Trumpdogan complains about Fed rate hike.

Well when are we going to take military control from the idiots who turned the ME into a clusterfuck?

I'm sure boeing or Halliburton could do a better job.

That would make sense if fighting wars was exactly the same as economics, last time I checked they weren't.

That would make sense if fighting wars was exactly the same as economics, last time I checked they weren't.

Your right. The purpose of war is to kill people. War should have far higher standards and controls then economics.

It’s a private entity run by a board. Literally no one on earth can tell them what to do, they tell everyone else

Your ignorance on this subject seems to have no bounds. For one, congress can do away with the Fed by simply doing away with the Federal Reserve Act in 1913, which created the Fed. Second, that act also lays out what the Feds purpose is and what it can do. If the Fed does not act accordingly members of the Board of Governors can be removed.

Complaining about the fed makes you a dictator now. Wow.

I agree that is how it is, I don't agree that it makes any sense.

Well at least if congress actually still did it's job it would be true.

It does makes sense, the Federal Reserve was created by Congress with an specific purpose, Congress can do away with the Federal Reserve if it wants.

Or simply put.

Do you apply the same logic to the Social Security Administration? why are they deciding what to do with the Social Security Trust Fund, its an usurpation of power, Congress should have direct control over what to do with said fund.

Would you like it that way?

It does makes sense, the Federal Reserve was created by Congress with an specific purpose, Congress can do away with the Federal Reserve if it wants.

Or simply put.

Do you apply the same logic to the Social Security Administration? why are they deciding what to do with the Social Security Trust Fund, its an usurpation of power, Congress should have direct control over what to do with said fund.

Would you like it that way?

Well, that is what the US Constitution says. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the government following the law.

I mean if congress actually had to be responsible for those funds, perhaps they wouldn't have been raiding them for decades.

Easy to use SS as your piggy bank when you aren't responsible for it's stewardship.

Well, that is what the US Constitution says. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the government following the law.

I mean if congress actually had to be responsible for those funds, perhaps they wouldn't have been raiding them for decades.

Easy to use SS as your piggy bank when you aren't responsible for it's stewardship.

The US Constitution was built in a time where the notion of a fiat currency would be laughed out to oblivion. Not to mention hyperpartisanship and electoral politics.

The US Constitution was built in a time where the notion of a fiat currency would be laughed out to oblivion. Not to mention hyperpartisanship and electoral politics.

Good thing it was designed to be amended then.

No need to be amended when the Fed is working just fine.

Is it?

How would you know?

Last time we had a crisis Bernanke stood up at the podium like Bagdhad Bob. "There are no tanks on Wall Street".

Meanwhile economic Jesus, aka Greenspan was shown to be more fraud then Messiah.

It personally does not bother me that interest rates are being raised and normalized. I believe doing so gives greater confidence in the economy.

The theory that extremely low interest rates to zero interest rates helps the economy continues to be tried world wide with poor results. Japan has been taking this path for around 3 decades with lousy results. Europe has not done all that well with this idea either. President Obama had ultra low to zero interest rates and the economy was historically one of the slowest growing in US history.

Complaining about the fed makes you a dictator now. Wow.

Dictator? The Erdogan reference was not that it makes him a dictator but that Erdogan is irrationally against interest rate hikes in Turkey to the detriment of the Lira and the Turkish economy.

Presidents have typically not commented on Fed policy in order to allow them to remain independent. Trump has chosen to completely disregard standards and norms for Presidential actions and behavior and do as he pleases. He can do what he wants.

Dictator? The Erdogan reference was not that it makes him a dictator but that Erdogan is irrationally against interest rate hikes in Turkey to the detriment of the Lira and the Turkish economy.

Presidents have typically not commented on Fed policy in order to allow them to remain independent. Trump has chosen to completely disregard standards and norms for Presidential actions and behavior and do as he pleases. He can do what he wants.

LOL bullshit. "No dude you don't get it, the Erdogan reference was to imply that Trump wears shoes."

LOL bullshit. "No dude you don't get it, the Erdogan reference was to imply that Trump wears shoes."

Reuters article today. "Erdogan stopped short of directly naming any countries or institutions, but he has, in the past, blamed a shadowy “interest rate lobby”, Western ratings agencies and financiers."

You mean like Andrew McCabe had an opinion on Trump? you do realize that Trump is the POTUS right? if he has opinions on the Fed he should keep them to himself.
I mean he could have said the rate looks Just like his son or he police act stupidly around the rate

Back