• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Toy Collectors Thread

Best not to mention the Gundam stuff I was eyeing up....

Me right now...

8rczps.jpg

Me right now...

8rczps.jpg

Yea, I really liked it and was thinking ...hmmmm, maybe later on...then I saw the retro marvel stuff and well , we all know how that would play out...

I found out yesterday that a friend is going up there today ....so...I may have sent him $100 and links to both of the retro Transformers....

Bollocks, both sold out.

Last edited:

McFarlane to collaborate with Marvel on some posed figures and statues . Not getting rid of the Hasbro Legends.

^ They seem to say "posed figures" instead of zero POA statues. Good for those who want the McF art in figure form. I'd rather have Jim Lee art figures, not zero POA statues though.

I remember Dwight from Hasbro once said they try not to make the ML in any particular artist's art.

Well, when my mate found the booth the Transformers had both sold out . C'est la vie . Probably just as well as I forgot that they are all plastic now, not die cast as they used to be and they might have niggled me .

Anyway, a couple of observations

The new Warbird figure looks Great 👍

The Luke Cage one looks okay on-line but seeing it in real life it looks badly proportioned . I'm not sure but it looks like he's skipped leg day and had them shortened...

Not sure if anyone here watches the Masked Singer, but this year they had a guy singing in a giant gumball machine suit and the dude was Scott Porter who is a BIG Heroclix fan and holds a charity event each year. They even made 2 Heroclix figures of him since he does the majority of the unboxing videos for Wizkids.

Just a cool little factoid.

That's what we called Heroclix too.
I had (still have, actually, but unfortunately water damaged card) the first of the Star Trek Micro Machines collection boxes from the 90s and was interested in the Attack Wing game WizKids did. I got the starter box and wasn't impressed by the model quality and didn't collect any further. The X-Wing game by FFG used the same template-based movement and seemed to get much nicer models, but I'm not a big enough SW fan to have gotten into it.

Last edited:
From a toy forum post, seems like Phoenix had some sort of McF convention panel slideshow and they had 7" scale classic comic Megafig Darkseid with soft goods cape, Super Powers Guy Gardner. I think those were the only two I was interested in.

I went to the Honolulu Don Quijote store and that one has a human sized RG style detailed RX-78 display. Looked super good. They had the biggest variety and sheer number of Gunpla I've seen maybe not counting Akihabara. The main Gunpla area was big and the surrounding area overflowed with more Gunpla in the aisle, on the other side of the boundary. I think they had Macross and Digimon, One Piece, old original Gundam Guntank, Guncannon. This has to be the best immediate emergency Gunpla shopping place in the state.

I saw IBO, Witch of Mercury, big ZZ kits. They also had a nice display case of completed HG sized models.

All of my usual haunts were sold out. This is the only place I was able to score one.

Last edited:
You had me at Taskmaster and a real cloth-caped Dr. Doom.

No love for this version?

Got two of them, one I kept boxed , one I opened.

Don't like that Iron Patriot .

Do like the Taskmaster though.

Not sure if I will get this , I have two Dooms and another to come , the two pack with Captain Marvel, the white suit version with secret wars Doom.

Last edited:
No love for this version?

Got two of them, one I kept boxed , one I opened.

Don't like that Iron Patriot .

Do like the Taskmaster though.

I must've missed that one! :eek:

I did snag this one a LOOOOONG time ago.

METRWRS_o.jpg

Then this one a few years later.

METRWRT_o.jpg

No cloth cape, but it comes with the "Throne of Latveria".

x800-12948.Jpg

I pre-ordered this one around last year and it came in earlier! :)

All of my usual haunts were sold out. This is the only place I was able to score one.

It's out for sale already? I was wondering if it's something I could wait to buy cheap later... or just stick to Super Powers scale. The 7" scale one does look a bit fatso.

Back