• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trump helping Russia

"During the course of the Q and A, Jeff Mason from Reuters was called to ask a question. He wanted to know whether Putin had wanted Donald Trump to win the 2016 presidential election and had directed any of his officials to help him do that?

Vladimir Putin didn't hesitate: "Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the US-Russia relationship back to normal."

It was quite a moment. But then I saw a tweet that Donald Trump put out yesterday to protest about how tough he was with Russia, which read:

"I'm very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact on the upcoming Election. Based on the fact that no President has been tougher on Russia than me, they will be pushing very hard for the Democrats. They definitely don't want Trump!"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44959300

Your response is not evidence of any kind of attack

That's not evidence. Putin wanted Trump to win so that the US-Russia relation goes back to a safe position? How is that evidence?

I’m not sure he understood what he was even posting

I still don’t get what Putin gets out of this huge evil genius plan for Trump to win the presidency.

I had this discussion with some friends. They think I'm crazy but I think it's stupid for Russia and U.S. to not be friends and allies. We should thaw relations and work towards cooperation. I'm sick of everyone trying to resurrect this cold war shit.

"Putin's Russia is perfecting the repressive, authoritarian oligarchy. The US can learn much from them." - The New GOP

I fear those tentacles that are wrapped around Russian agencies.

Its not good. I'm not saying its good. I just don't fell like Russia is our arch enemy. Russia, the U.S. and China are constantly spying on and interfering with things in a secret capacity. James Bond isn't just a movie. There are spies and double spies everywhere but we aren't going to go to war over it, its just kinda the price of business. For the love of god, famous chef Julia Childs was a spy.

th

When I see Dennis Rodman strike up a friendship with the leader of North Korea, Kim Young Un, I'm already just accepting there is a good chance he was sent by the C.I.A. when they found out homeboy liked NBA basketball.

th

I don't think Russia should interfere with our election process but at the same time I'm not overreacting to what I view as normal shit that has been going on for a long time. They don't want war, we don't want war, we just like fucking with each other. We pretty much created the SR-71 Blackbird just to spy on the Russians and they couldn't shoot it down because it flew so high and so fast. Not because we wanted war but because we wanted to spy on their technology and bases and see what they were doing.

300px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Your response is not evidence of any kind of attack

tkotom said "Show me a single shred of evidence that Russia is “attacking fundamental institutions”. Putin confessed to doing that.

Btw, "All reference to that exchange between Mr Mason and the Russian leader has been omitted from the official White House transcript. In the official record it doesn't exist."

The entire thing is a giant fucking joke. The U.S. has been fomenting unrest and meddling in elections for DECADES all over the world but the first hint someone would fool around with our shit and people get incredulous.

Wow... Where were all you level-headed, America-does-heinous-shit-too realists on September 11th, 2001? Most politicians acted like it was the first time anyone had ever blown up some buildings and killed people.

Of course, I bet Trump allowed us to hack the elections too. It really isn't a surprise that you are helping us. I guess it is to be expected with your president's favoritism towards us.

So what is it u are saying? U say Russia should be punished? How?

U say we are both wrong so how should us Americans be punished?

You just seem to be pushing the MSM Narrative that we should punish Russia somehow more than they already are being punished. But you also say we are guilty. So how should we be punished? Would it not be easier for both parties to talk out these conflicts and admit fault on both sides?

Now we're getting somewhere. The extent of our response could be debated on it's own. But let's assume for a minute that I'm completely satisfied with our unilateral response - which is veering off the path we started on, if you track this back to your dog/mailbox analogy - to me, this is more about getting people to admit that "Yes, Russia did something wrong" but even more important than that is saying "Yes, we should address the weaknesses in our infrastructure to address this ongoing attack." And not just because of "muh Russia", but because there are other threats out there and we should be defensive about them. It's this passive attitude that I find objectionable. And the only reason we're arguing about that is because of the Trump/Russia connection being thrust by the media - so in this case, it's you getting wrapped up in that more than me.

Simply saying "well we did it to them so what?" is blatantly ignoring what is an ongoing threat. I'm not okay with ignoring an active threat. I'm also not okay with us refusing to identify a weakness because it might be politically inconvenient.

I'm putting the USA first. Call me a neocon if you want for that, I'll wear it like a badge of pride. America is more important to me than any other country. I won't be apologizing for that any time soon.

I also noticed no one replied to my many reasons why Russia should not trust the US

I don't believe we were talking about that. But you're right. They shouldn't trust us and we shouldn't trust them. Sort of seems to back up my point of being defensive instead of passive.

Its not good. I'm not saying its good. I just don't fell like Russia is our arch enemy. Russia, the U.S. and China are constantly spying on and interfering with things in a secret capacity. James Bond isn't just a movie. There are spies and double spies everywhere but we aren't going to go to war over it, its just kinda the price of business. For the love of god, famous chef Julia Childs was a spy.

th

When I see Dennis Rodman strike up a friendship with the leader of North Korea, Kim Young Un, I'm already just accepting there is a good chance he was sent by the C.I.A. when they found out homeboy liked NBA basketball.

th

I don't think Russia should interfere with our election process but at the same time I'm not overreacting to what I view as normal shit that has been going on for a long time. They don't want war, we don't want war, we just like fucking with each other. We pretty much created the SR-71 Blackbird just to spy on the Russians and they couldn't shoot it down because it flew so high and so fast. Not because we wanted war but because we wanted to spy on their technology and bases and see what they were doing.

300px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg
I get your point but it just seems a little naive. These attacks were unprecedented. They had us out in protests that were set up to be violent confrontations. There are still people who don't even realize they were manipulated. So, yes, stuff like this happens but when you're caught red handed how is "Well, he denies it strongly, it was a powerful denial, it really could have been anyone." a proper response?

Trump is a complete liar and he doesn't mind deceiving the country if it keeps him in power. He won't do anything to dissuade Russian propaganda but he'll tweet how it's the dems getting their help since he's so tough on them. We need to get to bottom of this whether there was any collusion or not, so that when people vote in November they have the facts. If they want Trump leading this nation into isolation except for his buddy Putin then that's fine as long as they realize what they're voting for.

Now we're getting somewhere. The extent of our response could be debated on it's own. But let's assume for a minute that I'm completely satisfied with our unilateral response - which is veering off the path we started on, if you track this back to your dog/mailbox analogy - to me, this is more about getting people to admit that "Yes, Russia did something wrong" but even more important than that is saying "Yes, we should address the weaknesses in our infrastructure to address this ongoing attack." And not just because of "muh Russia", but because there are other threats out there and we should be defensive about them. It's this passive attitude that I find objectionable. And the only reason we're arguing about that is because of the Trump/Russia connection being thrust by the media - so in this case, it's you getting wrapped up in that more than me.

Simply saying "well we did it to them so what?" is blatantly ignoring what is an ongoing threat. I'm not okay with ignoring an active threat. I'm also not okay with us refusing to identify a weakness because it might be politically inconvenient.

I'm putting the USA first. Call me a neocon if you want for that, I'll wear it like a badge of pride. America is more important to me than any other country. I won't be apologizing for that any time soon.

I don't believe we were talking about that. But you're right. They shouldn't trust us and we shouldn't trust them. Sort of seems to back up my point of being defensive instead of passive.

You literally did not answer my questions

So your idea of punishing Russia more is to shore up our defenses? Ok. Gotcha

You are not putting Americans first when you turn a blind eye to the evils it commits. And all countries do.

If the extension of your punishment to Russia is basically working on our defense than you should love Trump because he seems to take it further than you suggest

And just LOL at you saying my opinion sits closer to the Narrative. Please point to ANY outlet saying both Putin & Trump should go before the cameras and admit both their countries have been meddling and worse and agree to start over and work together. I don’t think you even have read what I’ve posted

Russia does not have to be our enemy

Last edited:
I get your point but it just seems a little naive. These attacks were unprecedented. They had us out in protests that were set up to be violent confrontations. There are still people who don't even realize they were manipulated. So, yes, stuff like this happens but when you're caught red handed how is "Well, he denies it strongly, it was a powerful denial, it really could have been anyone." a proper response?

Trump is a complete liar and he doesn't mind deceiving the country if it keeps him in power. He won't do anything to dissuade Russian propaganda but he'll tweet how it's the dems getting their help since he's so tough on them. We need to get to bottom of this whether there was any collusion or not, so that when people vote in November they have the facts. If they want Trump leading this nation into isolation except for his buddy Putin then that's fine as long as they realize what they're voting for.

This has got to be a top 5 over dramatic, hyperbolic, hysterical post in months.

Are you afraid to walk outside?

You literally did not answer my questions

I'm not obligated to. I engaged you with a point, you decided to engage back. Now we're here. Just because you want to change the discussion doesn't mean I have to entertain you.

So your idea of punishing Russia more is to shore up our defenses? Ok. Gotcha

Nope, that's clearly not what I said. And you obviously have 0 interest in discussing this in good faith. You just want to either make ignorant assumptions about my position, or being intellectually dishonest when addressing my posts.

I made my point and you agreed: Russia was wrong.

See my post of all the reasons Russians should distrust if not hate us.
So what? Does that mean we should ignore them tampering in our elections? This makes no sense to me. Even if it's true you're just ignoring and making excuses for Trump's suspicions behavior. All our intelligence agencies agree on this yet Trump is kissing Putin's ass. And only his ass, nobody else's, even China who would be an even more powerful ally. The evidence of the Trump Tower meeting by itself raises enough suspicion for an investigation.

I'm not obligated to. I engaged you with a point, you decided to engage back. Now we're here. Just because you want to change the discussion doesn't mean I have to entertain you.

Nope, that's clearly not what I said. And you obviously have 0 interest in discussing this in good faith. You just want to either make ignorant assumptions about my position, or being intellectually dishonest when addressing my posts.

I made my point and you agreed: Russia was wrong.

Now I’m ignorant yet u are the one that can’t answer simple questions

Again. How would u punish Russia more. You answered it as if u were reading off some liberal blog

But anyway. A discussion takes 2 sides answering questions. You seem unable to. Or like u said do not need to.

Cool. Yes Russia was wrong as was America. I’d like to fix it.

Back