Training while lifting (please help)

magelin

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Hello all,

First off thank you for helping me to lift properly. I have been doing so for just over a year (no more curls).

I finally signed up for MMA training and will start at the beginning of next month.

My question is how can I train and lift, after lifting I am pretty beat the next day and in the case of squats I am useless for the next two days?

My current routine:

Mon:
Deadlift 5 sets x 5 reps
Weighted Pull-ups 4 sets x 5 reps

Wed:
SOHP 5 sets x 5 reps
Weighted Dips 4 sets x 5 reps

Fri:
Back Squats 5 sets x 5 reps
Front Squats 4 sets x 5 reps

I want to train 2-3 times a week (BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing)

My main problem is my quads get so beat up after squats that I can barely shadow box without dropping to below 50% intensity after a couple minutes.

What can I do, help me out?

TIA

Don't do front squats after back squats then. Try doing them on your deadlift day. Or, if you're still new to the iron game, skip them completely for now.

Eat lots, sleep lots. Yada yada yada.

My lifts always go to shit when I'm going to the dojo. Not much I can do about it, except be satisfied with small gains, and just basic maintenance. Priorities....

I think it comes down to diet and sleep. I train 4-5 times a week and still lift heavy. It really is not an issue at all for me. Eat quality food, sleep, and your body will be able to handle it.

I think it comes down to diet and sleep. I train 4-5 times a week and still lift heavy. It really is not an issue at all for me. Eat quality food, sleep, and your body will be able to handle it.

x2 you can check my journal I have been training boxing. BJJ, MMA 5-6 days a week and lifting heavy 2x a week and sometimes doing random conditioning thorughout the week for the last 8 weeks or more and I have had no problems.

I used to have a pretty full on gym schedule, and after taking up MMA and BJJ training I only go to the gym 2 times a week, both for full body workouts (Strength on monday, power on thursday). I actually have more strength now than I ever have and I look the same too.

Hello all,

First off thank you for helping me to lift properly. I have been doing so for just over a year (no more curls).

I finally signed up for MMA training and will start at the beginning of next month.

My question is how can I train and lift, after lifting I am pretty beat the next day and in the case of squats I am useless for the next two days?

My current routine:

Mon:
Deadlift 5 sets x 5 reps
Weighted Pull-ups 4 sets x 5 reps

Wed:
SOHP 5 sets x 5 reps
Weighted Dips 4 sets x 5 reps

Fri:
Back Squats 5 sets x 5 reps
Front Squats 4 sets x 5 reps

I want to train 2-3 times a week (BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing)

My main problem is my quads get so beat up after squats that I can barely shadow box without dropping to below 50% intensity after a couple minutes.

What can I do, help me out?

TIA

Eat more, rest more, simple as that.

First let me just say this is only my opinion and what works for me. I play rugby and train MMA (about 4 years now)and am a heavyweight at 5'8" 240lbs. This isn't braggin as I'm a little doughy around the gut as I love to eat. I'm one of the lucky few who can just about try any sport and just dominate it which leads me into my new training aid which I'm gonna preach about....gymnastic rings. these cock suckers ruin my life everytime i try and do them. 50 60 dips on bars no problem, do them on rings and maybe 4. its awful, but its breaking me down and getting ridiculously strong and flexible. core body strength is bumping up. the second thing that makes me hate life is my "prowler sled". go to elitefts.com and buy one asap (oh and you can find gym rings if you google elite rings.) so heres what i would do design a program with deadlifts, squats, prowler sled rings and kettle bells. hate life, sleep. take zma and b-12 before bed and you'll sleep like a king. peace.

Back