Movies Toy Story vs. WALL-E - Which is the superior film?

Which is the superior film?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two of the best animated films ever made.

Toy Story - (plot summary):

Without a doubt, the most popular toy in young Andy's room is gangling Woody, a dated pull-string sheriff doll basking in the glory of his success. But all good things must come to an end. And when intrepid space ranger Buzz Lightyear--a modern, battery-operated action figure--finds its way into the house as a birthday present, Woody realises nothing lasts forever.

And then, as the sophisticated newcomer sparks the annoyed cowboy's jealousy, an unforeseen complication separates the two rivals from their owner. As a result, Woody and Buzz have no choice but to set aside their differences and venture into the great unknown with reunion etched on their minds. But it's a jungle out there.

Will the clashing companions discover what they're made of, survive the real world, and pull off a surprise victory for Andy's sake?

WALL-E - (plot summary)

In the distant future, humans abandon Earth because there is too much trash on it. WALL-E, with habit of picking up everything he finds interesting, lives alone on the planet with a pet cockroach. He has quite a collection of things, from lighters to a working iPod and even a small ring box (without the ring).

He even has the last living plant. When a spaceship comes to earth and drops a sleek and dangerous probe EVE to look for a living plant, WALL-E falls in love with her. WALL-E gives her the plant, which makes EVE go into sleep mode. When a spaceship comes to take EVE back, WALL-E too goes with her.

What follows is an adventure on board the Axiom, where people move on hovering chairs and get liquid food which they suck up through a straw. Due to laziness, they have become so fat that they are unable to move.

Due to hastily given instructions given to it, auto, the autopilot it tries to get rid of the plant which compels WALL-E, EVE, the pilot and some malfunctioning robots to find a way to retrieve the plant and save the earth.

uXDfjJbdP4ijW5hWSBrPrlKpxab.jpg

p_walle_19753_69f7ff00.jpeg

The three best Pixar movies IMO are:
1. Toy Story 2
2. Wall-E
3. The Incredibles

Wall-E is a complete package, it allows you to enjoy the visuals early on with the little to no dialogue and you get that feel of loneliness for the character. That hits harder in the end when he finally gets the attention of EVE and has his hero moment but at an unfortunate cost. While Toy Story may be the nice quick meal, Wall-E feels like the full course dinner.

toy story easily for me

but my kids watched them both around the same time and loved wall-E way more

Wall-E is probably the greatest animated film ever made and it has much to say about where we're headed.

Toy Story is just a decent heartwarming tale.

My youngsters did not have the patience to watch an animated movie where the characters don't speak the first 30 minutes.

WALL-E is the best Pixar movie ever made IMO. Followed by Up.

Toy Story was just ok.

Wall-E actually had depth.

Wall-E is probably the greatest animated film ever made and it has much to say about where we're headed.

Puss and Boots 2 in my opinion is the pinacle so far in story and artistic design. I went to it think I was going to see a shitty Shrek spin off and was blown away.

Toy story revolutionized how films were made, launched a billion dollar company, created some of most iconic characters in movie history, and reimagined an entire genre. Wall-E was just a (preachy) heartwarming tale.

Toy Story. I’ve never really cared about animation until that movie. It made me realize animation can be just as much for adults as children while being emotional.

I like Wall-E but the story didn’t grab me as much. It’s still good but not as profound as Toy Story.

Back