Trump strikes deal on wall/ amnesty

Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's weird but I have been thinking of this the past two weeks and the scenario plays out badly if they don't take it. The deal is simple because he's putting a price on amnesty for the Dems. If they reject it, they pretty much just said amnesty for those people isn't worth that price. As much as they can try to get into the logistics of it, the scenario to an illegal will be the president has an offer on the table and the party they thought had their back is splitting hairs over price/ terms. The optics aren't good.

The optics aren't good but there's still reason to fight by not accepting.

But my thought is that they should accept because it is very likely the only option that will materialize.

Mexicans and South Americans are the bomb. I don't know why so many people get pumped up about building a wall.

Like, I totally understand the apprehension about other regions, but blocking tacos, hard workers, beer drinkers, and fine ass Latinas?

Grow up. Just grow up.

Welcome if they come here legally others wise no.

win win for the dems, voters forced to pay for wall, which pisses them off at trump, dreamers get to stay, which pisses them off at trump
dems are dumb enough to reject it though.

It's weird but I have been thinking of this the past two weeks and the scenario plays out badly if they don't take it. The deal is simple because he's putting a price on amnesty for the Dems. If they reject it, they pretty much just said amnesty for those people isn't worth that price. As much as they can try to get into the logistics of it, the scenario to an illegal will be the president has an offer on the table and the party they thought had their back is splitting hairs over price/ terms. The optics aren't good.
Despite the overall desire for amnesty, I'm not sure the DACA families are willing to deal anymore. They're angry and I believe many will still push for a no strings attached amnesty.

Is the wall a deal breaker though when you have an offer on the table to grant a decent amount of these people citizenship?

If it were up to me, no. It's not even a wall. It's just a fence.

History will make him look like a dumbass for it, anyways.

But the dreamers are the important thing.

Well, spank my ass with a Forbes, Stormy Daniels! Such great deals, the best deals

Also, I mentioned this earlier but Trump wants immigration reform before the primaries (the reason DACA expires in march) while the Dems want it after (thus the reason they want DACA renewed to just sit in limbo on the issues). This is another play by Trump to get it before and it puts a lot of pressure on the dems why they won't pass a deal other than the midterm issue it brings.

All of D.C. just got shook up.

Is the wall a deal breaker though when you have an offer on the table to grant a decent amount of these people citizenship?

Why are we even entertaining the thought that we should have to pay for a wall? I thought Mexico was paying for it.

If it were up to me, no. It's not even a wall. It's just a fence.

History will make him look like a dumbass for it, anyways.

But the dreamers are the important thing.

He just needs his base to think they got the victory even though a physical barrier does little to the issue. Still wondering if there's other pieces involved like a merit system and cuts to chain migration and lotteries.

I think the harder sell for Trump is the pathway to citizenship for 1.8 illegals to his own party.

This is a good way to end this debacle. I'm sure Trump and maybe even most people on the right want a pathway to citizenship for people who've been here since they were literal children.

The only problem is how do you prove what age did people cross into the US illegally. A person who came in at 20 years old can just fabricate a story that he's been here since 2.

Why are we even entertaining the thought that we should have to pay for a wall? I thought Mexico was paying for it.

Mexico was never going to pay for that wall and anyone who believed that was an idiot.

This will surely piss off the far fringes of both parties. Buckle up and get the popcorn.

I think the harder sell for Trump is the pathway to citizenship for 1.8 illegals to his own party.

The house will be interesting. Don't they have something set up where at least half of the party has to be on board for it to get a vote? Or is that the senate?

The freedom caucus folks are gonna throw a shit fit over this.

I think dealing with the current problem, that is the build-up of illegal immigrants who have been around for decades, is a good idea. And by that I mean giving them some path to citizenship. However the only way that's acceptable is by making it a one-time thing and making sure this situation never occurs ever again in the future. No more illegal immigrants just hanging out for decades, waiting for the next time someone hands out citizenship like candy. Tackle the situation immediately and don't allow them to linger. Not necessarily through a wall, but through whichever way works. Targeting employers, for example. However I don't have faith the government is capable of doing that. So giving a path to citizenship is a dangerous move, it's a bad precedent. And you know the democrats will try to import more illegal immigrants (future voters) at the first opportunity. So at the end of the day we might end up with both illegal immigrants being given citizenship, and even more illegal immigrants entering the country and waiting for the next handout. The lefty open borders types would love that, they want to be just like Europe.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
― Online Editor at Breitbarts

Mexico was never going to pay for that wall and anyone who believed that was an idiot.

And we should now trust the #1 idiot to build a wall anyways? After tax cuts. With $25 billion. Makes a ton of sense.

Back