True or False. Women initially hurt more during break-ups but recover better than men

Not really. I think it depends upon the individual more than gender. I'm not surprised at the findings though since women are socialized to be more in touch with our feelings and to express our feelings more so we're more likely to recognize and admit 'weaker' feelings such as sadness and/or physical pain.

As with most evolutionary biology findings these results can be explained by socialization rather than evolution or biology.

Sounds like something a woman would say. Biology plays just as much of a role as socialization. Structures like the frontal lobe and amygdala control executive function and emotion. You can train yourself to get triggered by emotional shit but your biology is harder to overcome than socialization. Also, higher levels of T influence your mood. Low T means you are more likely to have mood swings, stress, and depression (sound familiar? yeah that's a woman).

It was exactly the opposite with my high school sweetheart and me. She kept trying to contact me several years later to work things out and it was driving her nuts.

I think women suffer more. Men only 'feel' more because they have egos. Men get obsessed and possessive. So there ego drives feelings that they own her or deserve her.

We men are leaders we shouldnt cry over it in the long run. I think its better to cry/feel sad in short term.

It depends on how invested and deep the relationship goes. Same for both genders. If one was serious and the other a playa of course we know who got the bad end of the deal. :icon_chee

That doesn't apply to me from my personal experience. I'm broken and empty when I break up even if I can get laid easily with another girl. But as time passes I'm doing much better.

Ditto.

It depends on the mentality of the individual.

females get over these things quicker imo.
they also recognize when the relationship is too bad to repair. i don't think they kid themselves like a lot of males do.
i think a lot of men end up acting like small boys when it comes to breaking up with a woman tbh.

this is all because in general women are more intelligent than men, and they listen to their intuition/6th sense, or whatever you want to call it.
i always ask women for opinions on 'this and that' as i think they are smarter and more straight forward, and are more inclined to see things as they really are.

If I've broken up with someone I've already sorted it all out in my head so give ZERO fuqs when the deed is done

i dont think women hurt more initially but they do like the attention a breakup brgs (womens night out, girl power groups, ect)

Women cheat more then men. Men just show it off more.

Depends on the person; Of course extrovert or social butterflies will get over it quicker than the anti-social ones, regardless of gender.
But chicks will definitely overplay it on their Twitter/Facebook statuses

I feel like women have a better support circle to fall back on after a breakup. I have plenty of friends, but I've never felt like any of them have gone out of their way to help me get over breakups. And I'm a dude so I'm not forcing anyone to listen to my problems either.

Wow, I didn't know there was actual research on this.

It does seem to be the case in my experience. What seemed like a great idea about a month ago is starting to suck now.

It depends on the individual but women are more open about it. Even if both parties are as hurt by a breakup, you'll hear a lot more about it from the woman's side.
Also, it seems a lot of girls break up from a toxic relationship after a long time of thinking they can't function without the other person only to find a line of dudes waiting for the opportunity. Then I know guys who break up with the girl to go party and hook up with other girls and end up unsuccessful, which makes them think of the girl that they used to have.

We're supposed to question if we agree with a study when none of us have conducted our own studies or read their methodology?

Generally, I agree with the study because, other than personal anecdotal bs, I have no information to the contrary. Also, more guys stalk their ex'es and/or kill them.

generally id agree based on the fact that all a girl has to do to replace or even just forget about a guy is show face in public and wait for all the horndogs, whereas guys are the ones who have to go out of their way to do that, and to varying degrees of success

females get over these things quicker imo.
Cool...
they also recognize when the relationship is too bad to repair.
If this were at all true why are there so many repeat male offenders of domestic abuse?
i don't think they kid themselves like a lot of males do.
Demonstrably false. Women do more things every day to pretend they're something they're not than most men do in a lifetime.
i think a lot of men end up acting like small boys when it comes to breaking up with a woman tbh.
And yet with women taking more videos of men than men do of women, the internet is filled with women acting like children in relationships and not the opposite.

this is all because in general women are more intelligent than men,
Try backing that claim... please, it will be funny.
and they listen to their intuition/6th sense, or whatever you want to call it.
I call it nothing because it doesn't exist.
i always ask women for opinions on 'this and that' as i think they are smarter and more straight forward, and are more inclined to see things as they really are.
There have been countless studies on this claim, you might want to familiarize yourself with at least one.

Back