True GOAT's dont care about GOAT status

Here I'll just copy and paste it for you other bozos

Talk to me in facts boy, show me a source where it says Fedor popped, not just your biased ignorant speculation
And you show me a fact where Anderson popped during his time of relevance.

No, not in his 40's after breaking his leg when he wasn't even a contender anymore, but when it actually matters to the conversation.

You cant, but you know what you can easily find? All of Anderson's opponents who popped, now why is that not discussed? Many of them right after fighting him. While he was passing his tests. But of course you'll conveniently ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Maybe the other "GOATs" haven't been trashed by haters for years and feel the need to respond.

Also Jones has the best case for GOAT and the fact people even need to misrepresent his PED test record is an admission they couldn't argue against him otherwise.

Nobody would argue against him otherwise. It is not like it was just one time. Kind of have to follow the rules, right?

All the so called goats all have a history of ducking and dodging... there was never a goat..

-fedor was ducking reem before we knew fedor was past his prime.

-Mighty Mouse was ducking the shit out of TJ and we didn’t even know about the EPO yet.

-GSP ducked hendrix rematch cause he knew he lost the first one n feared he’d lost again.

-Jon Jones is ducking anything and everything related to fighting ever again... the list goes on

-kabib held down a bunch of gatekeeper strikers n ducked tony for years till tony got old then kabib just had other contenders take tony out for him

-Anderson ducked any noteworthy opponent during his big run

When was Fedor supposed to fight Reem?

It was already out that GSP was going to retire after the Hendricks fight, regardless of the outcome. That is why Dana and Rogan were gizzing all over Hendricks and trying to convince the world that he was a scary monster.

To be fair, GSP only talks about it a lot because he's asked about it all the time. Unlike Anderson and Fedor, GSP is very active doing interviews, media spots, and so forth.

TS does have a point, though. All three of these guys are very humble about their accomplishments.
but you can see gsp underneath wanting to exclaim it LOL!

He loves it and why not?

On one level he is a very humble guy but underneath he's a monster too.

He's just very disciplined.

Reactions: G10
And you show me a fact where Anderson popped during his time of relevance.

No, not in his 40's after breaking his leg when he wasn't even a contender anymore, but when it actually matters to the conversation.

You cant, but you know what you can easily find? All of Anderson's opponents who popped, now why is that not discussed? Many of them right after fighting him. While he was passing his tests. But of course you'll conveniently ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Fact is that even if Fedor used peds in Pride, he wasn't breaking the rules by doing so. That shit was encouraged.

Anderson knowingly broke the rules and cheated. And don't give me that boohoo shit about the 40 year old with the broken leg. Fedor fought under US doping rules way beyond his prime and never popped.

Which is why Anderson will always have an asterix next to his name and Fedor won't. It's not about steroids it's about cheating

GSP does not only talk all the time about it (In his fake pseudo-humble way) and banks big from his supposed GOATish status, but organized the whole sad farce aganist the old one-eyed gatekeeper in order to secure the, these days obligatory, second paper belt for it. Agreeing a second fight with Whittaker that never intended to axtualy have BTW,

And keeps spouting nonsense about how the old one-eyed gatekeeper "ruined" the beating he was going to put on Rockhold in order to grow his legend.

WTF are you talking about.

The one eyed gate keeper who legit won the belt and had been in the top 10 for many years. Ya, all those guys are pussies, right. Lmfao.

There is a certain aura about guys who dominate and go about it quietly tho. You already know they're competing to be the best, they don't need to say it lol.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but more often than not in my experience the guy who talks a big one is usually not "the man", and this applies to not only fighting, but business, and life in general. Even when they are successful, these types always reek of weakness and insecurity to me.

That has been my experience also. The bigmouths seem to want to negotiate when the time for talk is over. Maybe it is the old school martial arts in me but I appreciate respectful people who choose to be due to character. The new breed of hurried through the cookie cutter ego maniacs can fuck right off as far as I am concerned. I will watch them fight but I will never really give a shit about them.

Fedor and Silva are the only ones on there who aren't millennials

Goats only care about eating your flannel.

Or at least they never show that they care about it.

So it's basically between GSP, Fedor and Silva, because these dudes are all secure enough where they dont feel the need to tell you how great they are, and when they're told they're great they try to play it down and give someone else credit.

Dudes like Khabib, Jones, Izzy.... these are insecure narcissists and egomaniacs who seem obsessed with their own status.

GOAT is more than just accomplishment in the octagon/ring, true royalty needs to know how to carry themselves, and dudes that blow their own horn too much are just pretenders imo.

It's true. And you may or may not have noticed that I never brag about being the GOAT.

Fact is that even if Fedor used peds in Pride, he wasn't breaking the rules by doing so. That shit was encouraged.

Anderson knowingly broke the rules and cheated. And don't give me that boohoo shit about the 40 year old with the broken leg. Fedor fought under US doping rules way beyond his prime and never popped.

Which is why Anderson will always have an asterix next to his name and Fedor won't. It's not about steroids it's about cheating
The argument was whether or not Emelianenko roided and he most certainly did, just like his bro, and everyone else in their right mind fighting for Pride in those days.

As for "cheating", I mean we can say Anderson "got caught", and yes it definitely matter that it was in the twilight of his career lol, to pretend it's all the same as if it was during his reign is just being dishonest and hateful.

You can't have it both ways. If you wanna just blindly assume that anyone who never got caught is innocent, then you also have to consider Anderson innocent in every fight he didn't get popped in, which would mean it's irrelevant to any of his fights that mattered.

But if you wanna assume that he was roiding in every fight cause of that one time he got caught, but you know he was able to pass all those previous tests, then it's only logical to conclude that the other fighters who haven't got caught yet have just been luckier, or used a better system, etc...

When was Fedor supposed to fight Reem?

It was already out that GSP was going to retire after the Hendricks fight, regardless of the outcome. That is why Dana and Rogan were gizzing all over Hendricks and trying to convince the world that he was a scary monster.

There was some very public ducking by fedor around late 2000s/ early 2010s. He wanted no part of ubereem. This was before his string of strike force losses so people expected he would take that fight. Nobody really knew yet that fedor was a can crushing hype train that was about to get exposed... tho some suspected when arlovski showed us a glimpse of fedor’s mediocre striking

So it's basically between GSP, Fedor and Silva, because these dudes are all secure enough where they dont feel the need to tell you how great they are, and when they're told they're great they try to play it down and give someone else credit.

Dudes like Khabib, Jones, Izzy.... these are insecure narcissists and egomaniacs who seem obsessed with their own status.

GOAT is more than just accomplishment in the octagon/ring, true royalty needs to know how to carry themselves, and dudes that blow their own horn too much are just pretenders imo.
Not so fast on AndeRoid “no speak Inglis” Silva

Maybe the other "GOATs" haven't been trashed by haters for years and feel the need to respond.

Also Jones has the best case for GOAT and the fact people even need to misrepresent his PED test record is an admission they couldn't argue against him otherwise.
"Misrepresent"

{<jordan}

Khabib hasn't called himself the GOAT, ever. In fact, he acknowledged Jones, DJ, Cejudo, DC, Fedor, Silva, GSP the GOAT

If you took a term used by boxing you should use Ali as somewhat the standard for GOAT. No one in MMA is close to that. We never had a fighting champion that took on all comers. There was no waiting until someone fell out of their prime or ducking with him. It was if you thought you could beat me; let's do this.

You are talking about a person who started fighting in 1960 and made it to the top by 1967. He couldn't fight for a couple of years due to political reasons and was considered past his prime by 1970. From 1970-1975 he went on a run. He had 22 fights in 5 years and smashed the new guys while bringing his fights internationally.

I love MMA but I am willing to concede our sport is rather new and doesn't have enough time to produce a greatest of all time yet.

Since when has narcissm or ego been a criteria for GOAT status, you seem like a marginalised peasant

Back