Trip to Brazil Reccomendations?

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, I hope to travel to Brazil here within the next year or two and I was wondering who here has been, how long they stayed, what they thought of it, where they stayed (what city and what hotel) and if/where did they train while they were there. As for the training part, how do you go about getting a membership at the gym?

Thanks in advance for any input and responses.

i went for 9 days last year
stayed at the govenors yacht club
trained with daniel moraes
definetly get hooked up with someone that can get you a good deal on a place to stay

i wanna go brasil to

anyone know what other mma teams are in brasil- other than chute boxe and BTT-

in areas of rio and panama

stu3ufc said:
i wanna go brasil to

anyone know what other mma teams are in brasil- other than chute boxe and BTT-

in areas of rio and panama

Gracie Barra.

You'd think there would be more people who have gone to Brazil to train considering all the fanatics on these boards...

i have been, i went to Ricardo De la Riva's academy in Copacobana Beach, Rio De Janerio. i stayed with a friend for 10 days. it was an awesome time, training was great and the night life was better. i hope to go again and stay for a couple months. If you want to go i suggest you train with whatever association your with ie gracie barra, nova unio, etc. bring some spending money but dont wear fancy jewlery or anything flashy when your walking around town some parts a pretty rough

Alexandre Paivas School, That guy is maby better then Fabio Gurgel and he is a darm good instructor.

if you come to brazil, the one thing you shouldnt do too much is worry. here, everything is fixable, and arrangeable. we call it "the brazilian way".
To train at a gym you gotta show up and pay and that

I stayed 2 months in Rio and trained at BTT in Lagoa. It was SWEET. I stayed at a hostel the first week. Then i had an apartment for a month and later on i stayed with a guy from the school. I also went to SP for Copa do Monde. I payed about 100 us $ /month for the traning.

i'm trying to talk a friend into going to brazil with me but i told him a story how my brother's friend was robbed there and now he doesn't want to go.

some guy stopped the cab he was in, put a knife to his eyelid, and threatened to kill him if he didn't give him is wallet.
he gave him his wallet.

www.brazilianblackbelt.com Team Brasa

I went to their first camp, I highly recommend it. The camp is in Buzios, which is an extremely safe and beautiful part of Rio. The house you stay at is awesome, and the instructors are the bomb. (And world champs)

brother shamus said:
i'm trying to talk a friend into going to brazil with me but i told him a story how my brother's friend was robbed there and now he doesn't want to go.

some guy stopped the cab he was in, put a knife to his eyelid, and threatened to kill him if he didn't give him is wallet.
he gave him his wallet.

This is hilarious. You've got to work on your persuasive skills kid. :D

lol the bus i was at was robbed at gunpoint (just the driver) the 1st the on the 1st time i was in brasil and i still went there after it, and i'm returning in a week and had no other problem whatsoever.

Natal (RN) has also a great academy very go in bjj and mma. www.kimuranovauniao.com.br

Well if you're training regularly with a good quality instructor, you're not really going to get better instruction in Brazil than you would here in the U.S. However, what you do get through these camps is a wonderful experience where you get to vacation and train with some of the best BJJ competitors in the world.

Sherdog_Mutt said:
Well if you're training regularly with a good quality instructor, you're not really going to get better instruction in Brazil than you would here in the U.S. However, what you do get through these camps is a wonderful experience where you get to vacation and train with some of the best BJJ competitors in the world.

I disagree, I think that we are more in tune with competitive BJJ down here in Brazil.

Check out the Brazil vacation/trip reports on www.onthemat.com. They have tips for people doing BJJ vacations in Brazil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back