training leg kicks with pads

The professional one that is made in Mexico. It's filled with a ton of thin nylon rags packed very tight.

I don't trust the campeon gear, it is made in China/Pakistan. It's on the same level as Ringsides contender line...

but I'm a gear nazi :)

bump-

I was just wathcing K-1 battle scramble and they were talking about this Kyokishin karate guy that they're hoping to get. They showed him training and his pad holder had some THICK pads on his thighs, they looked to be about 6" thick or so, and were on a waist belt and then 2 belts securing them top his thighs.

I've never seen this before, but it seemed work well for the punch/kick combos. If anyone else has seen this clip maybe they know the guys name and can fins a vid of it.

I'll keep looking for it.

Ummm, I usually kick other peoples legs, with shin pads on. We do kick sparring, no hands, and just work on the speed and accuracy of our kicks as well as working on conditioning our thighs and shins. Also my old coach used to have us do drills on each others legs.

Pretty much the same here. Light leg sparring is the best for developing your aim. I love whaling on the suitcase, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back