Trained at Balance this week

Jimmy Cerra

Amateur Fighter
@Black
Reaction score
Hey, I've been mostly away from the forum training in Philadelphia the last six days at NJMA and Balance Studios. I wanted to say thanks to everyone that I trained with at both schools for an awesome time. I really felt like part of the Team Balance family and not an outsider. Phil and Ricky Migliarese, Marco Perazzo, Rick Macauley, Tim Hart, Kirby Farrales, and Josh Vogel were great instructors during the practices in which I participated. I even got a chance to roll with DaRuckus. He isn't like I expected, but he is very skilled and humble. Look out for Josh. He has a unique game.

I want to thank Phil for letting me train at Balance. He was very inviting and set the tone of my visit. Phil helped me a lot with my numerous questions. I liked his instruction and his rolling. He has made Balance into a world-class jiu-jitsu school. I wish I could move to Philly to train there. I will definitely try to go back as soon as possible. If you get a chance, check out Balance Studios or NJMA. They really know their stuff!!!

damn bro, I'm going back this saturday for the first time in months... I just missed you.

Hey, I've been mostly away from the forum training in Philadelphia the last six days at NJMA and Balance Studios. I wanted to say thanks to everyone that I trained with at both schools for an awesome time. I really felt like part of the Team Balance family and not an outsider. Phil and Ricky Migliarese, Marco Perazzo, Rick Macauley, Tim Hart, Kirby Farrales, and Josh Vogel were great instructors during the practices in which I participated. I even got a chance to roll with DaRuckus. He isn't like I expected, but he is very skilled and humble. Look out for Josh. He has a unique game.

I want to thank Phil for letting me train at Balance. He was very inviting and set the tone of my visit. Phil helped me a lot with my numerous questions. I liked his instruction and his rolling. He has made Balance into a world-class jiu-jitsu school. I wish I could move to Philly to train there. I will definitely try to go back as soon as possible. If you get a chance, check out Balance Studios or NJMA. They really know their stuff!!!

Delbjj not there that nite?

Not for years. I was there for the day classes mostly, for a little over three years. then with the new day job and running my own school (team balance/Wilmington Jiu-Jitsu) and starting up the first Judo program in the state in a looong time. I really dont have alot of free time on my hands. I have been planning on making it up, but we have had some really good guys to train with down here.

Plus I stole Ken Primola and brought him to delaware...

Boo for stealing Ken from HQ. I'm jealous I didn't get to roll with him... Sam, that's all right just heal up and have fun at the promotion class.

Back