• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Trump can’t get a loan to pay $464 million bond in fraud case, his lawyers say

Because he was the one that lied to them. Its not that complicated.
Did the bank do zero due diligence when providing millions of dollars of funding? Why are they not held accountable for loaning money to someone not qualified for a loan that "injured" other New Yorkers? Also do you find the timing of this case to be suspicious at all when this all took place over a decade ago? I'm curious why this and the E Jean Carrol ordeal just happened to come up in an election year when these "crimes" happened decades ago. What is the reasoning for waiting until he was running for president to go after him during the campaign/election process?

I care that one party has chosen to use the justice system to imprison, bankrupt, and destroy their political opponents. If the Republicans did what the Democrats have done, I would be against that too. You're a small minded party affiliated fool. I despise both parties. You'd happily eat Democrat crap if you thought it would forward your cause.

Biden impeachment push struggles under mounting GOP skepticism​

The House Oversight Committee's high-profile impeachment hearing on Wednesday mainly served as an opportunity for Democrats to taunt Republicans on the apparent unlikelihood of an impeachment vote.

• At one point in the hearing, Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) challenged Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) to second his motion to impeach Biden.
  • "No, nothing. OK, we've got nothing," Moskowitz said after Comer met his motion with silence. "They're never going to impeach Joe Biden. It's never going to happen. ... This is a show, it's all fake."

Trump was found guilty of fraudulently inflating the value of his assets and now that he has to pay the judgment it turns out that his assets are worth less than he claimed. It is a perfect circle.

As I understand the New York bond process, the bond company would be responsible for paying the judgement if Trump loses his appeal(s) and then they would have to recoup that money from Trump. No surprise that he is having trouble finding a company to do it. Imagine if he becomes President and some financial firm is trying to chisel half a billion dollars from him in the courts?

Barring some last minute bond deal or a delay, Trump seems to have 3 options:

1. Get the money from a non-institutional source (e.g. super rich person, whether American or not)

2. Declare personal bankruptcy

3. Let the courts seize his assets. They would start with liquid assets (bank accounts and stocks). Then on to real estate assets. Forced sales usually mean bad prices. It could get ugly.
I still think it's somewhat likely he ends having someone give him the money. A big problem is that Trump can't really do it surreptitiously. Ideally for Trump, someone would give him the money, and he could publicly pretend it was his own. But the judge appointed a financial monitor, and he wants details, which will make it all more difficult. An evildoer might be willing to give Trump the money, but they'd be less willing to give Trump the money and have the public know he gave Trump the money.

It's unclear why Engoron waited until now to ask for the additional information, but the language in his order suggests he wants to make sure the company, which he found had engaged in "persistent" fraud by overinflating assets, does not make any misrepresentations to bond companies.

Thursday's order requires the Trump Organization to tell the court monitor what "financial disclosures are requested or required" by the bond company, "any information provided in response to such requests, any representations made by Trump Organization in connection with such bonds" and "any obligations of the Trump Organization required by the surety."

Did the bank do zero due diligence when providing millions of dollars of funding? Why are they not held accountable for loaning money to someone not qualified for a loan that "injured" other New Yorkers? Also do you find the timing of this case to be suspicious at all when this all took place over a decade ago? I'm curious why this and the E Jean Carrol ordeal just happened to come up in an election year when these "crimes" happened decades ago. What is the reasoning for waiting until he was running for president to go after him during the campaign/election process?
Oh, you're curious, are you? You can't be THAT curious, because a cursory glance at the story would show you how off your timeline is. They didn't wait until an election year. That's another Trump lie which his cult is all too happy to parrot. Cy Vance subpoenaed Trump's accounting firm for Trump's taxes way back in August of 2019. Leitita James was working with his office since 2019. Trump delayed and appealed all the way to the supreme court multiple times. It wasn't until February 2021 that the supreme court allowed Trump's tax records to be released to prosecutors. Trump did what he could to delay and delay even more, until he was fined for contempt of court. James announced her lawsuit in September 2022. The trial started October 2023.

You might have a point about political witch hunts if this was an anomaly happening to Trump.

However the truth is Trump built a career on shady business practices. I could literally list page after page after page of people he's screwed over business wise - he even once bragged about the fact that he thought it was funny that he conducted business by agreeing on contracts and then weaponizing the court system to offer 50% of the agreed upon price or fight him in a long, drawn out court battle, which actually bankrupted regular working class people.

I'm not suggesting you become a Democrat or leftists (which are not the same thing). What I'm saying is you seem like a smart guy so it's hard to understand why you often defend a guy like Trump who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. His record proves he is anything but a champion of the lower and middle class.
He seems like a smart guy? <lol><lol><lol><lol>

Oh, you're curious, are you? You can't be THAT curious, because a cursory glance at the story would show you how off your timeline is. They didn't wait until an election year. That's another Trump lie which his cult is all too happy to parrot. Cy Vance subpoenaed Trump's accounting firm for Trump's taxes way back in August of 2019. Leitita James was working with his office since 2019. Trump delayed and appealed all the way to the supreme court multiple times. It wasn't until February 2021 that the supreme court allowed Trump's tax records to be released to prosecutors. Trump did what he could to delay and delay even more, until he was fined for contempt of court. James announced her lawsuit in September 2022. The trial started October 2023.
So they started this during the election year of his first presidency, curious timing as well. This doesn't answer the question of the E Jean Carroll timing. Why wait 30 years? Why change the laws just for this case to be tried? It reeks of fascism and using lawfare against political opponents.

So they started this during the election year of his first presidency, curious timing as well. This doesn't answer the question of the E Jean Carroll timing. Why wait 30 years? Why change the laws just for this case to be tried? It reeks of fascism and using lawfare against political opponents.
2019 is an election year?

2020 was, close enough. Point being this was never an issue until he was involved in politics. Neither was the E J Carroll thing.
LMAO at "close enough." Anyway...

Trump was accused in a court deposition in 1990, by his own wife, of raping her. Trump University was shut down in 2011, because the NY AG opened an investigation, and they would eventually file a lawsuit in 2013. Trump was accused of being a sexual deviant and fraudster years before he became president.

Trump legal news brief: Letitia James takes first steps in preparation to seize Trump’s Westchester assets

--
I think NY State has a 5 - 10 % chance of putting a lean, taking the golf course or forcing a sale.

@Loiosh
How in the name of Sam Hill can I link a gif?

Yeah yeah yeah, holding someone from your team accountable for massive fraud is tyranny lmao
You chuds are so power entitled your heads are spinning around barfing like the exorcist
It was the kid, Regan, whose head was on spewing swivel. The exorcist got "moved on like a bitch", as Orange Peephole T. spake so eloquently.

Trump has been in the spotlight practically his whole life, he has always been scrutinized. When he became a Republican he became demonized.

This is obviously some bullshit coping, no one is more scrutinized than a politician.

He was just a B level celebrity at best if you're being generous.

Last edited:
LMAO at "close enough." Anyway...

Trump was accused in a court deposition in 1990, by his own wife, of raping her. Trump University was shut down in 2011, because the NY AG opened an investigation, and they would eventually file a lawsuit in 2013. Trump was accused of being a sexual deviant and fraudster years before he became president.
Did Trump grab you by your pussy, is that why you are so hurt by him?

Trump has been in the spotlight practically his whole life, he has always been scrutinized. When he became a Republican he became demonized.

Trump was a scumbag his entire life and had countless lawsuits and fraud cases filed against him. People just didn't care because back then his little baby bitch tantrums wouldn't have an effect on their lives.

Not sure what point you think you are making, but yeah people tend to care more when the corrupt charlatan becomes the president of the most powerful nation in the world

This is obviously some bullshit coping, no one is more scrutinized than a politician.

He was just a B level celebrity at best if you're being generous.
You're right, no one had ever heard of Trump before he ran for President. I always forget you cult members don't live in the real world.

Back