Traveling to a muay thai camp HELP

toufeksian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well im going to travel to thailand in a couple of month , im 18 , it would be my first time traveling alone to another country.

please if someone can give some good advices, and info about good camps to go, with good prices good equipement to train in , it would be great.

and also about the VISA or PASSPORT , what will i need?

You might want to talk to a travel agent for stuff about Visas and passports and that kind of stuff.

Wow. You might want to do some independent research before you leave. Start with the State Department website that offers info on visas and traveling to other countries. I used it for my Brazil trip. Then check out the camp websites. There should also be some websites that offer advice on traveling to Thailand as well. Try Google. Visiting Sherdog is not the first place I would look. Might want to rethink things or push trip further out if you are asking questions like that. Not trying to be a dick but letting you know how it is.

I guy on here was saying that Muay Thai is done in much harsher conditions in Thailand than in America. Really hot and really humid, not in a climate controlled gym. Take it easy until you get used to the environment or you will get really sick for a while after only a couple days of working out.

Depends on where you live on the Visa.

Camps depends on what you want.

Climate---don't try to impress anyone with how in shape or how you can keep up or you will be very sick very fast.

I forget how it's spelt, but something like Lanna Muay Thai camp. Google it, they have some good info in the FAQ's section.

18 and going to thailand to train!
I'm Jealous!
Good luck!

stay away from the strip clubs and whore houses,
they have an aids epidemic there,

the food will be spicey so be sure to have plenty of sugar/honey with you.

don't touch them on the top of their heads.

stay away from the strip clubs and whore houses,
they have an aids epidemic there,

the food will be spicey so be sure to have plenty of sugar/honey with you.

don't touch them on the top of their heads.

so true

Never let the bottom of your foot face another person. I dunno if this is true in Thailand, but in many asian countries its considered insulting. It's equivalent to telling the person that you think they are lower than dog shit.

toufeksian said:
well im going to travel to thailand in a couple of month , im 18 , it would be my first time traveling alone to another country.

please if someone can give some good advices, and info about good camps to go, with good prices good equipement to train in , it would be great.

and also about the VISA or PASSPORT , what will i need?

Why is this in Conditioning?

Yes about the feet.

Lanna is a tourist camp. Big advertising on the web--mostly foreigners there.

If that's what you want--then go ahead.

No Lumpini fighters are there.

i always thought lanna muay thai camp was one of the better ones. the guy that runs phuket worked at lanna thai this is from the phuket muay thai camp instructor section of the website.

' Chun is a highly decorated Thai professional fighter from the famous Lanna Muay Thai Gym in Chiang Mai and holds multiple belts. Chun was the Northern Thai Champion in the 45 kg class for many years.' - thats there head instructor

'Boon is also from the Lanna Muay Thai Camp in Chiang Mai and at 22 years is a veteran of many grueling fights at the Lumpini stadium.' - one of there insturctors

fairtex camp in thailand seems like a resort but the main instructor abidej sit hrun wutever his name is. is crazy but i dunno seems like fairtex and phuket is more like a resort compared to lanna thai.

Fairtex gets some serious fighters.

Phuket is a resort place---touist camps.

Lanna is a tourist camp. THey have NO fighters fighting in Lumpinin or Raja.

There are people posting on here that represent the REAL camp, though.

Look for Anorak for one. He is at one of the best (some say the best) camp in all of Thailand.

THere are so many--most of you have no idea how many camps there are.

perfect i didnt have to post that lol. Good luck bro im 18 also and going there soon. One or two things be sure ur ready to get tired. the ppl there are extremely conditioned and you will be gassed. Just a heads up man lol. I am American so when i went to a muay thai gym in the states i was dead for weeks no months lol. Good luck bro.

Back