Triple H is now officially retired

Thanks for all the memories and great matches HHH. I will never forget the Royal Rumble 2000 match with Cactus Jack, just incredible! amazing match

Thought he retired a while ago. Solid wrestler, and a great bad guy when the business really needed one. Yeah, he beat guys he probably should've lost to, but he did the duty to elevate guys like Batista, Benoit, and Bryan. Hope he leaves WWE and starts his own promotion.

He was massive for Pain and Gain and is still a big guy now but it looks like he cycles on when he gets ready for the action Roles , Luke and Hobbs, Black Adam etc but during filming he he dials it back . Plus he he didn't have the wear and tear of the an active WWE wrestlers as he essentially has been done being full time for over 15 years now with the 2 year feud with John Cena in 2011 and 2012 being mostly guest spots.

The Hollywood action star life isn’t healthy regardless of his massive roid cycles, stress and work exhaustion kills loads of them. I think Rock is at the same risk as HHH what with both being roiding workaholic control freaks in a high stress industry, hitting fifty. Rock obviously has less wrestling road damage on his frame but the heart and organ damage would be the same.

I couldn't say I was ever really a big fan of Trips but I wasn't a hater either. He was part of some great matches and feuds and had his moments on the mic too. Gotta respect his long career and place in WWE history. He had to overcome some terrible injuries in his time as well

Terrible injuries that only happen to steroid abusers.

About 30 years too late. He could have spared us so many boring matches and his sub-Harley Race "main event style".

Most over-pushed wrestler in the history of the business. Was great for about 2 years in his whole career 2000 and 2001. He's like a baseball player who hit 300 and 40 homers twice and then was treated like he did it every year.

Don't wish any harm for him and I hope he can now retire and by a father full-time.

Whoda thought years ago after sting retired from neck injury and hhh buried him at wrestlemania, that nowadays sting woukd be jumping off balconies and hhh would be retired from almost dying.

Why didn't he actually place his own boots on the mat? He was standing there, they panned away to the crowd, then suddenly his boots were just magically sitting there ... anyone else find that odd?

He was my favorite wrestler for a time. His first main event heel run from mid 99 to early 2001 was incredible.

Original DX and Evolution runs were good too but hated pretty much everything else he did.

Happy retirement. Glad he can enjoy the rest of his life with his family.

Don't care about that dead section so I'll just post it here.

Thanks Hunter.

Love him or hate him he had a great in ring career. He never got to the Rock or Austin level but he was just a notch or 2 below that. But honestly only a handful of guys have ever got to that level anyway. One could argue he was one of the best behind the scenes politicians the business has ever seen. Worked his way up from main event talent to running the promotion. Not to mention he married the boss's daughter.

President of the US? Good joke.
To be honest, I don't think he could even run WWE.
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He wanted to get Edge fired when Edge was in his prime and the best heel in the business. And his reasoning was that Edge wasn't trustworthy because he had stolen Matt Hardy's chick... Vince just laughed it off.

Remember what Bret Hart said about him in that interview - that Triple H had his own agenda and was never one of the boys. That he was a sneaky, cowardly type of guy who had his nose far up Vince's and Shawn's ass.

Triple H's your typical follower dressed up as a leader.

Last edited:
He'd be a greeter at WalMart if he wasnt plowing steph.

I was never really a fan and generally found him to be boring but on occasion he would rise to the occasion and cut a great promo or have a great match

When papa fires him after the divorce you’re going to see a lot of HHH in AEW.

Back