Traing in Sasebo, Japan

Iron_Eagle

White Belt
Reaction score
Im currently in the Navy in Sasebo Japan does anybody know where I can train here?

In Nagasaki, there is Team Omega and Purity. Nagasaki University (Daigaku) also has a Shooto/BJJ team, but I think that they are the Team Omega. They seem to be affiliated with Yuki Nakai's Parestora gym in Tokyo. Here's the website for Team Omega

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Colosseum-Acropolis/1452/index.html

Check out the gif's at the bottom of each page, pretty funny.

There also seems to be a thing called Kyushu BJJ Jam, some kind of tournament I guess. BJJ is really getting popular in Japan right now.

There's another gym in Nagasaki, near Suwajinga. It's a big shrine near the end of the tram line. The gym is really close to the Suwajinja tram stop. So if you're feeling adventurous, you could just go there and start asking people where the gym is. There's a convenience store kiddy corner to it when you exit the tram station. ask the people working there for the "kakutogi gym" <----rememeber this word, it's a normal japanese word, so it'll be familiar to people. if you say "shooto" or "pancrase" nobody will know what you're talking about.

To find gyms in Japan, they don't use the word "mma". Instead, look for "Shooto" "Parestora" and "Pancrase".

Enson Inoue has a chain of Purebred gyms across Japan now. There is a Puredbred Fukuoka. Fukuoka is about 1.5 hours from Sasebo.

here's the link http://www.geocities.jp/purebredfukuoka/

They train Tues-Wed-Fri-Sun from 7-10pm only. There's BJJ and MMA classes everyday, but at alternating times. From 7-8 is open mat time, 8-9 and 9-10 is class time. There's only class on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th sundays.

http://www.x-shooto.jp/gyms/

here's a list of Shooto affiliated gyms in Japan, from Hokkaido to Kyushu. The gyms in Kyushu are listed at the bottom, there's 3 or 4 in Fukuoka, and none in Sasebo. If you can't read it, find yourself a cute girl to read it for you.

Next, find a martial arts magazine, it'll be in a martial arts store, can be anything, maybe even a convenience store just look for a pro wrestling magazing. make sure you have a cute japanese girl with you. look through the magazines for gym ads and event listings. the event listings will have gym names and maybe even addresses. get the cute girl to help you find a gym that way. sasebo is kind of a small town, but there's probably some kind of bjj group. might be a good idea to check out the gyms in nagasaki and fukuoka, and ask them if they know anyone in sasebo who trains.

oh, and don't forget your jimmy hats in sasebo.

This thread is a few years old so I dont know how to good the information is now. Im looking for a place to train in Sasebo Japan. I found one place close to the base, but they only train twice a week and only a few guys attend. Any full contact fighting or grappling would be good. I dont have a car(not allowed) so anywhere i can walk to in around a hour would be good. Thanks alot.

Back