Trump/Ukraine v15: +++WOW+++Donald Trump Bribery Scandal Intensifies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following this. I looked at CNN's youtube channel and Fox's, and it is an absolute marvel to me how two factions can walk away from the same event with supreme confidence that their diametrically opposing views have each been ratified.

I mean this is worse than an NFL fumble. You know, when someone fumbles and then there's a pile. The truth is at the bottom of the pile which nobody can see, but all the players on one team say its theirs and surprise surprise, all the players on the other say its theirs.

Both republicans and democrats stand smirking at each other, each pointing to the same damn hearing and saying "SEE?!"
They both shake their heads incredulously saying the other side is delusional.

Beyond everything with Trump-- does anyone else notice this phenomenon? And that it's getting worse? And not just that it's getting worse but exponentially worse? More outlandish metaphors, more exaggerated language, more emphasis on one week words.

Someone is going to swoop in and eat us.

Looks like Trump is finally taking Mitch's advice.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/21/donald-trump-impeachment-republican-establishment-072227

President Donald Trump is aggressively courting Senate Republicans as impeachment bears down, and on Thursday, he'll come face to face with two of the most unpredictable jurors in any Senate trial: Mitt Romney and Susan Collins.

Romney has said it would be “wrong and appalling” for Trump to request foreign countries to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, prompting Trump to call Romney a “pompous ass.” But the Utah Republican seemed to be keeping an open mind heading into the meeting, even if impeachment comes up.

Story Continued Below

“It’s the president’s meeting. Whatever he wants to talk about, he can talk about,” Romney said. “I wasn’t expecting an invitation, but I’m happy to hear what the president wants to talk about.”

A separate group of Republican senators, including Mike Lee of Utah, will meet with White House counsel Pat Cipollone on Thursday, according to a source familiar with the matter. Cipollone is regarded by Senate Republicans as the chief impeachment strategist at the White House and the meeting is likely to include some discussion of the forthcoming Senate trial that will occur if the House impeaches Trump.
Mitt is going to side with Trump. I'll take bets on that.

Serious question, when he loses 2020 and it becomes historical fact Trump is a corrupt failure of a president, what do you guys do?

I’ll be living my life as usual while you’ll be waking up because that’ll happen only in your dreams. And yes, I will account bet.

I haven't been following this. I looked at CNN's youtube channel and Fox's, and it is an absolute marvel to me how two factions can walk away from the same event with supreme confidence that their diametrically opposing views have each been ratified.

I mean this is worse than an NFL fumble. You know, when someone fumbles and then there's a pile. The truth is at the bottom of the pile which nobody can see, but all the players on one team say its theirs and surprise surprise, all the players on the other say its theirs.

Both republicans and democrats stand smirking at each other, each pointing to the same damn hearing and saying "SEE?!"
They both shake their heads incredulously saying the other side is delusional.

Beyond everything with Trump-- does anyone else notice this phenomenon? And that it's getting worse? And not just that it's getting worse but exponentially worse? More outlandish metaphors, more exaggerated language, more emphasis on one week words.

I've noticed.

But for all the squawking about polarized opinions, and folks talking about how "America has never been more divided", they need to open a history book.

Sure, we've been more divided.

I think this process will play out and we'll all decide for ourselves. The evidence must be strong, and from where I stand it's gaining strength.

Can someone please provide a link to that tweet of Sondland photo that was like, “Record stop, freeze frame...”

Because it will be the defining moment of Trump’s impeachment.

I've noticed.

But for all the squawking about polarized opinions, and folks talking about how "America has never been more divided", they need to open a history book.

Sure, we've been more divided.

I think this process will play out and we'll all decide for ourselves. The evidence must be strong, and from where I stand it's gaining strength.

Well I will agree that the Civil War was much more gruesome than what we're witnessing right now. And I will not make light of the measures we took as a nation afterwards to ensure harmony even in the midst of dispute.
But while the "division" is worrisome, what I'm getting at is people's ability to delude themselves. We live in a world where people will say outlandish, irresponsible things and then sprint down a labyrinth of intellectual rabbit holes to dodge the impact of what they've said. And that's to say nothing of what people do internally. They warp, misdirect and rationalize to the point where they can take a granite fact and instantaneously mutilate it into the complete opposite, and then spend an hour bullshitting people with information overload until they begrudgingly accept it.

Agree with everything you said. So since "someone" is obvious as the major beneficiary of Trump's agenda (Putin), maybe you can plug your nose and not be on the side of the side who says that "maybe it's not Russia".

Nobody rational thinks the Dems are the great bastions of good, but in this case, Trump is the immediate problem.

...despite the memo of the phone call and the testimony of every person involved with Ukraine diplomacy...
3 facts will never change:

Nunes thinks this is story time

Jordan is actually white, hiding baldness and can't dunk

Nobody took Trump's sharpie

Well I will agree that the Civil War was much more gruesome than what we're witnessing right now. And I will not make light of the measures we took as a nation afterwards to ensure harmony even in the midst of dispute.
But while the "division" is worrisome, what I'm getting at is people's ability to delude themselves. We live in a world where people will say outlandish, irresponsible things and then sprint down a labyrinth of intellectual rabbit holes to dodge the impact of what they've said. And that's to say nothing of what people do internally. They warp, misdirect and rationalize to the point where they can take a granite fact and instantaneously mutilate it into the complete opposite, and then spend an hour bullshitting people with information overload until they begrudgingly accept it.
Well, the sixties were also notable for social protest and riots.

I don't know that what you describe is anything new. We haven't just recently invented or perfected rhetorical idiocy.

It's dismaying for me on several levels, and sort of sickening, but that's team above everything.

A huge part of this problem is that people don't know what critical thinking is, and how to construct well-reasoned arguments. Emotional arguments seem to be more important lately.

Okay...let me try again :

<bball2>

So because of that, the Dems are now reduced to : "uh..umm...oh..uh...yeah? well uh...you BRIBED HIM! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED! YOU BRIBED HIM...so...uhh..THERE!" {<jordan}

He did say he was directed by Rudy that the wh meeting was contingent on the announcement of investigations, though.
He said everyone knew that.
I mean, that’s bad enough as it is, but then aid was also withheld.
So what was it being withheld for? What’s the alternative that nobody knew about, even Sondland? Why, if the guy in the middle of all this concluded it was all about getting the announcement Trump wanted should the rest of us believe there was some other mysterious reason?

Not even talking about legally here, just what anyone paying attention should believe happened at this point.

All the liberals calling Trump a liar -- don't they realize their super heroes were the biggest liars of all time?

FDR lied about being paralyzed.. had a guy fill in for him for months without even telling people?? And the press actually lied for him. Imagine if Trump did that. What would the press treat him like?

All the liberals calling Trump a liar -- don't they realize their super heroes were the biggest liars of all time?

FDR lied about being paralyzed.. had a guy fill in for him for months without even telling people?? And the press actually lied for him. Imagine if Trump did that. What would the press treat him like?
It's almost as though this has nothing to do with the subject.

FDR bruh? That's where we are?

{<jordan}

Some people said something about something Trump did.

Well trump has paid out millions of dollars in fines for lying to people and ripping them off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back