any detailed size information. i think you have to contact them to start the sizing process. In one way that's smart as it gives them that one on one contact with their customers right off the bat, which you would think should covert more leads into sales but at the same time it's just another step a customer has to make in to make their purchases.

i think I'll keep that height and weight chart for people that are confident they have an average body type as 80% of the time people fall into the chart just fine. However i'll add a disclaimer about body types etc. then add the link to my fitting page which i'll continually tweek to make it better.

BJJ Gi Fitting Assistance

mike

Last edited:
doing size charts for gis right now and man it's a pain in the ass. Now i know why gi companies don't provide any information it's to easy for customers to make a mistake when looking at the details as you can easily get differences of 1-2inches on a sleeve to sleeve measurement, just from human error alone (stretching the gi vs lying flat, wrinkled after a wash vs iron flat etc.) and that is an easy measurement, the chest and sleeve width at armpit can easily be off in doing comparisons over the internet.

This is a very neat idea. I think I can see this in the future of ordering Gis. Only if the companies want to do it the right way.

Back