Trump - $580,600 dinner

That's what fundraisers involving donors are.

The OP seems to think that the GENERAL PUBLIC's money is being spent here or something. <JagsKiddingMe>
I think a lot of the bitterness, when you look at the negative responses, is from the realization that they'll never have that kind of disposable income.

#1.) It's a FUNDRAISER. You want the American People's money to fund things or him getting money from other rich people instead?

#2.) Get over it.
I'm bookmarking this for all the threads bitching about other fundraisers that will be coming soon.

I think a lot of the bitterness, when you look at the negative responses, is from the realization that they'll never have that kind of disposable income.
I think it more likely comes from the rich looking out for the rich. One of the biggest problems in US and other many other countries. It's not about jealousy but injustice.

"Trump to headline a $580,600-per-couple fundraiser, the most expensive of his reelection bid"
Story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...his-reelection-bid/ar-BBZYAMX?ocid=spartanntp

This is truly amazing when you consider that 69% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings. There are some truly wealthy people out there. Bill Gates' net worth is at around $100 billion. John D. Rockefellers' net worth was $418 billion in 1913 (inflation-adjusted for 2019). This was before all the current federal/state tax laws came into effect.

Oil, railroad and steel are the way old America made its fortune (over $100,000,000,000).
. John D. Rockefeller
. Andrew Carnegie
. Cornelius Vanderbilt

* This is more wealth than the GDP of some Third World countries in the early 20th century.
Couldn't read it all.. I'm assuming somewhere way down the bottom of the article it says what the fundraising is for?

Anyone know what the money goes too?

The OP seems to think that the GENERAL PUBLIC's money is being spent here or something.
No I don't, but you do. Not too smart are you? What part of 'wealthy people' did you not understand? You completely missed the point of the thread...

It’s amazing that Trump wouldn’t piss on 99,999% of the Americans if they were on fire, yet a lot of those people adore the ground he walks on

I dont think the majority of Trump's hardline supporters can afford to attend this dinner.

They clearly aren't paying for the dinner. They are making a political contribution, and hanging out with their wealthy friends.

I know that. But it is morally reprehensible to spend that kind of money when many will never see that in a lifetime. Fuck them. Can you imagine how smug these twats have to be to believe they should be able to spend that?

#1.) It's a FUNDRAISER. You want the American People's money to fund things or him getting money from other rich people instead?

#2.) Get over it.

It's a bribe, considering his financial policy caters to billionaires and the corporate class more than any other. Remember the massive growth from those tax cuts, and the reinvestment by corporations?

"Every politician on earth has previously done a thing, but we're upset now cause Trump did it too." - Literally every single war room thread

49781329-6942-4f48-aac1-8070d4cbeebb-AP_APTOPIX_Trump_Clemson_Football.JPG

Over half a mil for a Quarter-Pounder?

Pass...

"Every politician on earth has previously done a thing, but we're upset now cause Trump did it too." - Literally every single war room thread

Remember when Trumptards proudly claimed that Trump couldn't be bought because he is a Billionaire? And how proud they were that he self financed his campaign? Which was a lie. But now you don't care because every other politician did it huh? Bernie hasn't.

I know that. But it is morally reprehensible to spend that kind of money when many will never see that in a lifetime. Fuck them. Can you imagine how smug these twats have to be to believe they should be able to spend that?
Jealousy is such and underrated emotion..

It's not your money to say if they "should be able to spend that".

Lol, imagine how jealous and gotten to you have to be telling others what they can spend their money on.

It's not your money to say if they "should be able to spend that".

you’re right. We should all be glad they have that much extra money to waste just to meet someone. The first amendment grants them the right to spend that kind of money, but it doesn’t make it right

Lol, imagine how jealous and gotten to you have to be telling others what they can spend their money on.

you have the wrong idea. I love to see cunts wasting that kind of money when so many have so little

you have the wrong idea. I love to see cunts wasting that kind of money when so many have so little
You're arguing with monarchists. It seems foreign to them, the Jefferson idea that the rich shouldn't lord over everyone else, and buy themselves power.

These guys are cheering for the President having control over any and all legal investigations, including those into himself.

They want a monarch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back