Social Trump & Trump allies blame AntiFa for Capitol Building riots

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
There is a portion of the right that tries to claim it was AntiFa and not MAGA who stormed the building and rioted. These folks , including some prominent Trump loyalists and Republican elected officials, claim AntiFa dressed up as MAGA.

-----
Trump Still Falsely Blaming Antifa—But Allies Now Pushing Back, Report Says

According to Axios, in a "tense and aggressive" phone call Monday morning with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Trump parroted the baseless conspiracy theory that antifa supporters—not a mob of pro-Trump insurrections, as has been amply documented—were responsible for Wednesday’s insurgence.

McCarthy pushed back, telling the president: “It’s not antifa, it’s MAGA. I know. I was there,“ according to the report, which cites a White House official and another source familiar with the call.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...now-pushing-back-report-says/?sh=466ef1208ad7

------

Tump supporting attorney Lin Wood pushed this theory.

No truth to alleged 'evidence' that Capitol rioters were antifa activists

Social media users compared those photos to an image of a bearded man on the website PhillyAntifa.org. "Indisputable photographic evidence that antifa violently broke into Congress today to inflict harm & do damage," pro-Trump attorney L. Lin Wood Jr. tweeted on Wednesday. "NOT @realDonaldTrump supporters." However, a visit to PhillyAntifa.org shows the bearded man was featured on the website to expose him as a "longtime neo-Nazi."

-----

Trump Loyalists Push Evidence-Free Claims That Antifa Activists Fueled Mob

L. Lin Wood, a lawyer behind multiple failed lawsuits seeking to overturn the election results who has also pushed QAnon-related conspiracy theories, tweeted photos of the break-in alongside photos of a pair of notorious American neo-Nazis, claiming that the photos offered "indisputable photographic evidence that antifa violently broke into Congress today."

-----

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell and pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood spread misinformation about Antifa leading the Capitol rioters

Users started sharing the meme Wood posted, adding their own theories about the rioters being secretly led by China, Antifa, and Black Lives Matters.

Many used the hashtags like #staged, #stagedfalseflag, and #stopthesteal. Others said that busloads of Antifa protesters had been dropped off midday in Washington, and that they had led the mob into the Capitol.

Mike Lindell, chief executive at My Pillow and one of Trump's most loyal defenders, posted a 7-minute video, in which he said the Capitol rioters may have been "plants."

https://www.businessinsider.in/poli...-the-capitol-rioters/articleshow/80155663.cms

------

Washington (CNN)In the wake of pro-Trump supporters storming the Capitol Wednesday, several Republican allies of the President are attempting to shift blame to supposed left-wing activists, namely Antifa.

Reps. Mo Brooks, Paul Gosar and Matt Gaetz have all promoted the idea that left-wing extremist group Antifa snuck in with Trump supporters during Wednesday's rally to provoke the mob.
"Evidence growing that fascist ANTIFA orchestrated Capitol attack with clever mob control tactics," Brooks, an Alabama Republican, tweeted Thursday morning.
"This has all the hallmarks of Antifa provocation," Gosar, an Arizona Republican, wrote Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-antifa-infiltration-fact-check/index.html

It might have been both. Time will tell though with the investigations

Last edited:
A coworker of mine drove 13 hours to attend the rally and said everyone he bumped into was super polite and cordial. He also said that trump was still addressing the crowd while the “coup” was underway. He didn’t believe that the people on attack were trump supporters.

This gentleman is almost 60 years old and has a disability that limits him to the use of one arm. I have no reason to believe he was lying. He’s one of the most generous and kind people I’ve ever met.

I don’t care who wins. If the shit hits the fan I’ve got plenty of bullets and beans.

No it wasn't. You guys are trying to shift the blame, because you realize how serious and damaging the storming of the Capitol building was.

I've been listening to the House debate this for hours.

Republicans do NOT give a fuck.

All they keep saying is "shame on the Democrats for not wanting unity and healing".

Last edited:
About the only thing you can be certain of is both sides will blame each other while never taking responsibility for anything. Pretty much us politics in a nutshell at the moment.
Good post and username

A coworker of mine drove 13 hours to attend the rally and said everyone he bumped into was super polite and cordial. He also said that trump was still addressing the crowd while the “coup” was underway. He didn’t believe that the people on attack were trump supporters.

This gentleman is almost 60 years old and has a disability that limits him to the use of one arm. I have no reason to believe he was lying. He’s one of the most generous and kind people I’ve ever met.

I don’t care who wins. If the shit hits the fan I’ve got plenty of bullets and beans.
Well, if he can’t move his arm. Case closed everyone.

Last edited:
I've been listening to the House debate this for hours.

Republicans do NOT give a fuck.

All they keep saying is "shame on the Democrats for not wanting unity and healing".
Now they want unity. 4 years of talking trash and dividing and non-stop gloating, and now that they’re losing, it’s “please let’s lock arms around the campfire”.

If you give in now, you’re letting them off.

Your coworker must have been tying his shoe while that polite gentleman stumbled and accidentally gently placed a fire extinguisher multiple times alongside the policemans head.

Now they want unity. 4 years of talking trash and dividing and non-stop gloating, and now that they’re losing, it’s “please let’s lock arms around the campfire”.

If you give in now, you’re letting them off.

I lied.

They also said "All the Democrats want is to get rid of Trump. They wanted it on the first day of his term all the way to the last. Surely they have better things to do, like... Wait for it.... Deal with covid."

Now it's the Democrats that aren't taking Covid seriously enough.

What a magnanimous view for such a fucking dipshit to take.
iu

Back