Trader Joe's supplements?

Cydewynder20

Green Belt
Reaction score
I did a search, but didn't find any threads specifically about Trader Joe's supplements.

I recently purchased a multi-vitamin, which the bottle claims to be the "high potency" formula.

I also got a couple of bottles of "Very Green" which is probably similar to Greens+. It doesn't give a very detailed breakdown of the ingredients, but at $9.99 for 35 servings, I might be willing to forgo some of the potency for cost-effectiveness.

I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about these?

Thanks.

I don't know anything about it, but I did find this on another forum:

If there's a Trader Joe's near you, I recommend something called "Very Green Drink Powder". It's only around $9 per bottle and everyone I have recommended it to(about 3 or 4 people) loved it. They felt better all around. It's not vitamins per se, but a blend of about 25 different plants and herbs including barley, wheat grass, spirulina, green tea, siberian ginseng, blue green algae, gingko, spinach, etc.

My experience w/ Trader Joe's products has always been good. Give it a shot.

Wouldn't that make their Greens supplement less than half the price of nearly every other greens powder on the market? That seems hard to believe... I'm a skeptical bastard :D

There's a Trader Joe's near me. I'll have to check it out. I didn't even know they sold supplements.

I don't know anything about it, but I did find this on another forum:

If there's a Trader Joe's near you, I recommend something called "Very Green Drink Powder". It's only around $9 per bottle and everyone I have recommended it to(about 3 or 4 people) loved it. They felt better all around. It's not vitamins per se, but a blend of about 25 different plants and herbs including barley, wheat grass, spirulina, green tea, siberian ginseng, blue green algae, gingko, spinach, etc.

My experience w/ Trader Joe's products has always been good. Give it a shot.

Cool, thanks!

Wouldn't that make their Greens supplement less than half the price of nearly every other greens powder on the market? That seems hard to believe... I'm a skeptical bastard :D

There's a Trader Joe's near me. I'll have to check it out. I didn't even know they sold supplements.

They are definitely worth checking out, for supplements or otherwise.

You can get boxes of cereal which are virtually identical to Cheerio's for like 1.99 per box. (I actually like TD's version better.....the O's are larger and crunchier.)

the O's are larger and crunchier

that's what she said

OH!

the trader joes in my area is pretty crappy actually. i may check them out for this anyway. they can't mess up powder can they?

I use TJ's fish oil. It's purity is pretty good (400/200), and it's only about $9 for a bottle of 90. A good bit cheaper than your average (180/120).

I have used several of their products and have been completly satisfied. I'll check out their greens.

I just started a bottle of TJ's greens this morning. I've been using Greens + for at least a year, so I'll keep you all posted what differences I notice (if any). Their ingredients differ on a handful of things, but at first glance it looks like TJ's will pack about the same nutritional punch for a fraction of the cost.

I just started a bottle of TJ's greens this morning. I've been using Greens + for at least a year, so I'll keep you all posted what differences I notice (if any). Their ingredients differ on a handful of things, but at first glance it looks like TJ's will pack about the same nutritional punch for a fraction of the cost.

Sounds good, let us know how you like it.

I've still got most of a bottle of NOW's greens, so I won't be starting the Very Green for a few more weeks yet.

I use their greens supplement.I like it for the most part,it's cheap and has a good mix of ingredients. As for their other supplements, I find it cheaper to buy fish oil and other stuff online.

i use thier greens powder and fish oil, great buys for the money. ive heard lots of good things about their multi as well, and its supposed to be whole food based. once my current multi runs out, im going to give their's a try.

I had to stop at TJ's on my way home, so I picked up a bottle. The only thing I have to compare it to is Garden of Life PerfectFood and the taste is far more tolerable than that. Does that mean it's not as "potent"? Possibly, but the fact that I can actually drink it means its a better supp for me than PerfectFood, which I find utterly horrific.

I had to stop at TJ's on my way home, so I picked up a bottle. The only thing I have to compare it to is Garden of Life PerfectFood and the taste is far more tolerable than that. Does that mean it's not as "potent"? Possibly, but the fact that I can actually drink it means its a better supp for me than PerfectFood, which I find utterly horrific.

+1 to that. Perfect food tastes like rotten fish and grass.

I've been using Greens+ for a little while now and had a Chiropractor friend of mine suggest I pick up TJ's Greens supplement instead. I can't imagine there's that much difference and you can't beat the price.

Finally picked a bottle up. All the bottle tops were dusty, so I assume they're not very popular at this particular location.

The taste is ALMOST good...like a weird cold tea.

I've never taken a greens supplement, so lets see if I see/feel anything different.

oh yeah..recommended serving is 8 grams. Stick with that?

that's what she said

OH!

the trader joes in my area is pretty crappy actually. i may check them out for this anyway. they can't mess up powder can they?

hahaha perfect timing.

What do you mean the TJ here is crappy? I go to the one in Reston and its great. Its pretty damn cheap, but still maintains high quality stuff.

hahaha perfect timing.

What do you mean the TJ here is crappy? I go to the one in Reston and its great. Its pretty damn cheap, but still maintains high quality stuff.

The one in centreville. I really think it's that particular location. Few items i've purchased from them have not appared fresh and have also spoiled rather quickly.

Back