• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Toy Collectors Thread

Best Buy hours after everyone else and maybe before Amazon has yesterday's Star Wars Black Series pre-orders up for Rogue One where the new face printing was a big improvement, but still not enough appreciation for Donnie Yen's character to order his.

Seems Gamestop had GIJ CS Alpha Commando Snake Eyes with Timber up for pre-order hours after everyone else and at the normal $39.99 instead of their usual few bucks markup. Still no sign of Amazon. This is the best 6" Snake Eyes so far in my opinion, even though I prefer the visor head.

Pre-ordering these is more stressful than it should be. Seems Amazon sold out of TVC Bo Katan within a few hours.

71D%2BnS24kUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got it for the minigun. :)
If he had green underpants on the outside or green belt, I would have pre-ordered.

bought each figure in the Sugarman BAF wave on Amazon last night. Dark Beast was $25, but the rest were < $20. figured i might as well grab now while the next AOA wave is around the corner.
Hard to know which ones will disappear fast and be on eBay for huge markup and which will be easily available $5 cheaper later. Saw a bunch of Strong Guy wave discounted.

https://news.hisstank.com/2021/06/1...ke-eyes-and-storm-shadow-in-hand-images-73523

HISS Tank has many detailed in-hand pics of the movie figures. Still can't get past the white chocolate Storm Shadow and lack of color and meh design. Hoping SS had multiple costumes in the movie and the better one wasn't revealed yet.

Amazon still doesn't have Alpha Commando Snake Eyes w/Timber. I assumed Hasbro was having mercy on the other online retailers and gave them a head start vs. Amazon.

Considered canceling the movie SE after seeing the nicer AC SE, but it doesn't look that bad from the detailed pics.

I saw someone else post buying a Kotobukiya gatling for Roadblock. I even saw a 1/144 Gundam Build Divers, I think, have a kit of just a gatling gun... for like $30+.

Thanks for that! I'm going to look for it on Hobbylink Japan. :)

Pick this up for fun.

uoebwwF.jpg

I like the Legacy collection scale. I don't really want the 6 inch ones. They look way more detail but way to big.

Pick this up for fun.

uoebwwF.jpg

I like the Legacy collection scale. I don't really want the 6 inch ones. They look way more detail but way to big.
i almost grabbed the Ian Malcom for the lols, but snapped out of it

Pick this up for fun.

uoebwwF.jpg

Saw a bunch of Jurassic action figures and sets on clearance shelf at Target. I think one may have been black Nick Fury and one the guy from Thor Ragnarok.

Still looking like no sign of GIJ CS Major Bludd or GIJOE RETRO Wave 4 here while all sorts of mainland USA people are finding them easily.

I've been on the lookout for a Spartan Emile from Halo Reach. Voiced by Jaime Hector.

R286dfc16de1cbacfa2fa57c3dcda1932

Rc6cd977f84ec51d5bc83972d15984037

I've seen some but I want something that's Play Arts Kai caliber.
HABU! (Hook A Brother Up) with some leads!

Saw someone post Walmart's collector con will be 7/22-7/25. Still waiting for why June is GI Joe June instead of just that one day of livestream reveals.

50cef6b8-1d92-4713-ab09-1ee854c858e7.jpg

Picked this bad boy up yesterday from GameStop, pre order. $150.00
Bought mine last year in the name of supporting the economy for a bit under $110 after multiple discounts. I heard on podcasts that exact same thing but maybe with less paint details was way cheaper on Amazon. Also bought the latest redo of the TVC Boba Fett which looks better.

Browsed zavvi US for the first time and also saw TVC Slave I there also cheaper than $150. Some things there regular price, some things a bit more than normal price.

Last edited:
On a day I didn't wake up super early for a livestream, TVC 4 pack Amazon exclusive of "Bad Batch" carded clones revealed and sold out while I slept. Would have skipped anyways.

Really itching for GI Joe Retro Stalker, which I've seen many posts saying it's a good new sculpt, and Cobra Trooper. No indications it's here yet in stores, so considered ordering two from the assortment listing, but saw someone else did that and ended up with Cobra Commander and o-face Duke.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-GameStop-Exclusive-Invisible-Miles-Morales-Spider-Man-Promo-01.jpg

fingers crossed that GameStop is still alive & well come October because i pre-ordered this one times deuce

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-GameStop-Exclusive-Invisible-Miles-Morales-Spider-Man-Promo-01.jpg

fingers crossed that GameStop is still alive & well come October because i pre-ordered this one times deuce
I saw a similar concerned post elsewhere and a response saying Gamestop is making a comeback and is profitable and no debt, but after looking a bit, that seems like part bullshit. What I saw said they issued more stock and eliminated long-term debt but are NOT profitable. Still losing a lot of money.

I was tempted to try to pre-order from them after primary sources unavailable and seeing people report they ship a lot sooner than others, but passed.

Just happened to wake up like 15 min before the Hasbropulse Premium mystery GI Joe pre-order drop went live and saw it was only for Premium members and wiped out super quick, then saw someone say Target pre-order had Breaker w/RAM Cycle and BBQ pre-orders which didn't get wiped out super fast, but BBQ seemed like it wouldn't allow shipping out here. Lame... if I wanted that BBQ. Whether or not the Target pre-orders today end up getting canceled by them remains to be seen.

What's the point of the Hasbropulse Premium membership if you don't really get enough advance warning and even then they get wiped out in less than 15 minutes?

After a few failed attempts at Major Bludd and seeing one store had 7 and another had 2, decided not to make a special trip for this and only buy if I see it in stores since the website could be inaccurate and/or Target employee withholding inventory so they can be the scalper. Bludd's not as good looking as Beachhead or Flint or RAM Cycle.

I started watching my GI Joe Series 2 DVD set and it's got a bunch of new characters and the new designs mostly suck. So far after a few episodes in, I only recognize armored Cobra Commander, Baroness, gold Destro, Lady Jaye, Crimson Guard, Low Light, Sgt Slaughter. No Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow. Not even a generic Cobra Trooper. The overall quality of the DiC GI Joe cartoon is much lower than the Sunbow earlier cartoon.

Anyone have a nice clear Star Wars TVC size display case? I saw one on Amazon that had mirrored back and slide out clear front, but not available. It holds 24 figures in 3x8 configuration and hangs on wall.

Anyone have a nice clear Star Wars TVC size display case? I saw one on Amazon that had mirrored back and slide out clear front, but not available. It holds 24 figures in 3x8 configuration and hangs on wall.

Do you want it totally enclosed, open front, wood, plastic, very tall, or cubes? They're a lot of options out there. I'm here to help.

Back