Trump rolls back US water pollution controls

computer fogie

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51225604

"Under the new regulations, landowners and property developers will be able to pour pesticides, fertilizers and other pollutants directly into millions of miles of the nation's waterways for the first time in decades....

Since taking office, Mr Trump has slashed regulations on oil and gas development, weakened fuel emission standards for automobiles and proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act - a law credited with keeping hundreds of species from going extinct...."

He seems determined to poison the country so that corporations can profit. I think it's disgusting, and will add to his tragic legacy. The Trump years are going to be seen as a disaster by future generations.

Hopefully he’s on the verge of a heart attack . Fat crook.

I'm a big fan of pesticides in my water, I don't know about you.

Make Flint Water Everywhere

I'm sure voting for your next ruler will fix this :)

Well, that seems bad. I will have to get specifics on this.

I remember playing Madden back in the day when you could create a player, but increasing any specific attribute would affect other attributes. So you could make your guy really fast, but his agility would drop. You could make him really strong, but his speed would drop.

Trump is like a create-a-character with economic opportunism turned all the way up, and everything else that gets in the way turned all the way down.

Hopefully he’s on the verge of a heart attack . Fat crook.

Or just vote him out in less than a year, instead of hoping for his death.

Okay do you think the water in Venezuala is clean? smh

Cant wait for property owners to poison their own water supplies and developers to lose money because they're building housing on poisoned wells.

OMG Trump is trying to kill us!!!!...what will he do that I can cry about next?!...

Well, that seems bad. I will have to get specifics on this.

hiya Cyrano200,

here is how it was reported in the Washington Times (a right leaning newspaper);

The changes had been sought by industry, developers and farmers, but opposed by environmental advocates and public health officials. They say the changes would make it harder to maintain a clean water supply for the American public and would threaten habitat and wildlife.

The administration says the changes would allow farmers to plow their fields without fear of unintentionally straying over the banks of a federally protected dry creek, bog or ditch. But the government’s own figures show it is real estate developers and those in other nonfarm business sectors that take out the most permits for impinging on wetlands and waterways, and stand to reap the biggest regulatory and financial relief.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/22/trumps-rollback-of-us-water-protections-nears-comp/

so, it seems like a pro-business move, if you happen to be a real estate developer. on the other hand, according to public health officials, its going to make our clean water less clean - and it will make some endangered species more endangered.

*muses*

its stuff like this, apparently, that makes America great.

- IGIT

my Drinking waterz!!!

appears to me more about development dealing with creek banks and hyper active animal protection groups that any change to the environment is a court battle because a grey rat might have to move his home ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51225604

"Under the new regulations, landowners and property developers will be able to pour pesticides, fertilizers and other pollutants directly into millions of miles of the nation's waterways for the first time in decades....

Since taking office, Mr Trump has slashed regulations on oil and gas development, weakened fuel emission standards for automobiles and proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act - a law credited with keeping hundreds of species from going extinct...."

He seems determined to poison the country so that corporations can profit. I think it's disgusting, and will add to his tragic legacy. The Trump years are going to be seen as a disaster by future generations.

While it looks like the troop will auto bot like this post....and while I know a truth crusader like fogie would never ever ever lie to me I’ll hold off until I read more information

I know as an owner of multiple properties I needed a law to tell me “hey you can’t poison the water supply guy!”

Obama regulations did wonders for Flint MI... damn it Trump !!

Back