Triangle Choke From Guard Help!

Hit-or-be-hit

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok the triangle choke from guard is my favorite move
I usually get people w this but 4 some reason when i have been trying it the last month or thereabouts my calf cramps up
heres what happens i have my left leg over there neck and my right leg the one next 2 the arm. I squeze and then in a few seconds my right calf starts 2 cramp.
Usually it's right when they are about 2 tap 2.
Idk any help would be aprreciated.
Im usually really good w the triangle chock i just don't know y my calf is cramping
i think my leg might be on my foot instead of my ankle. Idk

WaterBottleJPG.jpg

^ agreed!

plus make sure you are taking a good multivitamin.

When you sweat you are not only losing water and alot of the time cramps are caused by dehydration AND an electrolyte imbalance.

potassium and water are good suggestions! If you start on a multi make sure it doesn't have iron...

potassium, water, and STRETCHING. for a couple months my legs were cramping up a lot. all i did was stretch more and take a good multi.

You are squeezing your feet downward trying to finish the lock.

Squeezing your feet does nothing.

To finish, squeeze your thighs together.

It takes zero calf strength to finish a triangle.

^ what he said.

Also, in addition to potassium and water/gatorade, Magnesium + Calcium supplements can also help prevent leg cramps. 'How old are you' and 'do you also get cramps during the night or just during strenuous exercise' would be relevant questions in trying to figure out the best ways to prevent them, but theres definitely no harm in eating a daily banana, staying properly hydrated, and taking a Calcium + Magnesium supplement if the first two measures aren't enough (2:1 Ca:Mg ratio is ideal).

agree. thighs not calves. also double your water, eat 1 banana on training days, and report back.

your calf or your shin? either way the answer is conditioning through condstant repetition. but if it's your shin taking a supplament like shark cartelidge might be a good idea.

You are squeezing your feet downward trying to finish the lock.

Squeezing your feet does nothing.

To finish, squeeze your thighs together.

It takes zero calf strength to finish a triangle.

thanks this is what i was looking 4 stuff like this

i really don't think im dehyrdated
i mean i have a kidney condition
which means i have 2 drink a bunch of water and so im like constantly drinking water
so yeah im usually never dehyrated
and i eat a lot of bananas
like a ton.

It only happens on the triangle
i think it's like leg pushes down on my foot causing my calf 2 cramp or something
i think i might just be doing it w bad position

which means i have 2 drink a bunch of water and so im like constantly drinking water
like a ton.

i think it's like leg pushes down on my foot causing my calf 2 cramp or something

Try to make sure your foot is in your "knee pit". You are probably giving yourself an ankle slicer. also, I agree with the other guy who said you prob flexing your foot downward. angle yourself more and pull their head down instead of flexing so hard with your legs

it seems like you have the proper vitamins. you should spend at leat 10-15min stretching before live rolling.

if you try to run a mile with unstretched muscles it's inevitable that your gonna cramp up.

like a ton.

Leg should never push on the foot . should be on the ankle ..
Foot is almost like ankle locking youself .

Sounds like you have a half triangle working there ..
with your foot on your calf instead of ankle in back of knee .

and do flex your feet up !!!

it does take zero Calf but with teh feet up your leg can go down and out further .. and if you flex the one over the back of teh neck up it takes away even more space .

Back