Trying to elongate my right hamstring

yocan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
And no I don't mean stretch.
Back re-arranged by chiro put it in a position where it is now too short.

Apparently an Edit is in order: My right hip was 3" forward due to a vehicular accident. Chiro has literally given me my life back I'm not complaining. I'm just working through getting to being an athlete again, 1 step at a time.

Current stretching things that are being done.
Lay on back using rope.
left fooot swings up, left hand touches right toes (now being done with a 25lb weight and a step so my wrist gets to my toes, attempting to keep leg straight)
Walk with straight legs
"cherry pickers" 4 counts reach towards toes, reach towards mid foot, reach towards heel, reach 4" behind heel.
The program I'm on has windmills with a weight in the top arm pushing you down. Well it seriously feels like I'm getting little tears about 1/3 back from my knee. So I'd like to not tear my hamstring stretching, going to go down in weight but seriously the range of motions shit. So anything else I can do to encourage it to elongate faster?

Oh foam rolling too.

I'm in decent shape, getting in better shape, seriously worried about screwing up and tearing it before I get it elongated so it works properly.

I'm thinkint it may be pacing. I'm going to go for a walk or a run 3 times a day, just like half a mile a pop and stretch so that it never has time to shorten up. But short of that I have no ideas.

To quantify this, were talking over 15 degrees less flexiblity when stretching with a rope on my back than my left leg.

Last edited:
Back re-arranged by chiro put it in a position where it is now too short

Are you serious?

the fuck, is your chrio one of those guys that performs on babies?

lol, this is when you go to a doctor .. or a lawyer, malpractice of peace

lol, this is when you go to a doctor .. or a lawyer, malpractice of peace

Lolz doctors wanted to put 4 rods in my back.

I couldn't walk up a staircase 3 years ago unassisted. My right hip was 3" in front of my left. Obviously getting it shifted to square is going to make things the wrong length. Trying to make this as temporary of a condition as possible.

Thought it appears, the foam rolling follwed by rope got me another 10 degrees, so looks like 3 rounds of warming up/stretching is doing the trick, any other things to encourage this to go faster?

Nordic hamstring curls will help since eccentric exercises lengthen sarcomeres

I have developed similar problem. My left hamstring is tighter than my right one. I am doing assisted stretching right now at my gym.

My concern is - my quads are stronger than hams, but hams are also very tight. Is it ok to develop hamstrings and elongate them at the same time. Or you need to make a choice between stretching and training?

Back