Trump is getting railed for mentioning white farmers in SA

Same kind of shit happening all over that continent. Yeah it’s bad, why is SAs few hundred whites deserving of special mention by him?

So why are the people calling out the double standard now, rather than all the other times when Western media has focused on the few "pearls" of Africa, which South Africa is considered to be a part of, rather than the places that nobody knows and nobody cares about?

Obviously, South Africa and its happenings, are more relevant to the West, than say, what goes down in Kongo or Uganda. Just like what goes down in China or Japan, is more relevant to us than what goes down in Laos or Myanmar.

But when Trump points out things that are happening in South Africa, now it's a mark of racism. Well, if that is so, then we are all racist. None of us are exactly taking the time of our day to see what's going down in Equatorial Guinea.

It’s not a genocide but I actually don’t care that Trump said what he said, because of the response of South African leaders saying Trump is trying to increase racial tension, as if Black South African leaders don’t do that all the time.

Wonder how that natives felt about the European doing the same thing Trump?

Well Trump isn't wrong. It is happening in SA. It happened in Zimbabwe.
And everyone knows how that turn out. Hope Trump receives the Boers to the US,fuck it and leave the South Africans to their luck without the whites. Let see how that will be.

Trump could announce that he cured cancer and libs would be chain smoking and getting coal mining jobs inside of a week. There's nothing wrong with pointing out injustices in the world.

Wonder how that natives felt about the European doing the same thing Trump?

They probably felt pretty shitty about it, which is why we shouldn't be repeating things we did in the 18th century, in 2018.

You can't change the past, only the future.

And everyone knows how that turn out. Hope Trump receives the Boers to the US,fuck it and leave the South Africans to their luck without the whites. Let see how that will be.
I read (not sure how reliable the source was) that Germany was taking in a bunch of white farmers from SA and offering them land to use their farming skills and knowledge on.

Multiple news sources.

We aren't allowed to talk about this, and neither is out president. I like how the land stealing is called "a complicated issue related to inequality etc..."

Yeah.. I was actually waiting for this. I really was.

hes bringing it up as a wedge issue. a triggering fake outrage topic. hes not alone, the left does it too.

if he truly gave a shit about stuff like this, maybe we'd have an ambassador to south africa.

I think it's a bit disingenuous presenting him "getting railed for mentioning" it as if it were happening in a vacuum. A large part of the criticism I see getting leveled at Trump is based on a perceived hypocrisy, not on his concern for what's going on in SA. Simply put, if you have a guy who seems to take a "that's their problem" attitude towards much of the world, and campaigned on an "America takes less action around the world" platform, suddenly become interested when the people who are under attack are white? It looks a little fishy. I'm not judging whether these complaints are fair - I think we should be happy about anyone paying any attention to injustice around the world - but it does look fishy coming from a guy who seems somewhat nonchalant in many cases when the persecuted people aren't white.

Simply put, Trump caring about persecuted people in SA? Great. Perhaps it would seem a bit more even handed if it happened more often with people who had a different skin tone.
Yeah I mean he’s never bombed Assad
Made fun of Korea
Didn’t say he wouldn’t remove sanctions on Russia and blown up some mercenaries of theirs
But what would I know
I don’t look for Klan monsters under my bed every night because I was told white suprmeciasts were everywhere even though their rally attracted more protestors than attendees

I read (not sure how reliable the source was) that Germany was taking in a bunch of white farmers from SA and offering them land to use their farming skills and knowledge on.
Seems unreliable. A immigration policy like that, would actually improve quality for Germany, kryptonite to german Hillary.

Yeah I mean he’s never bombed Assad
Made fun of Korea
Didn’t say he wouldn’t remove sanctions on Russia and blown up some mercenaries of theirs
But what would I know
I don’t look for Klan monsters under my bed every night because I was told white suprmeciasts were everywhere even though their rally attracted more protestors than attendees

Yes he did those things. Outside of the little caricature at the end of your post, was there a point you were getting at?

Not at all. If an alcoholic tells me "This is an awesome beer" he might be right, an I might agree with him, but I may not trust the impartiality on the pick. I may say "Dude, you're a drunk - you'd drink grapes fermented in my old sneakers if given the chance."

What Trump is doing is good here. Again though, his rhetoric tends to operate along coloured lines, so I tend to be concerned about why he's rushing to this human rights violation which, on the global scale, is one of the smaller ones.

What are the larger human rights issues happening, in your opinion?

Yes, two wrongs certainly make a right.

You're right, but to many throw stones at others when their own people or country did or does the same.

Those people are the biggest hypocrites.

So why are the people calling out the double standard now, rather than all the other times when Western media has focused on the few "pearls" of Africa, which South Africa is considered to be a part of, rather than the places that nobody knows and nobody cares about?

Obviously, South Africa and its happenings, are more relevant to the West, than say, what goes down in Kongo or Uganda. Just like what goes down in China or Japan, is more relevant to us than what goes down in Laos or Myanmar.

But when Trump points out things that are happening in South Africa, now it's a mark of racism. Well, if that is so, then we are all racist. None of us are exactly taking the time of our day to see what's going down in Equatorial Guinea.

Media whatboutisms have nothing to do with this. It’s wrong and it should be called out as such, his choice of causes raises eyebrows however. I am not saying he is racist because of this but of course this plays to his brand of identity politics which is why he is speaking for a few hundred white farmers on a continent filled much worse examples of oppression. Let’s not be naive here.

Lots of people in this thread seem to be A OK with white genocide, rape and murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, but to many throw stones at others when their own people or country did or does the same.

Those people are the biggest hypocrites.

So the Germans should never call out another country that decides to exterminate some of its own citizens, just because of their history with the Holocaust?

In this case, applying a different standard to yourself and others, than you did a hundred years ago, is a good thing. Being hypocritical about that, is great for everybody involved.

What are the larger human rights issues happening, in your opinion?

Let me return that question to you with a question, rather than open myself up for the nitpicking that is going to follow?

On a global scale, do you think that South Africa and the white farmers is one of the larger human rights issues taking place right now? How about just in Africa? If the answer to both is "yes" then we'll have a discussion.

I looked into the mistreatment of SA farmers a few years ago, and it wasn't good. I saw a video of some of the extreme violence and torture and had to just shut down my browser. I saw a toddler that had been tortured and murdered. I just can't.

And of course our media shall ignore this the best they can. The narrative must not stray. White people must be oppressors and never victims. So this story must be buried.

Because white privilege. :rolleyes:

I am a little slow today.
are you implying that the South African government is taking land from people that are non-whites?

i think hes pointing out that there are problems all over africa, the continent. trump is silent on those. now that something is happening to a few whites, suddenly he takes an interest. why is that do you think? is it because he cares about them, or does he just realize that its a valuable identity politics wedge issue?

because its not a real story......... only 47 farmers were killed in the last year, the lowest number since 1998.

but dont let that get in the way of pushing your agenda

Back