News Treasure in the Dollar Tree.

Picked this up at the Dollar Tree a long time ago
s-l300.jpg

Say whatever you want, In the dollar store I am king.
Also the dollar store is actually on the richer side of the lake.

My favorite store in the world is Dollarama (Canadian Dollar Tree... we actually do have Dollar Tree, but it sucks compared to the American one). Without fail, I will spend $50 every time I go in buying random knick knacks, candy and other things I think I need, but don't. I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I am genuinely amazed at what companies can manufacture for $3 or less, and then sell it at a profit.

Yes, the quality isn't great, but occasionally you get some gems - my best "scores" include: Official Targus neopreen tablet and laptop bags for $2 each, Flexible "snake" LED light for tough to see areas (I use it when working with electronics), an MPOW cell phone mount for the car (I purchased the same item on Amazon for $25, but found it for $3), and an Apple Thunderbolt cable for $2.

There is a deals forum called "RedFlagDeals" (similar to slick deals) that has a Dollarama thread where people will post about good deals and where they can find them. The craziest one I had ever seen was PS4 and XBOX1 games for $5 (a whole bunch of them, some being former AAA titles) - I don't really play games so I didn't bother buying any, but people on the thread found titles like TitanFall 2, previous year NHL/Madden/MLB titles, Last of Us etc.

With that being said, American dollar stores are amazing - I can't remember the name of the store, I was in Portland for a conference and I stopped by a dollar store looking for cheap canned drinks. There was fresh produce - bananas, applies, minnie cartons of eggs, packaged bacon etc. People were doing their actual grocery shopping and it blew my mind at how cheap food was.

My favorite store in the world is Dollarama (Canadian Dollar Tree... we actually do have Dollar Tree, but it sucks compared to the American one). Without fail, I will spend $50 every time I go in buying random knick knacks, candy and other things I think I need, but don't. I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I am genuinely amazed at what companies can manufacture for $3 or less, and then sell it at a profit.

Yes, the quality isn't great, but occasionally you get some gems - my best "scores" include: Official Targus neopreen tablet and laptop bags for $2 each, Flexible "snake" LED light for tough to see areas (I use it when working with electronics), an MPOW cell phone mount for the car (I purchased the same item on Amazon for $25, but found it for $3), and an Apple Thunderbolt cable for $2.

There is a deals forum called "RedFlagDeals" (similar to slick deals) that has a Dollarama thread where people will post about good deals and where they can find them. The craziest one I had ever seen was PS4 and XBOX1 games for $5 (a whole bunch of them, some being former AAA titles) - I don't really play games so I didn't bother buying any, but people on the thread found titles like TitanFall 2, previous year NHL/Madden/MLB titles, Last of Us etc.

With that being said, American dollar stores are amazing - I can't remember the name of the store, I was in Portland for a conference and I stopped by a dollar store looking for cheap canned drinks. There was fresh produce - bananas, applies, minnie cartons of eggs, packaged bacon etc. People were doing their actual grocery shopping and it blew my mind at how cheap food was.
Ill have to look into that forum.
Yeah some of them surprise me with what they have in them. I was reading something a while back about how some dollar stores buy stuff from other places that are going out of business which Im guessing why occasionally they will have better stuff.
I always see them as a bit of an adventure cuz you never really know what youre going to find, and theres usually a few things with that I will be able to entertain myself with.

They were selling Paige Van Zant's book at Dollar Tree a few months ago.

Back