training help

lilevil1

White Belt
Reaction score
hi im 14 and love mma. i can't go down to an mma club for family reasons untill im 16. i have past boxing experience and have been training myself for mma. i rotate between boxing(which i have all the stuff in my garage) and ground days. i do this 6 days a week and get up at 5 to run. my q is can i condition and ready myself for a fight with my only grapp training coming from the dummy. i do alot of grapp drills to build stamina, strength, and techinque. i also spar with my uncle who is a lot bigger than me. i really want to become a mma fighter more than ull ever know and hope im off to a good start. i train and push myself very hard to make up for what i do not have. im deffentially a striker but my G and P is coming along. can i get better doing this. i really hope so! thankz

:D:D

First of all, stick around the training section of sherdog. There's gonna be a lot of reading, the FAQ threads in S&P, conditioning, grappling and diet would be a good start. Do it.

Second, yes, you can get pretty strong and conditioned, but grappling skills are hard to obtain on one's own. You say you can't join an MMA gym. How about bjj or sambo training section? These sports are pretty safe and there are coaches to guide you. But even without a gym, you can pretty much run, lift, jump, swim and so on until you're 16 and be a remarkable fighter when the time comes.

Finally, check out Ross Enamait. He designs workouts for fighters with virtually no equipment other than a heavy bag and a few $5 toys.

Good luck.

can you wrestle at your high school?
sounds like you have a nice little training program for yourself. stick to what your doing

Back