Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Trump/Pompeo State Department bars reporters from country's own publicly funded news agency

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Trotsky, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Trotsky Banned Banned

...for politely asking Pompeo whether he could point to a time when he defended an ambassador that Trump is alleged to have spied on and targeted for dismissal:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I have defended every State Department official. We’ve built a great team. The team that works here is doing amazing work around the world.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Sir, respectfully, where have you defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve defended every single person on this team. I’ve done what’s right for every single person on this team.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve said all I’m going to say today.”

After the tense interview, Kelly said Pompeo shouted at her for asking him about Ukraine, asked her, “Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?” — using the F-word in that and other sentences — and asked her to identify Ukraine on a map.

Turns out Pompeo has the arguing habits and skills of Trump's moron supporters. Refuse to answer simple questions and then spin out into unbridled rage.

Also, yes, this is extremely troubling.

Ben Wizner of the ACLU said of the incident, “The State Department cannot retaliate against a news outlet because one of its reporters asked tough questions. It is the job of reporters to ask the tough questions, not be polite company.”
    It would be one thing if this was a salacious or partisan outlet like Occupy Democrats. Hell, it would even be more understandable if it was a more click bait-y outlet like CNN. But this is NPR, one of the most objective and professional outlets in the business and whose reporter did nothing even bordering on confrontational.

2. Ophydian Red Belt

He even went so far to attack this lady on twitter afterward and lie about the encounter.

Incoming TDS crew to boast about defunding NPR.

3. lilelvis Black Belt Platinum Member

4. Trotsky Banned Banned

Given that they are increasingly friendly to the idea of nationalizing social media companies for promoting the truth and censoring conservatives when they spread libel and harass people, calls to privatize government-funded media outlets when they have the audacity to ask questions about the government would kind of etch in stone that they're basically just shortsighted wannabe monarchists.

5. Sketch (҂`_´) <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - - -LoungeK

Mess with the Bull, get the horns.

6. bobgeese Gold Belt

Are we pretending NPR isn’t obviously left leaning ITT?

Because, I was listening to this segment on the way home. I listen all the time. They’re not objective.

7. Khabib Khanate Hashashiyan Staff Member Senior Moderator

Whoa she's way prettier than I expected. I listen to NPR from time to time and based off her voice I expected her to look a bit more homely but she's pretty hot for someone approaching 50.

8. Fawlty Banned Banned

She's the second most kick-ass MLK.

9. Ophydian Red Belt

Yes with her coffee voice from the SNL skits.

10. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

"We've built a great team."

He didn't build anything. Everyone of his FSOs he refuses to defend started their career before he was Sec State.

11. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

It was her fault for asking him to substantiate what he was claiming, giving the relevance to the major political story of the time.

She should have just swallowed his load and called it a day. Fucking journalists, they're basically communists.

Poor Pompeo, he's used to speaking to partisans who never ask a critical question. He can't be expected to defend his statements to the public.

12. hillelslovak87 Titanium Belt

That's a cow.
    [​IMG]

If you ask me which one, my answer will be yes.

13. Rational Poster Actually the Best Poster

Really shameful display by Pompeo, I honestly thought it was more competent than this.

She's probably been to Ukraine more times than he has.

14. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    And, of course, Trump praised him for it because Trump is a horse's ass.

15. Khabib Khanate Hashashiyan Staff Member Senior Moderator

That doesn't justify Pompeo's outburst and his banning of NPR. Should they only allow right leaning reporters to go? Because you know for a fact they wouldn't ban a FOX news reporter and NPR is exponentially more objective and legitimate as far as journalism goes than FOX.

NPR is the closest to a major news organization that is objective in America, banning them is a pretty bad look especially after Pompeo's juvenile outburst.

16. Mr Holmes You talking money, need a hearing aid

I see swine

17. ocfightfan Sic semper tyrannus

It was a stupid question designed to create problems. Trump gets to set foreign policy, not some disloyal bitch who was undermining him and was appointed by a corrupt previous administration. So now, as usual, left wing dipshits are trying to create division and dissension as part of their strategy to attack a President they don't like.

18. AgonyandIrony Yellow Card Yellow Card

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I’ve defended every single person on this team. I’ve done what’s right for every single person on this team.”

Mary Louise Kelly: “Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?”

How is that a stupid question? He also straight up lied about her on Twitter.

19. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Juvenile outbursts are good now.

20. Happy Man Banned Banned

Pompeo wasn’t hired to be competent. Kuschner got Pompeo and bolton hired to be isreali first war mongers.

and that’s what we got. Pompeo is trash. Human trash.

if trump keeps taking advice from kuschner I’m gonna lose my fucking mind. Bring back bannon, for the love of Christ the Merciful.