Trump/Pompeo State Department bars reporters from country's own publicly funded news agency

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...for politely asking Pompeo whether he could point to a time when he defended an ambassador that Trump is alleged to have spied on and targeted for dismissal:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I have defended every State Department official. We’ve built a great team. The team that works here is doing amazing work around the world.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Sir, respectfully, where have you defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve defended every single person on this team. I’ve done what’s right for every single person on this team.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve said all I’m going to say today.”

After the tense interview, Kelly said Pompeo shouted at her for asking him about Ukraine, asked her, “Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?” — using the F-word in that and other sentences — and asked her to identify Ukraine on a map.

Turns out Pompeo has the arguing habits and skills of Trump's moron supporters. Refuse to answer simple questions and then spin out into unbridled rage.

Also, yes, this is extremely troubling.

Ben Wizner of the ACLU said of the incident, “The State Department cannot retaliate against a news outlet because one of its reporters asked tough questions. It is the job of reporters to ask the tough questions, not be polite company.”
It would be one thing if this was a salacious or partisan outlet like Occupy Democrats. Hell, it would even be more understandable if it was a more click bait-y outlet like CNN. But this is NPR, one of the most objective and professional outlets in the business and whose reporter did nothing even bordering on confrontational.

He even went so far to attack this lady on twitter afterward and lie about the encounter.

Incoming TDS crew to boast about defunding NPR.

He even went so far to attack this lady on twitter afterward and lie about the encounter.

Incoming TDS crew to boast about defunding NPR.

Given that they are increasingly friendly to the idea of nationalizing social media companies for promoting the truth and censoring conservatives when they spread libel and harass people, calls to privatize government-funded media outlets when they have the audacity to ask questions about the government would kind of etch in stone that they're basically just shortsighted wannabe monarchists.

Mess with the Bull, get the horns.

Are we pretending NPR isn’t obviously left leaning ITT?

Because, I was listening to this segment on the way home. I listen all the time. They’re not objective.

Whoa she's way prettier than I expected. I listen to NPR from time to time and based off her voice I expected her to look a bit more homely but she's pretty hot for someone approaching 50.

She's the second most kick-ass MLK.

Whoa she's way prettier than I expected. I listen to NPR from time to time and based off her voice I expected her to look a bit more homely but she's pretty hot for someone approaching 50.

Yes with her coffee voice from the SNL skits.

"We've built a great team."

He didn't build anything. Everyone of his FSOs he refuses to defend started their career before he was Sec State.

It was her fault for asking him to substantiate what he was claiming, giving the relevance to the major political story of the time.

She should have just swallowed his load and called it a day. Fucking journalists, they're basically communists.

Poor Pompeo, he's used to speaking to partisans who never ask a critical question. He can't be expected to defend his statements to the public.

Mess with the Bull, get the horns.

That's a cow.
mike-pompeo-kim-jong-un.jpg

If you ask me which one, my answer will be yes.

Really shameful display by Pompeo, I honestly thought it was more competent than this.

She's probably been to Ukraine more times than he has.

Are we pretending NPR isn’t obviously left leaning ITT?

Because, I was listening to this segment on the way home. I listen all the time. They’re not objective.
That doesn't justify Pompeo's outburst and his banning of NPR. Should they only allow right leaning reporters to go? Because you know for a fact they wouldn't ban a FOX news reporter and NPR is exponentially more objective and legitimate as far as journalism goes than FOX.

NPR is the closest to a major news organization that is objective in America, banning them is a pretty bad look especially after Pompeo's juvenile outburst.

It was a stupid question designed to create problems. Trump gets to set foreign policy, not some disloyal bitch who was undermining him and was appointed by a corrupt previous administration. So now, as usual, left wing dipshits are trying to create division and dissension as part of their strategy to attack a President they don't like.

It was a stupid question designed to create problems. Trump gets to set foreign policy, not some disloyal bitch who was undermining him and was appointed by a corrupt previous administration. So now, as usual, left wing dipshits are trying to create division and dissension as part of their strategy to attack a President they don't like.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve defended every single person on this team. I’ve done what’s right for every single person on this team.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

How is that a stupid question? He also straight up lied about her on Twitter.

That doesn't justify Pompeo's outburst and his banning of NPR. Should they only allow right leaning reporters to go? Because you know for a fact they wouldn't ban a FOX news reporter and NPR is exponentially more objective and legitimate as far as journalism goes than FOX.

NPR is the closest to a major news organization that is objective in America, banning them is a pretty bad look especially after Pompeo's juvenile outburst.
Juvenile outbursts are good now.

Really shameful display by Pompeo, I honestly thought it was more competent than this.

She's probably been to Ukraine more times than he has.

Pompeo wasn’t hired to be competent. Kuschner got Pompeo and bolton hired to be isreali first war mongers.

and that’s what we got. Pompeo is trash. Human trash.

if trump keeps taking advice from kuschner I’m gonna lose my fucking mind. Bring back bannon, for the love of Christ the Merciful.

Back