Trump wants massive military parade

Guys that have never stood at parade rest for hours couldn't fathom the horror and the aching of front delts

Not to mention, for a simple 2 hour parade, military personnel will have to prep for days in advance, traveling, fixing everything up, prepping uniforms, all the stupid minutia that military personnel fucking hate the most.

There's nothing wrong with not thinking it's stupid. Nobody is insulting you for that stance.

I don't know anything about that Seal, he may be a terrible guy. I don't really care. I am just pointing out that whether you agree or disagree with the concept of a military parade is not at all a partisan issue.

Why do I think it's a bad idea? I think it would be a fine idea if it was tied directly to Veterans Day and was handled tastefully as a tribute of remembrance to those who have served, and to those who serve.

If it's more of an opportunity to show off how big our tanks and missiles are, which is the vibe Trump has vocalized ("look how big my button is") then I think it goes against the principles that make us better than North Korea. We don't front about the military, everybody knows we are the most powerful country on the planet. We don't show off missiles, everybody knows we have them. We don't need propaganda because we are the real deal.

What should we show off? Democracy, freedom, dignity, etc. Those are American values, not bombs. Our military defends our ideals, they are not a show piece.
Its not true that our military is not a showpiece. I don't like that wording but its not true. As I pointed out, we have done it many, many times in the past. Other countries are doing it NOW. I personally don't believe pride in country and military is very high right now.

Its not true that our military is not a showpiece. I don't like that wording but its not true. As I pointed out, we have done it many, many times in the past. Other countries are doing it NOW. I personally don't believe pride in country and military is very high right now.

The lack of American pride right now is due to partisanship. Look at how our politicians behave, it's like a bunch of idiot kids on a playground sometimes. Even worse, that partisanship has drifted into society in the form of biased News stations and online propaganda. That has basically turned our own country against itself. Our leaders do not even make a lazy attempt to unite the country, they just play directly to their base and say damn the rest.

A military parade does not fix that, or even begin to address it. Half the country will think it's dumb, half will have fun for a few hours, and then we'll be back exactly where we started.

Like I said, make it part of Veterans Day. I really think that is the dignified way to do this, if he really wants it to be done. Put the focus on celebrating Veterans, not showcasing our tanks. Have living veterans from every modern American war, have some fly overs, run some modern and vintage military equipment in the parade, etc. I really think that would go over well.

The lack of American pride right now is due to partisanship. Look at how our politicians behave, it's like a bunch of idiot kids on a playground sometimes. Even worse, that partisanship has drifted into society in the form of biased News stations and online propaganda. That has basically turned our own country against itself. Our leaders do not even make a lazy attempt to unite the country, they just play directly to their base and say damn the rest.

A military parade does not fix that, or even begin to address it. Half the country will think it's dumb, half will have fun for a few hours, and then we'll be back exactly where we started.

Like I said, make it part of Veterans Day. I really think that is the dignified way to do this, if he really wants it to be done. Put the focus on celebrating Veterans, not showcasing our tanks. Have living veterans from every modern American war, have some fly overs, run some modern and vintage military equipment in the parade, etc. I really think that would go over well.
Has there even been discussion of when it could be?

I'll be honest, I really think people don't like the idea just because of who suggested it.

Guys that have never stood at parade rest for hours couldn't fathom the horror and the aching of front delts

It's the Trump cucks that are all behind this BS parade. Most of them never served and just like to talk a big game. Trump being the biggest deferment :eek::eek::eek: of them all.

Has there even been discussion of when it could be?

I'll be honest, I really think people don't like the idea just because of who suggested it.

I think there is some truth to that, but not in all cases. I don't care who suggested it, and I don't think the SEAL who killed Bin Laden cares who suggested it. I assume that means that a lot of other people don't care who suggested it either.

But let's say there are some people who don't like the idea because Trump is the one who asked for it. There is a pretty solid reason for people to be weary of Trump's approach. Everything he has ever done in his entire life, from his Real Estate career to his television career to his Presidential career has been based on being loud, gaudy, and completely lacking in class. That makes people worried for good reason. Our military is dignified, something that even a Trump supporter should be able to admit that he is absolutely not.

I think there is some truth to that, but not in all cases. I don't care who suggested it, and I don't think the SEAL who killed Bin Laden cares who suggested it. I assume that means that a lot of other people don't care who suggested it either.

But let's say there are some people who don't like the idea because Trump is the one who asked for it. There is a pretty solid reason for people to be weary of Trump's approach. Everything he has ever done in his entire life, from his Real Estate career to his television career to his Presidential career has been based on being loud, gaudy, and completely lacking in class. That makes people worried for good reason. Our military is dignified, something that even a Trump supporter should be able to admit that he is absolutely not.
Whats undignified about it? I doubt there'll be clowns and shit there (Trump jokes aside).

Whats undignified about it? I doubt there'll be clowns and shit there (Trump jokes aside).

I think it could be done in a dignified way. I gave an example of how I think it should be done a few posts ago. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't trust Trump to do it that way. People assume Trump is going to make it a "Look how big my button is" parade, which is embarrassing to a lot of people. He could prove them wrong.

Fuck Toronto. Absolutely no character to that city at all. Ontario energy costs plus the insane real estate market, no thanks.

Just the facts my dude, I don't make the rankings. Where are you from? Sorry you're not from Toronto.

Just the facts my dude, I don't make the rankings. Where are you from? Sorry you're not from Toronto.

I'm from BC, I don't like getting any more specific then that. i grew up in a rural area.

I sever under Clinton and Bush
If you’re ok with a rapist draft dodger you should have no issue with a draft dodger
It's serve you russian...learn english. You must have loved the military and it's rape culture then if that's true...which I call BS on.

Poor Melania. Who needs a first lady when the Commander in Chief already acts like a woman?
Indeed, poor first lady...how long has it been since she had a real man, not some old fat bald f*ck...10 years, now? No wonder she followed Barrack Hussein Obama's T acct.

It's the Trump cucks that are all behind this BS parade. Most of them never served and just like to talk a big game. Trump being the biggest deferment :eek::eek::eek: of them all.
easy, now you're going to hurt some russian feelings in here.

You mean have a parade on Veteran's Day? Whuddathunkit?

It's serve you russian...learn english. You must have loved the military and it's rape culture then if that's true...which I call BS on.
I bet you were really fired up about Clinton being president then and probably more disappointed every time the democrats trot him out like when obama and Hilary ran. No? Oh well then it must be something else you don’t like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back