Trump wants massive military parade

Joe

:l
@Gold
Reaction score
The president is planning and hoping to have a large military parade "like the one in France" during Bastille day but even bigger! Trumping them if you will. The pentagon is unsure how exactly to pay for it. Such movement of military vehicles,planes, etc will cost millions. Trump is planning to make it during a military related day so not to make it that's obviously about him.
President Trump’s vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade later this year showcasing the might of America’s armed forces.
The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France,” said a military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential. “This is being worked at the highest levels of the military.”
It was still on his mind two months later when he met with Macron on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen,” Trump told reporters. “It was two hours on the button, and it was military might, and I think a tremendous thing for France and for the spirit of France.”

Seated next to Macron, Trump added: “We’re going to have to try to top it.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...91602206fb7_story.html?utm_term=.b8938b4648a1

I'm going to refuse to believe this is true. Not because it's impossible for me to believe Trump wants said parade but because I'd like to think that someone, somewhere in the administration, would shut this down.

Well the military just lost 800 million. Why not just print more money and spend it on this? "Trump spends billions on military parade" is less outrageous than "government loses 800 million"

Hopefully they do it and send shivers down every spine in the world that wants to see marxism and it's variants thrive.

I feel bad for the guys who are going to have to dress up and waste a day being tremendously uncomfortable, all for some pomp. Yes, this applies to most military ceremonies. In particular, the logistics here are probably going to make it a gigantic pain in the ass.

Well the military just lost 800 million. Why not just print more money and spend it on this? "Trump spends billions on military parade" is less outrageous than "government loses 800 million"
government wastes billions is worse than government wastes millions imo

Tbh the ones north korea have are impressive. Would be interesting to see if the u.s can beat that in terms of choreography

Then send all you treasonous cans to jail for not clapping during the parade.

government wastes billions is worse than government wastes millions imo
One of the reasons trump banned trannies from the military was because it was too costly

Sure... nothing says first-world democratic state like a massive military parade.

Tbh the ones north korea have are impressive. Would be interesting to see if the u.s can beat that in terms of choreography

Unlikely. The US army is generally very active so their training is based on actual combat. The North Koreans haven't had a war in 70 years, so their training concentrates primarily on looking good and walking in squares.

Here comes some more of that authoritarian creep. Are people properly concerned yet?

Super dope

whats the game of thrones quote? "a man who insists that he is king, is no true king?"

truly some great international precedents he could follow here

1b0604992472ad75bdd78d58196d9cffe6bb9529.jpg

86723.jpg

03sd1.jpg

Back