Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
AKA. I have no clue what I am talking about and cannot form an counter-argument.

No really, all people that were at any point and time given security clearance should have it until the moment they die. No wait, even longer encase the come back 3 days later alive again.
What's the current standard? Why is this case different than all the other ones?

In fairness, it's understandable that these guys would be privy to classified material so that they can serve as advisers, even after they've resigned, or whatever. Their experience is valuable.

However, if you want to abuse that power for politically motivated agendas....yoink.
How did Brennan abuse his power?

When you people start defending something that actually matters to us, like free speech, then we'll star
Fawlty and I are in a, "No Insult" bet currently. First person to insult another poster loses. We're at day 4 and I'm fucking losing it, pal!!!

giphy.gif
Lmao at being such a hateful, angry shit tier cunt that you have to place bets just to try and condition yourself to handle adult conversations. The president of the war room folks <Lmaoo>

The Presidency is about one leaf away from being a banana dictatorship. This is some petty vindictive schoolgirl bullplop.

But don't be fooled... The revocation of the security clearance is just another hand grenade thrown into the pool while the house burns to the ground.

It's a vindictive distraction to take away from the fact that Onarolla has Pres. Trump and his staff on tape and they're being caught in some shady stuff.

One more thing...
You really shouldn't go around pi$$ing off your ex-spies.
Imjussayin'

When you people start defending something that actually matters to us, like free speech, then we'll star

Lmao at being such a hateful, angry shit tier cunt that you have to place bets just to try and condition yourself to handle adult conversations. The president of the war room folks <Lmaoo>
I'm going to need you to reformat this post for easier consumption.

Thanks.

Why, specifically, doesn't he deserve his clearance?

Well, other than what I already said, it's not a right. It's a privilege. Why exactly does he deserve it, Homer? 'Cause he like, uhh, needs it, or something?

If the President doesn't find him valuable, and doesn't want him to have it, that's his decision to make. There is actually no explanation required. Trump's reasoning could be that he didn't like his haircut. It doesn't matter. Brennan doesn't have a right to keep his clearance. That's all there is to it. Don't like it? Too fuckin' bad.

Why are people who are not currently in a job needing it keeping their clearance?

Should be signing their NDA on the way out and getting read off their programs.

They keep their clearances so they can be consulted about ongoing operations. Many operations span multiple leadership changes. Also they may have specific contacts or knowledge that would helpful but is now out of play because simply telling them that, for instance, the CIA is interested in talking to contact "A" may be illegal because it would divulge information about ongoing CIA operations.

@HomerThompson are you just gonna let this guy talk smack about you?

They need security clearances for future jobs, and most importantly to have candid conversations with people currently in government who need help with information.

Being able to talk to the past CIA director candidly about classified material is probably pretty fucking helpful.

Well, other than what I already said, it's not a right. It's a privilege. Why exactly does he deserve it, Homer? 'Cause he like, uhh, needs it, or something?

If the President doesn't find him valuable, and doesn't want him to have it, that's his decision to make. There is actually no explanation required. Trump's reasoning could be that he didn't like his haircut. It doesn't matter. Brennan doesn't have a right to keep his clearance. That's all there is to it. Don't like it? Too fuckin' bad.

Draining the swamp. Brennan monetized his top security clearance working for MSNBC (Morons Spewing Nonsense By Commenting). Trump shut Brennan's top security clearance down for monetizing it. No problem!

"Irrelevant nonsense"

That doesn't change things. It's a privilege. It's not anyone's concern that he needs it for personal reasons, or that the President has deemed his value as an experienced agent expendable. That's his fuckin' problem.

Great move by the commander in chief. Deep state traitors need to pack their bags, its over.

Care to counter?

You do realize that if 100 people post the same thing and a person directly refutes 1 of them...that all are refuted.

Again. Debates move FORWARD, not backwards. Your point has been directly refuted and if you cannot then refute that comment, you cede the argument to them and their point.

Security clearance is required for ACQUIRING information. There is nothing stopping someone in government WITH clearance to ask him questions and it would then fall on him to find out if they are cleared to know what he knows...so in your example, he would instantly know the person is cleared since they hold his position or are in charge of projects.

And if the current head of the project needs to share a new development with the former head of the project in order to get a qualified answer to his question, he can't if the former head of the project is not cleared.

We're talking about former heads of projects discussing things with current heads of projects. I think you misread my post.

I certainly hope we don't get to a point where the President is revoking security clearances over haircuts
Jesus Christ almighty lmao
We'd be in some kind of trouble then, boys lol

This is it. It’s finally happening. What a time to be alive!

It should have happen Jan 20, 2017. Having a Obama official who has been hostile of the president since the campaign doesn't benefit anyone but Trump haters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back