Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
And if the current head of the project needs to share a new development with the former head of the project in order to get a qualified answer to his question, he can't if the former head of the project is not cleared.

We're talking about former heads of projects discussing things with current heads of projects. I think you misread my post.

Actually NO. A former head of anything should not be made aware of NEW DEVELOPMENTS since they are no longer a part of whatever is going on. Its not their job anymore and if a thing is so lacking in anyone competent enough that they must talk about new things with someone gone, then shit needs to change bit time. This is why the government is so FUBAR, they retain power and influence for life.

OH NO!!!! Not John Brennan’s security clearance!!!!!!

I feel like a moron for my original post. Guess that's what I get for posting while watching a movie...

I certainly hope we don't get to a point where the President is revoking security clearances over haircuts
Jesus Christ almighty lmao
We'd be in some kind of trouble then, boys lol

I could only see it happening on the off chance that somebody walked into the Oval Office, who had better looking hair than Trump. Sleep soundly, knowing that that ever happening is next to impossible.

Actually NO. A former head of anything should not be made aware of NEW DEVELOPMENTS since they are no longer a part of whatever is going on. Its not their job anymore and if a thing is so lacking in anyone competent enough that they must talk about new things with someone gone, then shit needs to change bit time. This is why the government is so FUBAR, they retain power and influence for life.

You're pretty much wrong on this at every industry in the world. A doctor can and will contact a patient's former doctor for clarification on past events, even though the former doctor is no longer treating the patient. A lawyer will contact a client's former attorney to get details on prior events - it requires permission from the client for the former lawyer to share that information. A contractor who is taking over a major renovation will reach out to the former contractor if there is an ongoing issue that requires particular attention.

Pretty much every competent professional turns to the prior owner of a project when dealing with particularly thorny issues because the knowledge acquired by the individual cannot be obtained anywhere else.

In jobs that require security clearance, the pool of existing human resources is much reduced.

That you think that multi-year projects can survive a change in leadership without access to the prior project manager as a resource is surprising.

Fawlty and I are in a, "No Insult" bet currently. First person to insult another poster loses. We're at day 4 and I'm fucking losing it, pal!!!

giphy.gif

Oh man and if it’s public hopefully you both get double trolled LOLOLOL what is the prize ?

Crap, can't edit, but here was the transcript from FOX:

Sean Hannity: Do you see crimes?

Rudy Giuliani: Absolutely … I’m gonna tell you who orchestrated, who was the quarterback for all of this. It isn’t just Strzok. He’s a bit of a puppet. It’s not just Mueller, he’s a puppet…

Sean Hannity: I have a funny feeling you’re about to drop a bomb on me.

Rudy Giuliani: The guy’s running it was Brennan. And he should be in front of a grand jury.
"Sean Hannity: I have a funny feeling you’re about to drop a bomb on me."
I wonder if he went over that line when they rehearsed the night before or if he ad libbed it. :D

It’s not punitive. Brennan appears unhinged and is not a reliable character right now.
Brennan's big mouth consistently outpaces his brain.
This revocation is not really a big shock.

This is another area where the President has too much power. While previously there was enough trust and patriotism that this would rarely be abused, it is now abused broadly and openly. Yet another norm that made America great bites the dust. But long story short, the CiC can do whatever he wants here, and only Congress can stop him.
Man I get your point, I just know the backswing on that pendulum is going to be a mf'er.

This sets a very ugly precedent.

You already see how Ocasio is acting, imagi- nah like I said, that backswing tho.

Rough week for the leftoids hanging by the thread that their Russian collusion has disintegrated to.
First Sztrok getting shitcanned, now this.
It's gonna get rougher.

You're pretty much wrong on this at every industry in the world. A doctor can and will contact a patient's former doctor for clarification on past events...

None of them have special privileges...and your current doctor cannot get a copy of your medical records from your former doctor without YOU filling out a release form and you even said it with your next example.

And thus, no one should RETAIN the ability to see classified information outright for having a former job with it...there should be a release form from the current holder of the position to be able to give that current classified info to a person NOT in a position to get it. You shot your own argument down with your examples. Bye!

Oh and also, yes actually as companies do not require a CEO to remain for an ongoing project as that is what a companies managers are for...for managing projects and the head of the CIA is just like a CEO...they are not personally involved in the on-goings of small projects. Your attempts to retain a power hierarchy is most disturbing.

I could only see it happening on the off chance that somebody walked into the Oval Office, who had better looking hair than Trump. Sleep soundly, knowing that that ever happening is next to impossible.
Fingers crossed

This is purely punitive by Trump. Brennan has dared to be overly critical of him in public.
Criticizing your boss in public is a good way for anyone to lose their job. I'm willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this.

Rough week for the leftoids hanging by the thread that their Russian collusion has disintegrated to.
First Sztrok getting shitcanned, now this.
It's gonna get rougher.
Lol do you think either of these does anything to the investigation or lefties give a shit? Sztrok has no bearing and this just makes Trump look petty

Back