Trump rolls back US water pollution controls

No you haven’t
Your take is that going back to case by case means that they will all be approved and the end is nigh
It is not
Not going back to case by case. Going to no permit necessary so there's no need for a case. Not only undoing the 2015 rule, undoing the interpretation of 'navigable waters' that has been on the books for decades. Ruprecht explained this already.

we have to take care of all the illegal aliens that the democrats are letting in somehow

Yeah man it is the democrats.

Not the Republican business owners like Trump who bring them in because they're still mad slavery was abolished in 1865.

Not the Republican business owners like Trump who bring them in because they're still mad slavery was abolished in 1865.

How dare you besmirch the name of Donald Trump, son of not KKK member Fred Christ Trump?

Considering that the Flint River had long been a recipient of industrial pollutants and that even with the Clean Waters Act it was still insufficient not to erode aging pipe infrastructure, I'm curious how you say contaminants had nothing to do with it.

Switching from Detroit water was where the localities failed, but there's no reason we should have polluted waters anywhere in this country that are going to poison a town simply by using them as a water source. That's the fault of industrial dumping.
Not implying I’m an expert thus my opinion means more than yours, by I am a certified d5 and t4 water treatment operator that runs a water treatment plant that serves about 650k residents in Southern California. The flint crisis happened because they switched water supply sources to a source that was significantly dirtier. They then (appropriately) increased chlorine dosage to properly treat the new water supply. This is nothing unique, every water district in America has to make treatment adjustments that correspond with the water supply which is why I say the flint crisis had nothing to do with contaminants, they did in fact properly treat the water. Now what happens when you add chlorine to water? It creates hypochlorous and hydrochloric acids which drops the pH levels of the water. Again, this is very common. What you do to the water after adding chlorine is add sufficient amounts of pH adjusters (we use sodium hydroxide at my plant) to get the desired water pH back to where it needs to be in order to prevent acidic water entering the system and thus causing leaching of lead from plumbing to get into the water. This process is mandated federally. This is where flint said fuck it, they legit didn’t do their job adjusting the ph and then intentionally ignored customer complaints, intentionally tested the water at sample points that didn’t adhere to federal law which requires you test at high risk points in the system, intentionally hid positive sample grabs that tested for high levels of lead in the water and they legit fucked their citizens for years knowing full well what they were doing the whole way. Blaming the water source and the contaminants in it is silly.

Hard to believe people cant see...

ying-yang.jpg

Not implying I’m an expert thus my opinion means more than yours, by I am a certified d5 and t4 water treatment operator that runs a water treatment plant that serves about 650k residents in Southern California. The flint crisis happened because they switched water supply sources to a source that was significantly dirtier. They then (appropriately) increased chlorine dosage to properly treat the new water supply. This is nothing unique, every water district in America has to make treatment adjustments that correspond with the water supply which is why I say the flint crisis had nothing to do with contaminants, they did in fact properly treat the water. Now what happens when you add chlorine to water? It creates hypochlorous and hydrochloric acids which drops the pH levels of the water. Again, this is very common. What you do to the water after adding chlorine is add sufficient amounts of pH adjusters (we use sodium hydroxide at my plant) to get the desired water pH back to where it needs to be in order to prevent acidic water entering the system and thus causing leaching of lead from plumbing to get into the water. This process is mandated federally. This is where flint said fuck it, they legit didn’t do their job adjusting the ph and then intentionally ignored customer complaints, intentionally tested the water at sample points that didn’t adhere to federal law which requires you test at high risk points in the system, intentionally hid positive sample grabs that tested for high levels of lead in the water and they legit fucked their citizens for years knowing full well what they were doing the whole way. Blaming the water source and the contaminants in it is silly.

Thanks for the insight. You shouldn't sell yourself short, and I have no problem deferring to your expertise on the matter.

I'm still not a fan of loosening regulatory burdens that would allow sources of clean water to become polluted to that extent, but in lieu of that being a reality, I can see where Flint's neglect exacerbated the crisis to the levels seen today.

Not going back to case by case. Going to no permit necessary so there's no need for a case. Not only undoing the 2015 rule, undoing the interpretation of 'navigable waters' that has been on the books for decades. Ruprecht explained this already.
And I’m checking his math to make sure whom he heard that from has their facts right

Two parties
Left and Right
Blue VS Red

Nothing to see here folks.

Your right. Trump and Bernie are literally the same. Only a keen mind like yours can see this!!!

Back